• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I very clearly stated that past Smash games didn't have to option for DLC which could very likely have to do with why the characters were forced in. And into Smash 4's development, Sakurai had stated that he had no plans for DLC. That decision came very late into development. With Smash Switch, DLC is basically a given since Smash 4 had DLC, and Sakurai is surely aware of that. Things could be very different this time around.
Sure, but you also got to remember timing is key. If they are to add characters in Smash solely as a promotion, for series like Pokemon or Fire Emblem, they'd want to have them available around the time their respective games are released. For example, if Pokemon comes out in October, they'd want a gen 8 rep to be in at launch, or at very least within 60 days of launch. It would defeat the purpose to add them in during summer of next year. That said, games like Fire Emblem Switch could be delayed till spring of next year, thus meaning a rep from that game isn't high priority for the main roster.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think Smash Swtich would be a good game for Nintendo to start doing soft drink partnerships - to tie in with the game's release, special editions of Fanta and Mello Yello should be released. I think Nintendo partnering with the Coca-Cola Company (which by the way is an official partner of March Madness - -is anybody watching that?) would be the perfect counter move to Mountain Dew's partnership with Xbox.
Then we can get a mobile SSB game with heavy Coca Cola advertisement just like PSASBR.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We still don't know if Smash 5 is going to reuse character assets from 4. If they do, I imagine the dev time of characters will be significantly cut down thus allowing them to add Reps from newly released games in a much more streamlined manner. Fire Emblem has twice done this, and to an extend Greninja was added as a promotion character. So Sakurai is completely okay with this practice.

Since Smash 4, there haven't been any new Fire Emblem characters except for the FEH and FEW OC characters which don't count as main entries. Cellica or Alm are possible additions but I don't see Sakurai adding them since they are remakes. I find it extremely unlikely that we aren't getting a new FE character from launch, but there aren't many relevant choices, thus FE16 is the likely choice here.
I really doubt the remake thing would stop Sakurai from adding Alm or Celica considering literally only Japan got the original Gaiden. For the rest of the world it was the first time experiencing Alm and Celica's story.

It's not like a Pokémon or Zelda remake where the originals were known worldwide.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'd rather have Elma than Cross.
Same. Cross isn't like Robin; he/she's not a unique character with unique abilities.

Cross is a complete blank-slate protagonist you can use to insert yourself into the game, for better or worse. Cross has no personality (besides what you assign), has no bearing on the plot (which is driven by the other characters and events), and all of Cross's abilities are borrowed from the other characters.

As a character, Cross is little more than a soldier wrapped up in and witnessing the events around themselves. The real driving character of the story is Elma, the de facto leader of your group. And she has as many abilities as any other Xenoblade Chronicles X character to make a moveset out of.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Sure, but you also got to remember timing is key. If they are to add characters in Smash solely as a promotion, for series like Pokemon or Fire Emblem, they'd want to have them available around the time their respective games are released. For example, if Pokemon comes out in October, they'd want a gen 8 rep to be in at launch, or at very least within 60 days of launch. It would defeat the purpose to add them in during summer of next year. That said, games like Fire Emblem Switch could be delayed till spring of next year, thus meaning a rep from that game isn't high priority for the main roster.
Should also be understood that Pokemon does not need even a little bit of promotion in Smash. The franchise is so gigantic it needs no extra help, so forcing in a gen 8 Pokemon isn't necessary for the promotional role. I think with the poor reception of Corrin's appearance in Smash 4 as promotional DLC for a game that had not even been released outside of Japan yet, squeezing in a FE16 character to the base roster will have the exact same effect.

And then to bring this all together, Sakurai had the roster decided at the beginning of development which was likely 2016, as he does for every Smash game. Sakurai has made the statement that the roster is completely decided in the planning process, with the exception of Sonic coming to Brawl extra late. Pokemon was still working on Gen 7 with USUM around the time the planning process would've taken place. And, heck, it's possible Sun and Moon hadn't even been released yet depending on when Smash Switch actually started development. I know Greninja was decided for the roster of Wii U before his design was even finalized by Gamefreak, but again, now DLC is a prominent option. Why take the gamble when you genuinely don't have to as there are plenty of great gen 7 options for the base roster?

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I really doubt the remake thing would stop Sakurai from adding Alm or Celica considering literally only Japan got the original Gaiden. For the rest of the world it was the first time experiencing Alm and Celica's story.

It's not like a Pokémon or Zelda remake where the originals were known worldwide.
Its possible, but I almost wonder if he wants to avoid putting in remake characters in general. So far we've gotten remakes of FE1-3, so I imagine FE4 and 5 remakes are next and FE 6-7 after that. Does that mean Sigurd, Leaf, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, etc should get added in the next Smash game? I like the characters but FE representation in Smash has always been with the newest and freshest reps possible. Chrom I'd say is more of a mascot than Marth as of recently given his roles in TMS, FEH and FEW, but does mean he get in over newer characters? I'd like to see him but Sakurai and IS might have different plans.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Its possible, but I almost wonder if he wants to avoid putting in remake characters in general. So far we've gotten remakes of FE1-3, so I imagine FE4 and 5 remakes are next and FE 6-7 after that. Does that mean Sigurd, Leaf, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, etc should get added in the next Smash game? I like the characters but FE representation in Smash has always been with the newest and freshest reps possible. Chrom I'd say is more of a mascot than Marth as of recently given his roles in TMS, FEH and FEW, but does he get in over newer characters? I'd like to see him but Sakurai and IS might have different plans.
Chrom didn't/doesn't have a more prominent role than Marth in FEW or FEH. I don't know a lot about what happened in TMS, but that game was a spinoff using the most recent characters. Lucina is generally seen as the updated "mascot", but Marth is the basis of the entire series. Chrom and Lucina are literally descendants of him which has been mentioned numerous times. And to say they get the "Freshest characters" isn't really true anymore, outside of Corrin who even Sakurai didn't necessarily "want" to add to the game. Roy was for freshness, but also to draw more people to the dying franchise. Ike is significant by having two games and being very popular in the US. Roy came back after being cut because of fan demand. Robin was added because Awakening saved the Fire Emblem franchise and represents part of the Fire Emblem franchise that hadn't been in Smash yet. Lucina was added as a last minute clone. The only character who falls into the "freshness" argument anymore is Corrin, who was not received by the Smash community too well, so why would he do it again?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its possible, but I almost wonder if he wants to avoid putting in remake characters in general. So far we've gotten remakes of FE1-3, so I imagine FE4 and 5 remakes are next and FE 6-7 after that. Does that mean Sigurd, Leaf, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, etc should get added in the next Smash game? I like the characters but FE representation in Smash has always been with the newest and freshest reps possible. Chrom I'd say is more of a mascot than Marth as of recently given his roles in TMS, FEH and FEW, but does mean he get in over newer characters? I'd like to see him but Sakurai and IS might have different plans.
Well, it isn't exactly the same thing because Marth was a veteran at the time, but when Shadow Dragon released, Sakurai was on record actually saying he regretted not knowing it was in development, otherwise he would have updated Marth's design in Brawl. That's also why Smash 4 has his New Mystery of the Emblem design.

I know it's a design update and not a newcomer addition, but in that regard the remakes at least mean something, I imagine.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
So...thoughts on Animal Crossing representation in Smash Switch?

Will the villager get updated to his/her New Leaf look? Given that the New Leaf version of villager also appeared in Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival, Pocket Camp, and Mario Kart 8, I think it'd make a lot of sense for Smash to use that version. Plus, we already have some precedent for Smash Switch redesigns in BotW Link (assuming that's not just a costume, which I find pretty unlikely).

Will we get another playable Animal Crossing character? Isabelle is super popular and appeared in Mario Kart 8 along with the villager. But I'm not sure if it makes sense for her to be a fighter and I honestly don't know what her moveset would be like (unless it was kind of similar to the villager's).

Could we get another Animal Crossing stage? A campsite is the first thing that comes to mind for me since there was one in the amiibo update for New Leaf and Pocket Camp is all about camping stuff.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So...thoughts on Animal Crossing representation in Smash Switch?

Will the villager get updated to his/her New Leaf look? Given that the New Leaf version of villager also appeared in Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival, Pocket Camp, and Mario Kart 8, I think it'd make a lot of sense for Smash to use that version. Plus, we already have some precedent for Smash Switch redesigns in BotW Link (assuming that's not just a costume, which I find pretty unlikely).

Will we get another playable Animal Crossing character? Isabelle is super popular and appeared in Mario Kart 8 along with the villager. But I'm not sure if it makes sense for her to be a fighter and I honestly don't know what her moveset would be like (unless it was kind of similar to the villager's).

Could we get another Animal Crossing stage? A campsite is the first thing that comes to mind for me since there was one in the amiibo update for New Leaf and Pocket Camp is all about camping stuff.
Yes to the new design update. Link got an update so surely Villager will. As far as a new rep goes, AC is a series that definetaly could get a new one.. Isabelle is an interesting one, since shes heavily pushed by Nintendo, but what would she do exactly? Her in game role is specifically designed to assist the main character, thus her being AT perfectly suits her role. I feel like staple characters like Tom Nook or KK Slider would fit the cast better. Give Nook some of Tanooki Marios moves, and give KK Slider a music moveset (Although I want RH to get a music based fighter).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think those three can be classified as the "Surprise Retro" characters. I think we can expect only one in Smash in Switch, but what one? It could be Excite Biker, considering he was in Smash Brothers Brawl as an Assist Trophy. Well multiple ones.
I'll go with Mach rider as the next one (probably not though)

I mean his music is being used and was considered for melee

Ivander

Smash Legend
Cross is a complete blank-slate protagonist you can use to insert yourself into the game, for better or worse. Cross has no personality (besides what you assign), has no bearing on the plot (which is driven by the other characters and events), and all of Cross's abilities are borrowed from the other characters.

As a character, Cross is little more than a soldier wrapped up in and witnessing the events around themselves. The real driving character of the story is Elma, the de facto leader of your group. And she has as many abilities as any other Xenoblade Chronicles X character to make a moveset out of.
While Cross doesn't have any real bearing to the plot, I would argue that they certainly have presence in their world, which the game explores and whatnot. Cause Cross does get quests that actually do affect the world they're in. Their choice can influence the world, how others view things, and they even have a ton of choices that can either spare or destroy the lives of others. Like that one quest with the piglets, or that quest that requires you to press either the Blue or Red button.
And Cross is important with those choices. While it's not so much a case that you can leave Elma out of your party for those quests, it's more so that even if Elma is in your party when you get those quests, even if you have her as your Leader, Cross is the one who decides those choices. They have an influence on the world they live in and can affect the lives of others. They do make choices that can either kill or save lives.
While Cross' relevance to the plot is not really arguable, they are unarguably important for both showing Xenoblade X's world and it's world building and influencing it. Cross isn't just a witness. They do have a presence that affects others, even if it's not in the plot.

Anyway, that aside, I'd much prefer Elma for the Dual Weapons, especially if she gets a dual-style gameplay that allows her to switch between her Dual Swords and Dual Guns, thus influencing her moves without needing a big model change compared to Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I think those three can be classified as the "Surprise Retro" characters. I think we can expect only one in Smash in Switch, but what one? It could be Excite Biker, considering he was in Smash Brothers Brawl as an Assist Trophy. Well multiple ones.
Balloon Fighter is a character that was created by Iwata. He could be added as a dedication to him.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I wish there was a roster maker for Mac. I get really disappointed when I see the rosters and realize I can’t make them:urg:
Is there really not? I had a mac the entirety of smash 4 speculation and I remember making rosters. Unless you mean like a Smash 5 specific roster maker.
Maybe just maybe they can go how Fire Emblem does and let Cross in Smash Bros, you know.. . Your avatar in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

But yeah, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a more better rep.
As a bunch of people said already, I much rather have Elma than Cross. I would be happy if Elma was in smash, but I much rather Xenoblade 2 rep than Elma ultimately.
And in my heart I would want it to be Nia.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think I mostly excited to know the next Fire Emblem to know if their new main character is unique or not.

I think Heroes had make me forgot about Fire Emblem Switch; and that game probably won't be my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Shin Megami Tensei has started to emerge in my mind as a genuine possibility, however small.

IV + the retelling/sequel Apocalypse is exclusive to the 3DS, V is in development for Switch. Devil Survivor 1 & 2 were on the DS exclusively and both had remakes on the 3DS. Strange Journey is also the same: DS title with a 3DS remake. Devil Summoner was on the 3DS. The first two games of the series also appeared on the Game Boy Advance in Japan I think. Not the entire series, a lot of PS2 games in particular, but it's definitely been aligned with Chaos Nintendo for a while and doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

The titles are very mature but it could be toned down and it wouldn't be the first series that has M rated games in Smash.

A SMT representative would almost certainly bring a Tokyo themed stage that would have hazards and transformations that would fit right in, and the idea of having Nintendo fighters in a Japanese city would be a possibility hard to resist.

Could easily add to the item list. Hell (no pun intended), you could have a Pokeball item from the series since SMT is like Pokemon except demons. You collect them, give them move sets, they can even evolve. :laugh:

And gosh, the music... There's many beautiful/fun pieces. Too many to dump here in the thread. Plenty of old retro songs too that are very classic and could maybe be remixed or recreated.

Overall tapping into this old series would be a rich resource for Smash and would be a wonderful addition, and one that I don't believe would be unwelcome at this point.

Most importantly, I want it so we should get it. Gimme. :p

wow1362

Smash Rookie
Now lets start with the obvious. No mii fighters and no wii fit trainer. Now lets delve into something more. wolf is more than likely going to be in due towolf not being a 3rd party character. Same goes for ice climbers but due to people wanting wolf more than ice climbers than ice climbers might not get in. Solid Snake is more complicated due to konami and (insert people who made metal gear here) Breaking up and not working together anymore. I really hate to say this but its almost 100% true that crash is going to be in smash 5. I hate that sentence, I really do. But because the insane trilogy is getting a port to the switch than that means nintendo has deals with sony and naughty dog. Now because Nintendo now has relations with naughty dog this opens up a lot of possibilities for characters such as jax and daxter, sly cooper and although he is a real person due to nintendo doing real looking people before, nathan drake from the uncharted series. Most characters from smash for will probably stay in, except for one (maybe two) that person is palutena. She is barely every used, no one really notices her except when going random and hoping it isn't her and she is an underused character for the most part. Than there is bayonetta. With everyone saying she needs a ban nintendo will either get rid of her completely or nerf her so she isnt a problem anymore. Olimar probs wont stay in either just saying. As for like shante or shovel knight, they could get in. Shovel knight already has an amibo so I dont see why not. As for shante, she could get in. But might not as well.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Now lets start with the obvious. No mii fighters and no wii fit trainer. Now lets delve into something more. wolf is more than likely going to be in due towolf not being a 3rd party character. Same goes for ice climbers but due to people wanting wolf more than ice climbers than ice climbers might not get in. Solid Snake is more complicated due to konami and (insert people who made metal gear here) Breaking up and not working together anymore. I really hate to say this but its almost 100% true that crash is going to be in smash 5. I hate that sentence, I really do. But because the insane trilogy is getting a port to the switch than that means nintendo has deals with sony and naughty dog. Now because Nintendo now has relations with naughty dog this opens up a lot of possibilities for characters such as jax and daxter, sly cooper and although he is a real person due to nintendo doing real looking people before, nathan drake from the uncharted series. Most characters from smash for will probably stay in, except for one (maybe two) that person is palutena. She is barely every used, no one really notices her except when going random and hoping it isn't her and she is an underused character for the most part. Than there is bayonetta. With everyone saying she needs a ban nintendo will either get rid of her completely or nerf her so she isnt a problem anymore. Olimar probs wont stay in either just saying. As for like shante or shovel knight, they could get in. Shovel knight already has an amibo so I dont see why not. As for shante, she could get in. But might not as well.
Hi. Welcome to smash boards.

First off, I recommed using the enter key more to make it easier to read what you have to say.

Anyway, as for some of the things you said. There really isn't any obvious cuts at all. I remember plenty of people saying R.O.B. was obviously going to get cut. And then he wasn't.

Also, what's the connection between ice climbers and wolf? Why would one getting in affect the other?

Also you ae correct. All those naughty dog ips are possible. But that doesn't really mean anything. Because lots of 3rd parties are possible. And it is impossible to know who Sakurai will consider to be in smash 5.

Lastly, why wouldn't Olimar stay? He got a game recently, and there has been a pikmin 4 in development for a while now.

D

Deleted member

But because the insane trilogy is getting a port to the switch than that means nintendo has deals with sony and naughty dog. Now because Nintendo now has relations with naughty dog this opens up a lot of possibilities for characters such as jax and daxter, sly cooper and although he is a real person due to nintendo doing real looking people before, nathan drake from the uncharted series.
Neither Sony nor Naughty Dog owns the Crash IP. It's currently under Activision's banner. The N. Sane Trilogy was a timed exclusive for the PS4. So, no, Nintendo didn't make any deals with Sony or ND.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Just wanted to clarify that the deal for the Crash Trilogy is with Activision, as the Crash and Spyro properties were bought by Vivendi back then, so no Naughty Dogs or Sony IP are more possible than before

D

Deleted member

Balloon Fighter is a character that was created by Iwata. He could be added as a dedication to him.
If Nintendo were to pick any character to dedicate to Iwata, it wouldn't be Balloon Fighter.

It would be Ossan.

Before the 4.0.0 update on the Switch's firmware, there was a way to play the original Golf for NES as a tribute to Iwata, the game serving as a "protective charm" or "omamori" or sorts.
The Switch's internal clock had to be set to July 11th (the day Iwata passed) and the player had to move the Joy-Cons in the "Directly" motion Iwata was known for in the Nintendo Directs.

As for why it was removed in the update, this is the most likely reason (since Nintendo is a Kyoto company):
"Customarily, omamori are not opened in order to avoid losing their protective benefits. They’re carried on one’s person, or tied to something like a backpack or a purse. Amulets are replaced once a year to ward off bad luck from the previous year. Old amulets are usually returned to the same shrine or temple they were purchased at so they can be disposed of properly. Amulets are commonly returned on or slightly after New Year’s. This way the shrine/temple visitor has a fresh start for the New Year with a new omamori."

Last edited by a moderator:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
You know what suprise new character would be cool? (Pun intended) A 1080º character! This char would be all about mobility, if hit he would stop on his tracks and lose momentum. I have a lot of ideias for his moves, like smash down could be the char falling down (something you do a lot on 1080!)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
If Nintendo were to pick any character to dedicate to Iwata, it wouldn't be Balloon Fighter.

It would be Ossan.

Before the 4.0.0 update on the Switch's firmware, there was a way to play the original Golf for NES as a tribute to Iwata, the game serving as a "protective charm" or "omamori" or sorts.
The Switch's internal clock had to be set to July 11th (the day Iwata passed) and the player had to move the Joy-Cons in the "Directly" motion Iwata was known for in the Nintendo Directs.

As for why it was removed in the update, this is the most likely reason (since Nintendo is a Kyoto company):
"Customarily, omamori are not opened in order to avoid losing their protective benefits. They’re carried on one’s person, or tied to something like a backpack or a purse. Amulets are replaced once a year to ward off bad luck from the previous year. Old amulets are usually returned to the same shrine or temple they were purchased at so they can be disposed of properly. Amulets are commonly returned on or slightly after New Year’s. This way the shrine/temple visitor has a fresh start for the New Year with a new omamori."
But that character is Mario. And we already got a golf costume for Mario in Smash, so it'd be pointless to have another Mario. Balloon Fighter is the best choice.

D

Deleted member

But that character is Mario. And we already got a golf costume for Mario in Smash, so it'd be pointless to have another Mario. Balloon Fighter is the best choice.
Wrong on both counts.

Not only is he not Mario (anymore) as shown in Captain Rainbow.....

But the palette you're talking about is of the wrong game.

Furthermore, why do you push for Balloon Fighter specifically? Why is he objectively the best choice over say, Mach Rider, when Iwata was credited as the Producer for both?

I'd even argue Lolo(lo) and Lala(la) from Eggerland/Kirby would be better tributes due to Iwata's contributions at HAL Labs.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Why are Wii Fit Trainer and the Mii Fighters the obvious? They have every right to be in the roster regardless of what the overzealous part of the fandom says. The later was a very interesting idea that could have been executed better but still interesting nonetheless.
And why is Olimar going? 'Just saying' is not good enough for an explanation.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Why does Ossan have a colored stripe between his legs matching his skin tone? Like, I get it, we need to be able to distinguish the legs but, I thought it was a wardrobe malfunction for a second. (Just try to unsee it) :crazy:

They could have used the white, or the grey if they didn't want it to bleed into the shoes :laugh:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Wrong on both counts.

Not only is he not Mario (anymore) as shown in Captain Rainbow.....

But the palette you're talking about is of the wrong game.

Furthermore, why do you push for Balloon Fighter specifically? Why is he objectively the best choice over say, Mach Rider, when Iwata was credited as the Producer for both?
I didn't realize Mach Rider was by Iwata. That would be a good choice too. As far as retro reps go, Takamaru, Excite Biker, Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter are all reps I see getting in Smash sooner or later. Theres only so many NES era reps left to add.

Also Diskun as a wtf retro character

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If nothing else, I learned a lot about Ossan today.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hi. Welcome to smash boards.

First off, I recommed using the enter key more to make it easier to read what you have to say.

Anyway, as for some of the things you said. There really isn't any obvious cuts at all. I remember plenty of people saying R.O.B. was obviously going to get cut. And then he wasn't.

Also, what's the connection between ice climbers and wolf? Why would one getting in affect the other?

Also you ae correct. All those naughty dog ips are possible. But that doesn't really mean anything. Because lots of 3rd parties are possible. And it is impossible to know who Sakurai will consider to be in smash 5.

Lastly, why wouldn't Olimar stay? He got a game recently, and there has been a pikmin 4 in development for a while now.
For the IC's and Wolf thing: I'd expect he's referring to the both of them being considered to be the likeliest veteran returns for this installment.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
We know Link is going to be from BOTW and likely receive a huge overhaul, but it would also make sense that Mario gets updated as well. So heres a question. If Mario gets cappy as part of his moveset, what should change and stay the same to make sure hes updated but represents Mario's legacy as a whole. How would cappy work? Clearly we won't control other characters at will, and I doubt cappy's capture would be used as a final smash.

There are several ways I can see cappy personally:

As a projectile similar to links boomerang usings >B
Or as his grab. It could grab onto enemies and slow them down if far away. It could also be used like a hookshot to recover since Mario lunges towards it.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd rather have Elma than Cross.
Just like Smash 4 then... Why not both? Lol.
I'd rather have Elma than anyone else Xenoblade has to offer rn.
Despite I want Elma as well, I still prefer Rex and Oyra+other Blades because well... He is from the most recent Xenoblade Chronicles, and it sell well.

I think Elma will be the best choice... When they port Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I really hope they can do it before Smash Bros Switch arrives.
As a bunch of people said already, I much rather have Elma than Cross. I would be happy if Elma was in smash, but I much rather Xenoblade 2 rep than Elma ultimately.
And in my heart I would want it to be Nia.
Like said, why not both lol.
I also would like those people who wants Elma than Rex give more legit reason why besides of just personal preference.. .
Because picking a Xenoblade character from Wii U than the most recent and popular one is just weird in my opinion.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Despite I want Elma as well, I still prefer Rex and Oyra+other Blades because well... He is from the most recent Xenoblade Chronicles, and it sell well.

I think Elma will be the best choice... When they port Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I really hope they can do it before Smash Bros Switch arrives.

I also would like those people who wants Elma than Rex give more legit reason why besides of just personal preference.. .
Because picking a Xenoblade character from Wii U than the most recent and popular one is just weird in my opinion.
I just couldn't buy into X's story or characters. They were so uninteresting. Even Elma felt boring and didn't bring anything unique that screams "Hey she should be in Smash."

XBC2 on the otherhand is a completely different story where the blade system screams uniqueness. Plus the cast was incredible. Even though the english dub had its issues, Rex was still an interesting character, and I loved his relationship with Pyra and Mythra. I kinda hope they just forget about X at this point and continue with the main storyline.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Boy do you have any idea how much ass whooping you're gonna get on those two?

"just saying" is a terrible and I mean TERRIBLE reason to have a character removed. Just saying ;)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

I mean, sure I would love to have all my favorite xenoblade characters in smash. But I don't see them spending time and resources on 2 additional xenoblade characters. Especially if they were from the same game.

D

Deleted member

If nothing else, I learned a lot about Ossan today.
Same here. Is Ossan from some kind of NES game that Iwata was dedicated to?
Ossan is so unknown that Smash Brothers would be the reason that 99% of people who know Ossan know Ossan.
Edit: You guys are asking for a lot of random goofy characters, which is interesting. What is next, Putty from Nintendo? :p

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Same here. Is Ossan from some kind of NES game that Iwata was dedicated to?
Ossan is so unknown that Smash Brothers would be the reason that 99% of people who know Ossan know Ossan.
Edit: You guys are asking for a lot of random goofy characters, which is interesting. What is next, Putty from Nintendo? :p
The car from stunt race fx that Andre from Gamexplain was pushing :awesome::awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom