• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of which, if Sakurai was gonna replace Black Yoshi with another Green one, it should've been one where Yoshi actually has an outfit

Nintendo forgot my boi wears clothes :yoshi:
Sometimes I unconsciously read your posts in the voice of Yoshi from the Mario World cartoon.

I just wanted to say that.

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
bayonetta's set is an incredibly bad representation of the character
...How though? Admittedly I've only played the first Bayonetta but she seems almost perfectly realized. Almost every move she has in Smash is directly pulled from her games, and the only real glaring omission to me is her torture attacks (totally understandable why they're not there). If you think she's an extremely bad representation, I'm not sure any character in Smash even hits the "barely tolerable" mark.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why Doom Slayer needs to be in Smash in a single line from the game:

"They are Rage. Brutal. Without Mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and Tear. Until it is done."

****ing most badass line in Video Game history.

Noipoi

Howdy!

"They are Rage. Brutal. Without Mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and Tear. Until it is done."

Are you kidding me? That's your most badass video game line? Please...

Observe.
pokemon-comfy-shorts-english-2.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We're 12 days into the year and for exactly half of those days i've contemplated ending it all. That's a new record.

Anyway, what's up with you guys? Slow day huh?
KH3 is happening in a few days and because of the many KH streams Ive been watching, Ive started playing Dream Drop Distance again

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm on the wayback machine, visiting old Nintendo websites from 1998. Some of you guys lived with this stuff? It's so primitive...

LetterO

Smash Lord
As I painstakingly try to get more people into Elite Smash, I discover that Lucas is very painful to fight, win or lose.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm on the wayback machine, visiting old Nintendo websites from 1998. Some of you guys lived with this stuff? It's so primitive...
xD I wish I have had the chance to live with that, but I was probably around 4 years old.

Low animation budget.
The magic of the cartoon industry of the early 90's :yoshi:
xP I honestly wish I could have watched the Mario and Zelda Cartoon from back then. xD But I mostly watched Sailor Moon and the Moomins, plus Pingu and the Nightmare Walrus.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Question to y'all who should had made the cut and why? Me.

Black Shadow - F-Zero needed more representation. Plus he's a villain which would had been welcoming.
Elma - We just need another badass female like Samus and Elma definitely fits that role.
Isaac - Just for the Golden Boy fans. They've been waiting for him just as long as the fans and I had for K. Rool. I feel it ain't fair we got him but they didn't get their character. This is the only time I feel Sakurai screwed the pooch and it felt like he trolled them because all those months of thinking he was a lock only to reveal his deconfirmation at the last minute rather then earlier saving them all the pain and salt.
Leon Powalski - I love my reptiles. That and the StarFox reps would be perfectly rounded both Fox and Falco having their rivals.
Medusa - Would had been great getting a female villain into the roster. That and I think it would had rounded out the Kid Icarus reps perfectly.
Nightmare - Not only because more villains would be fun but he'd also be the first third party villain and it'd return the favor of Link guest starring in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II especially being Namco has been working on the Smash series since the fourth game.
Krystal - The Only Star Fox Character with real potential for a 100% unique moveset
Spring Man, Wonder Red, Isaac, Alex Roivas - All first Parties from ubique enough franchises that deserve the extra attention
Shovel Knight - He’s the face of indie gaming. He’s The Only indie character to get their own Amiibo. He deserves the slot.
Geno and Banjo-Kazooie - We’ve been asking for decades
Heihachi Mishima - 2nd biggest fighting franchise, Namco needs a 2nd character
Rayman - To finally make Arty Omni happy
Vault Boy - this. https://youtu.be/1notWIDNoN8 Also works for Rayman.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Batman and Animaniacs were in the 90s and they look beautiful.

This my friend, is the magic of the Mario cartoons. the terrible, hilarious magic.
The 30s was great at least. I remember living during that...

A bit serious, a bit loopy.

As I painstakingly try to get more people into Elite Smash, I discover that Lucas is very painful to fight, win or lose.
Hated fighting him in Smash 4 for sure. What was the experience like this time?

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Krystal - The Only Star Fox Character with real potential for a 100% unique moveset.
Not true at all. Slippy could use multiple gadgets and take from Star Fox Guard. They could declone Falco and Wolf further with Star Fox Assault and Command weaponry.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

To Ridley: "YOU'RE HUGE! THAT MUST MEAN YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was 7 at the time, and I hardly ever remember that...

Probably because my parents couldn't afford a computer at the time :yoshi:
It's hilarious.

The website asked me if I was ready to see Yoshi's Story, like it would burn my eyes if I wasn't prepared for such technology. I know it looked amazing at the time, but it's funny in hindsight.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How do you make this list and not have a Rhythm Heaven character?
As much as I love Mole Mania, The Legendary Starfy, and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., I can safely say that Rhythm Heaven is the most glaring omission as far as Nintendo franchises are concerned.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I like how when I win 5 matches in a row, my GSP only rises about 200k

When I lose to a match with items on, stage hazards on, 3 minutes (nothing like my preferred rules), my GSP drops like 500k.

That is stupid. I don't care how GSP is scaled or done, it's stupid. I shouldn't be screwed over by Nintendo's bad matchmaking.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like how when I win 5 matches in a row, my GSP only rises about 200k

When I lose to a match with items on, stage hazards on, 3 minutes (nothing like my preferred rules), my GSP drops like 500k.

That is stupid. I don't care how GSP is scaled or done, it's stupid. I shouldn't be screwed over by Nintendo's bad matchmaking.
I miss For Fun/For Glory honestly.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Question to y'all who should had made the cut and why? Me.

Black Shadow - F-Zero needed more representation. Plus he's a villain which would had been welcoming.
Elma - We just need another badass female like Samus and Elma definitely fits that role.
Isaac - Just for the Golden Boy fans. They've been waiting for him just as long as the fans and I had for K. Rool. I feel it ain't fair we got him but they didn't get their character. This is the only time I feel Sakurai screwed the pooch and it felt like he trolled them because all those months of thinking he was a lock only to reveal his deconfirmation at the last minute rather then earlier saving them all the pain and salt.
Leon Powalski - I love my reptiles. That and the StarFox reps would be perfectly rounded both Fox and Falco having their rivals.
Medusa - Would had been great getting a female villain into the roster. That and I think it would had rounded out the Kid Icarus reps perfectly.
Nightmare - Not only because more villains would be fun but he'd also be the first third party villain and it'd return the favor of Link guest starring in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II especially being Namco has been working on the Smash series since the fourth game.
These were really the only ones I can think of...

Dixie Kong - A character that I'd argue, is more prominent and more well known than K. Rool is.

Bandanna Waddle Dee - Has become a mainstay in the Kirby series, as well as a fan favorite.

Rhythm Heaven Rep - A weird omission from Smash, especially assuming it's pretty successful in Japan, and Sakurai is a fan.

Steve - Minecraft is one of the most important games of the last decade, and it's already made a name for itself on worldwide appeal, appearances on Nintendo's consoles, and legacy. That, and Sakurai's a fan. Oh... Also, lot's of potential for a moveset.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Kind of annoyed that every search with the word meme (Unless you specify it) is filled with outdated top/bottom text memes that are as bland as a two-dimensional character in a Japanese visual novel.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Rosalina was a character in this game? I completely forgot about her.
Hey, did you know R.O.B. was in the game?

Some people forget about him.

Like that one guy who made that Roster Leak which didn't have him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom