• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Also, while this doesn't really disprove the port theory, this kind of disproves the port theory. There is no way that they would not tell us that this Smash is a port by now and have a large tournament and video presentation opening E3 and spend this much time in development. (2 years from DLC and 4 years from main game development is a great amount of time to make a new Smash.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Strap in, folks. It's gonna be one hell of a month and a half.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Looks like the news keeps coming!

Whilst only on the website (that we know of) we will be getting informaiton about the Nintendo Switch Online beginning of next month. So sliiiiiight chance this might lead to something else.

Also page 1000 :happysheep:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thank ****in' god. All this time, all I wanted them to do was tell us when to expect more news. And now we know, so we don't have to play this game of "will they show us news sooner than E3 or nah".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I just want to prepare everyone.

Hype considerably. They could info dump on us at E3 or they could just leave us with a few more sprinkles.

Just don't go in expecting the whole bag of potato chips because this might be a bag of Lays where you can only eat just one.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Hype considerably. They could info dump on us at E3 or they could just leave us with a few more sprinkles.

Just don't go in expecting the whole bag of potato chips because this might be a bag of Lays where you can only eat just one.
While it's good to be cautious, it is almost certain they're going to be giving us some good info. We're getting a tournament which will show hours of gameplay and a Smash Video Presentation to open E3. While I personally won't be going in expecting a full bag of chips, I think we will be getting a lot of chips.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
1000 pages of discussion for a game we know nothing about. Just goes to show how desperate we are for new information.

D

Deleted member

Ok I just saw the announcement and now I'm both happy and sad!
Bruh.
Stay happy.
Sakurai gave us a blessing.

I got the sign.
There is going to be a lot of hype...

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
My school year will be ending on the 7th with Smash info only 5 days away... So many reasons for summer to come but it's taking way too long.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
The best part about this is it'll be during my birthday month! :D
ayyy, another june guy. i'm excited about the shiny zygarde distribution going on that month too

E3 always feels like Nintendo's birthday gift to me lmao, some years it's better than others and this sounds like it's gonna be a good one

Last edited:
Going to pray for a may reveal for more smash but expect the long, arduous wait for E3.

I would have rather not had the teaser at this point. Bored and aimless speculation is better than rampant speculation that also manages to be aimless because we have no info
:061:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Bah. Was really holding out on the potential that they would show even some more new news before e3. However that schedule does pretty much confirm that the wait is all the way to e3.

D

Deleted member

Going to pray for a may reveal for more smash but expect the long, arduous wait for E3.

I would have rather not had the teaser at this point. Bored and aimless speculation is better than rampant speculation that also manages to be aimless because we have no info
Good point. Reading the pages from coming home to school is going to feel like forever.

Well the teaser was nice as well, as I guess I am more happy and hyped.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
ayyy, another june guy. i'm excited about the shiny zygarde distribution going on that month too

E3 always feels like Nintendo's birthday gift to me lmao, some years it's better than others and this sounds like it's gonna be a good one
WAIT THERE'S A SHINY ZYGARDE DISTRIBUTION HAPPENING!? I NEED SuMo NOW THEN I DID BEFORE!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the info we do have from the trailer:
  • Inklings are newcomers
    • They spread ink around the stage, have at least a splattershot and splat bombs, can transform into squids, and need to refill their ink tank
  • Mario is back
  • Link is rocking his BOTW look
This is depressingly little to go off of until E3.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
If the president of Nintendo came to you and asked you to help make a new ip. What would you do?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Well, my crew and I will be ending our last few stops during E3 so I guess my friends and I will be watching this on the road this year!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's the info we do have from the trailer:
  • Inklings are newcomers
    • They spread ink around the stage, have at least a splattershot and splat bombs, can transform into squids, and need to refill their ink tank
  • Mario is back
  • Link is rocking his BOTW look
This is depressingly little to go off of until E3.
Considering Mario and Link aren't exactly "news", the only real info we have is that BOTW is being repped, and we got squids.

...God, it hurts.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So Interesting extra detail about the E3 presentation. Everything in the presentation is coming this year. That means Smash is 100% coming this year and there is a very high chance that Pokémon is going to be locked in for this year as well.

Source (good ol' GameXplain):

Edit: Maybe even freakin' Metroid!?

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Just a reminder that the last 2 Smash Bros games were announced by name alone, and we would have to wait 1 year/2 years before we saw anything on the games.

At least the announcement for this Smash gave us a nice CG trailer with the reveal of a highly demanded newcomer, with the wait for more info being 3 months.

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Of course they are. That's why they are doing a massive smash show.
they're doin' an e3. smash is just a part of it. splatoon, pokemon, and whatever other **** they've got is gonna filter on in on the presenta-

OH GOD IT'S GONNA BE RELIANT ON TREEHOUSE ISN'T IT **** MY GODDAMN LIFE

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
they're doin' an e3. smash is just a part of it. splatoon, pokemon, and whatever other **** they've got is gonna filter on in on the presenta-

OH GOD IT'S GONNA BE RELIANT ON TREEHOUSE ISN'T IT **** MY GODDAMN LIFE
The tweet just said smash presentation followed by E3 I am fairly sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom