• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
You know this sounds pretty interesting the more I look at it

Leif don't have Fire attacks, so there's no way that's going to work with Roy.
Actually there are Fire Swords in Jugdral games so it's not entirely impossible. He's much better as a Marth alt though since fire is Roy's shtick. He'd be cool as a playable character since he can use every weapon, but that won't happen without a remake.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Leif don't have Fire attacks, so there's no way that's going to work with Roy.
Okay..! But to be fair, my reason for that pick was because Leif was originally considered to be the second FE character over Roy in Melee, also:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Heroes.png/revision/latest?cb=20180410075246
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Heroes.png/revision/latest?cb=20170122062106

.. You kinda have to admit they look pretty similar when you put them side by side. It's probably just me though

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
.. You kinda have to admit they look pretty similar when you put them side by side. It's probably just me though
Even with that Ant Picture I see no ressemblance whatsoever with Roy and Leif-

On another news, since I dunno, can help or not with Atlus getting a Rep in Smash- Persona Q2, a game who seems to be mostly based on the Persona 5 Universe and that we had no info on, who was previously announced on 3DS last year seems to change it's support, it went from 3DS to "undetermined"
Possibly going to Switch? Maybe an announcement at E3?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I always see it paired with Waluigi. Did he ever use one?
I would have thought a mario plant attack would be more befitting Daisy.

Or Captain Toad/Toad since they've used the potted plant in Treasure Tracker/3D World...
He did had an Plant Duel partner in MP3 so that helps it.

Okay..! But to be fair, my reason for that pick was because Leif was originally considered to be the second FE character over Roy in Melee, also:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Heroes.png/revision/latest?cb=20180410075246
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Heroes.png/revision/latest?cb=20170122062106

Not really. He screams more of Marth than Roy. Only reason Roy was picked instead of Leif is to advertise the Binding Blade game. Not to mention if Leif was picked over Roy, would you see the awesome fire attacks being added? Chances are not likely but maybe light attacks instead

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

On another news, since I dunno, can help or not with Atlus getting a Rep in Smash- Persona Q2, a game who seems to be mostly based on the Persona 5 Universe and that we had no info on, who was previously announced on 3DS last year seems to change it's support, it went from 3DS to "undetermined"
Where do you see undetermined? I ask because it still says 3DS on the financial report which is current as of, well, today.

Curious because I think it would be great to have some persona titles on the switch (although I'd perfer mainline one's)

Edit: Ah I see. Hm maybe dual release? Still seems to be coming to 3DS though. Joker is the most likely character from the Persona series in my opinion, makes sense.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

Well, first off - Ant Picture.. Wh- dammit.

Second, they both have similar hairstyles, Leif's has only gotten straighter, while Roy's got messier.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Where do you see undetermined? I ask because it still says 3DS on the financial report which is current as of, well, today.

Curious because I think it would be great to have some persona titles on the switch (although I'd perfer mainline one's)
Well, even if you do see it, I guess I can still point it out for future people-
There was a problem fetching the tweet

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Well, even if you do see it, I guess I can still point it out for future people-
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Even if Joker wasn’t going to make an appearance on switch he’d be in a cloud situation and get in due to simply being a very popular character for a third party

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anyone from Persona is far from Cloud Strife levels of popularity.

There are people who know Cloud and Final Fantasy 7 that haven't even touched a video game.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Anyone from Persona is far from Cloud Strife levels of popularity.

There are people who know Cloud and Final Fantasy 7 that haven't even touched a video game.
But as far an an ATLUS character the persona protagonists are very popular
And Shin Megani tensei 5 is on the way to switch

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'm really not sure a lot of these Third-Party dream characters are likely.

Discounting Bayonetta (for ballot/Nintendo publishing reasons), the TP's that have been added are all massively famous characters from franchises with decades of history in gaming. I mean, realistically, Cloud could be considered the "least famous" one we've gotten so far, and he is HUGE. As Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman mentioned, even people who don't game will recognize him. So I have to believe we're a ways away from the Steve's and Jokers of the gaming world being added.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
My only issue with a Persona character is that the kit would probably be very similar to Bayo's, they'd have to be careful about keeping it unique.

Other than that though, alt-costumes, final smash, stages, soundtracks, all of it was pretty much made for Smash.

EDIT:

Also the series is more relevant now than it's ever been, it would be perfect timing.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
My only issue with a Persona character is that the kit would probably be very similar to Bayo's, they'd have to be careful about keeping it unique.

Other than that though, alt-costumes, final smash, stages, soundtracks, all of it was pretty much made for Smash.

EDIT:

Also the series is more relevant now than it's ever been, it would be perfect timing.
Could be our summon based character too
Bringing out Jack Frost and The gang

Mara... :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still, it's probably not worth the hassle, just to get a single trophy that can't be acquired by any other means.
...Then don't have it be required to get a trophy. The bonuses are fun things. Don't tie them to anything other than points and maybe a challenge or two(like getting a certain amount of max points in Single Player). Getting All Bonuses does not need to be a challenge in order to return Bonuses. Nor should it, since that was a stupid challenge/unlock.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
...Then don't have it be required to get a trophy. The bonuses are fun things. Don't tie them to anything other than points and maybe a challenge or two(like getting a certain amount of max points in Single Player). Getting All Bonuses does not need to be a challenge in order to return Bonuses. Nor should it, since that was a stupid challenge/unlock.
That's pretty much my problem. If you want bonuses to return, don't force us to have to acquire every single one that exists to get a trophy.

Unfortunately, we've seen challenges like collecting all stickers, all Mii outfits, all Mii headgear, and even all custom special moves. With trends like that, I'd dread seeing the Collect all the bonuses challenge pop up.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure if I'll be here when we celebrate 1,000 pages, so...

Congratulations guys! We managed to make 1,000 pages of discussion with nothing but Inklings, BotW Link, and a few baker's dozen of heated arguments about the game's timing. It's an impressive and somewhat scary accomplishment to be sure!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's pretty much my problem. If you want bonuses to return, don't force us to have to acquire every single one that exists to get a trophy.

Unfortunately, we've seen challenges like collecting all stickers, all Mii outfits, all Mii headgear, and even all custom special moves. With trends like that, I'd dread seeing the Collect all the bonuses challenge pop up.
You made it sound like it'd totally happen.

Anyway, I loved Bouses and Bonus mode. Was tons of fun. I wouldn't mind just Bonus Mode returning instead.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Not sure if I'll be here when we celebrate 1,000 pages, so...

Congratulations guys! We managed to make 1,000 pages of discussion with nothing but Inklings, BotW Link, and a few baker's dozen of heated arguments about the game's timing. It's an impressive and somewhat scary accomplishment to be sure!
Well to be fair, a major portion of this thread was before the game was officially announced. Heck, this thread was started when we didn't even know anything about the Switch except its NX codename.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well to be fair, a major portion of this thread was before the game was officially announced. Heck, this thread was started when we didn't even know anything about the Switch except its NX codename.
Smash 5 was confirmed when this thread was on page 405. So, to be more accurate, "We managed to make 593 pages of discussion with nothing but Inklings, BotW Link, and a few baker's dozen of heated arguments about the game's timing."

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
The infinity war hype is the only thing fueling me
After that it’s going to be a long wait for E3

If the Mario movie by illumination is successful, do you guys think they could ever make a smash bros animated movie?
It’s a pipe dream but I would love it
Subspace emmisary times 10

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The infinity war hype is the only thing fueling me
After that it’s going to be a long wait for E3

If the Mario movie by illumination is successful, do you guys think they could ever make a smash bros animated movie?
46 days.
19 hours.
45 minutes.

until E3 2018.

It can't come soon enough.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Mario movie post-credits scene: Mario returns to his home after defeating Bowser and rescuing Princess Peach. Suddenly Meta Knight emerges from the shadows.

"Mr. Mario, you've become part of a bigger universe, you just don't know it yet. I'm here to talk to you about the Smash Bros. Initiative."

...yeah Avengers hype is the only thing distracting me from pulling my hair out over Smash and Pokemon. at least there's still a chance for an April Direct (?)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mario movie post-credits scene: Mario returns to his home after defeating Bowser and rescuing Princess Peach. Suddenly Meta Knight emerges from the shadows.

"Mr. Mario, you've become part of a bigger universe, you just don't know it yet. I'm here to talk to you about the Smash Bros. Initiative."

...yeah Avengers hype is the only thing distracting me from pulling my hair out over Smash and Pokemon. at least there's still a chance for an April Direct (?)
Only if it happens on Friday or Monday.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace

There was an idea
To put together a group of remarkable heroes
To stomp on the goombas we never could

Edit: I doubt we’ll get a direct in April, but i’d like anything whether that be Pokémon news or smash news

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Guys, I'm a bit away from the recent discussion, please confirm to me that I have not lose a reasonable leak:

- The most likeable leaks:
  • My dad works at Nintendo and is a new game (almost confirmed)
  • 4chan video of Spring Man and Decidueye
  • Master0fHyrule Battlefield, Duck Hunt, Shulk, Marth and Bayo returning
- Another leaks:
  • 4chan pics: Ice Climbers and Mario + Cappy on Yoshi Island
There's anything else?

D

Deleted member

Okay..! But to be fair, my reason for that pick was because Leif was originally considered to be the second FE character over Roy in Melee
That is misinformation that was spread from a user on NeoGAF.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guys, I'm a bit away from the recent discussion, please confirm to me that I have not lose a reasonable leak:

- The most likeable leaks:
  • My dad works at Nintendo and is a new game (almost confirmed)
  • 4chan video of Spring Man and Decidueye
  • Master0fHyrule Battlefield, Duck Hunt, Shulk, Marth and Bayo returning
- Another leaks:
  • 4chan pics: Ice Climbers and Mario + Cappy on Yoshi Island
There's anything else?
The 4chan video and Ice climbers and mario screenshot is the same guy same leak

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The 4chan video and Ice climbers and mario screenshot is the same guy same leak
There's any proof that is the same guy?
Hard to tell because 4chan. I still think the video may be true but the pictures are not true at all.

Also, MoH deleted any info regards the leak. There was a video about the info he got from E3, but I decided to watch later and now it's gone. There was anything beyond Bayo, Duck Hunt, Shulk, Marth and that savage Battlefield?

Cause that Battlefield looks like it came directly from a DKCountry. I'm going bananas.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember that Master0fHyrule leak from this week?

Turns out he deleted all tweets about them, even going to the old tweet links about Battlefield and the characters are down. Either they were real all along or they were faked.

D

Deleted member

M0H even deleted the video he put up last year where he leaked (or guessed) Nintendo's New Donk City themed E3 floor. Don't know why.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Turns out he deleted all tweets about them, even going to the old tweet links about Battlefield and the characters are down. Either they were real all along or they were faked.
M0H even deleted the video he put up last year where he leaked (or guessed) Nintendo's New Donk City themed E3 floor. Don't know why.
Nintendo's onto him, boys.

Probably not, though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

My guess was that the sources were true, but because they were gaining so much attention he decided to delete them to prevent his accounts from being terminated by Nintendo or his source from being fired.

Not helping that he accidentally slipped up with specifics, like the source apparently being a female and such.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Either way it’s not like we learned much, if someone is going to get in trouble at least make the leak juicy. :lick:

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Either way it’s not like we learned much, if someone is going to get in trouble at least make the leak juicy. :lick:
Honestly learning Bayo and Duck Hunt Dog are extremely likely to return is pretty massive.

It certainly makes the rest of the DLC more likely to return and shows that it’s not some revamped engine change that would have required massive cuts.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Honestly learning Bayo and Duck Hunt Dog are extremely likely to return is pretty massive.

It certainly makes the rest of the DLC more likely to return and shows that it’s not some revamped engine change that would have required massive cuts.
I never doubted they would return, I think most of the characters are safe to return. I wouldn’t expect a shocking exclusion this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom