• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mata007

Smash Rookie
Hi,great game,but I am used to play moving caracters on buttons,not on stick.Is it possible to switch taunts with stick?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We're all lucky that the Fuzzies don't bring out the Munchies :yoshi:
I’m just glad that level doesn’t take place in real time...

Hi,great game,but I am used to play moving caracters on buttons,not on stick.Is it possible to switch taunts with stick?
Should be able to custom map your controls if you go into your controller settings

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So I heard about SNES games being leaked. Finally I hope to play Earthbound, FFV & VI, Super Mario World & Link To The Past on the big screen now. :D

Part of me hopes the original SNES Tales of Phantasia some how makes it too.

Edit: I saw the list. Okay now things are getting suspicious with MOTHER now. Earthbound is not on the datamined list despite being an obvious pick. Even F-Zero made it on there.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I heard about SNES games being leaked. Finally I hope to play Earthbound, FFV & VI, Super Mario World & Link To The Past on the big screen now. :D

Edit: I saw the list. Okay now things are getting suspicious with MOTHER now. Earthbound is not on the datamined list despite being an obvious pick. Even F-Zero made it on there.
I just checked the list.

No DKC Trilogy? Not even the first one? I am disappoint.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Keep hoping for RPGs. Only one on the list is Breath of Fire 2.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ngl looking down that SNES list it's kind of amazing how much better value a collection of SNES games feels next to NES

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

EarthBound took quite a long time to get on the VC as is. They have to relicense every new usage of it. Considering it was difficult to get the creator to agree... he might take more convincing. That or maybe they are trying something different, like a bundle with all 3 Mother games coming out. It's hard to say why. Licensing or a new idea seems most likely.

Noipoi

Howdy!
EarthBound took quite a long time to get on the VC as is. They have to relicense every new usage of it. Considering it was difficult to get the creator to agree... he might take more convincing. That or maybe they are trying something different, like a bundle with all 3 Mother games coming out. It's hard to say why. Licensing or a new idea seems most likely.
A bundle? With Mother 1, 2 and 3?

If only...

LetterO

Smash Lord
I wish I had a dollar for every Marth/Roy/Chrom/Lucina I fought. Then I'd have a pretty good income.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I just checked the list.

No DKC Trilogy? Not even the first one? I am disappoint.
It'll happen, just like it did with the Wii and Wii U, it'll just take a little bit since they have to work the rights issue out with Rare/Microsoft due to various allusions to their series and logo featured in all three games.
Keep hoping for RPGs. Only one on the list is Breath of Fire 2.
We'll definitely get Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy II (IV), and Final Fantasy III (VI) after they work out the rights with Square-Enix, probably Chrono Trigger as well.
Earthbound will also definitely appear too at some point...as well as Earthbound Beginnings on NES..no idea why Nintendo always takes forever with these games unless there still some weird rights issues holding them back..

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The list has Super Mario All Stars and Kirby's Dream Land 3, it's already much better than the SNES Classic Mini lineup.

Super Mario All Stars is important because it has the versus mode of Mario Bros 3, and it's a very simple but super fun multiplayer competitive mode.
The GBA ports had a similar mode but they used inferior physics and were less fun (they were more faithful to the original Mario Bros arcade).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait is there a rumour of Nintendo adding a bunch if SNES games to their online service? I call bull**** for 3 reasons.
1: As if Nintendo would suddenly improve it
2: As if Nintendo would choose not to dripfeed
3: Final Fantasy V is on that list? Unless it's about Japan, we never got FFV until the GBA

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wait is there a rumour of Nintendo adding a bunch if SNES games to their online service? I call bull**** for 3 reasons.
1: As if Nintendo would suddenly improve it
2: As if Nintendo would choose not to dripfeed
3: Final Fantasy V is on that list? Unless it's about Japan, we never got FFV until the GBA
It's a real datamined list. Whether/when Nintendo goes ahead with implementing it is another matter entirely, but there are now SNES ROMs in the files (and no, FFV isn't on there). Seems the kind of thing they're waiting to dump as a big groundbreaking Direct announcement.

Here's the full list:
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-ZERO
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The list has Super Mario All Stars and Kirby's Dream Land 3, it's already much better than the SNES Classic Mini lineup.

Super Mario All Stars is important because it has the versus mode of Mario Bros 3, and it's a very simple but super fun multiplayer competitive mode.
The GBA ports had a similar mode but they used inferior physics and were less fun (they were more faithful to the original Mario Bros arcade).
While there's some games on the list I would have loved on the SNES classic, the SNES classic has games I wished were on this list.

So the two are about the same for me.

I also really like Mario Bros. but the SMB3 version is the one I've played the least. Most of my time has been on the NES version with the GBA version followed second.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The lack of RPGs on that list is very glaring, the SNES was perhaps the best console for the genre, so to not even have one of Earthbound, SMRPG, FFVI, Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana is very disappointing. No DKC (1 & 2), Super Castlevania IV, Street Fighter II or ActRaiser is also pretty bad, and I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. Mega Man X I guess can be excused since it's being sold in a collection.

Hopefully they'll give us more than just the three new games a month, otherwise it's going to take forever before the service is in a good spot, the NES one still feels very lackluster.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
While there's some games on the list I would have loved on the SNES classic, the SNES classic has games I wished were on this list.

So the two are about the same for me.

I also really like Mario Bros. but the SMB3 version is the one I've played the least. Most of my time has been on the NES version with the GBA version followed second.
Mario Bros is allright, I played it a lot too, especially on GBA (to unlock all those stars on the savefile :reverse:)
Though the SMB3 version included in All Stars is different... it's a battle mode, it can be only played in multiplayer, and it goes on forever until one of the 2 players dies or collects all the coins.
Mario Bros has a multiplayer mode too, but I think the SMB3 version is simpler, faster, and overall more fun, with the addition of items such as the mushroom that swaps the characters and the hidden blocks that regenerate the POW or spawn mushrooms to create panic.
I think it's a sort of mini Smash (gameplay wise it's a lot different, but it feels similar in the fact that's a hybrid between a platformer and a fighting game).

The GBA versions added more stuff such as the ability to grab the opponents and throw them into the enemies, or to get stuck into a trash bin, or to grab the POW block, but I think that it made the game way more casual and less strategic; also the physics were slower and more awkward (the SMB3 version used SMB3's physics).

Obviously, the Battle mode was in the original SMB3 too, but it was only limited to when 2 players ended on the same tile: it was only 1 round... there were some different stages such as the one with 1 pipe at the center with flames coming out of it... yeah that mode was different too and was mainly in order to steal item cards from the other player and win additional lives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo, get Chrono Trigger on the Switch and I'll suck up whatever bull**** you throw at me.

D

Deleted member

Assuming she actually GETS AROUND to it...

Seriously, D. Gray-Man moves along at a snail's pace
I’ve only known about D. Gray Man since I saw my classmate reading it across the table, and I said, “What’s that?” (‘bout two months) but isn’t the writer in really bad health?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’ve only known about D. Gray Man since I saw my classmate reading it across the table, and I said, “What’s that?” (‘bout two months) but isn’t the writer in really bad health?
I think she's better nowadays, but still, D.Gray-Man quarterly releases nowadays (4 chapters per year), likely because of that.

Nintendo, get Chrono Trigger on the Switch and I'll suck up whatever bull**** you throw at me.
I feel like we all have one game like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think she's better nowadays, but still, D.Gray-Man quarterly releases nowadays (4 chapters per year), likely because of that.
Yeah, I was reading up on the series on TV Tropes last night coincidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom