• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Hey, did you know R.O.B. was in the game?

Some people forget about him.

Like that one guy who made that Roster Leak which didn't have him.
I remember R.O.B.

I just completely forgot Rosalina was even in the game. I remember mostly everyone, but Rosalina completely escaped my mind.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey, did you know R.O.B. was in the game?

Some people forget about him.

Like that one guy who made that Roster Leak which didn't have him.
Oh yeah, I remember that! Good times.

We don't get leaks like that anymore, base roster speculation is truly a wild beast.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hm, now that I think about it, maybe I would have taken a single player Smash Run in Ultimate, but perhaps with specialized labyrinths/areas based on the character you choose. Gives more bosses and enemies a chance at doing anything.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ARMS and Rhythm Heaven are the two IPs who have modern relevance who should really have characters.

If we're gonna add IPs that haven't been active in ages, add Golden Sun, The Legendary Starfy and Custom Robo.

For real though....

WHEN DO WE GET AN ARMS CHARACTER?!?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
...How though? Admittedly I've only played the first Bayonetta but she seems almost perfectly realized. Almost every move she has in Smash is directly pulled from her games, and the only real glaring omission to me is her torture attacks (totally understandable why they're not there). If you think she's an extremely bad representation, I'm not sure any character in Smash even hits the "barely tolerable" mark.
no panther/crow forms, only using madama butterfly when she has a ton of other summons that would make for infinitely more interesting attacks than just the forward smash but upwards or downwards.

you could have the panther form and the crow form act exactly the same as bayo's sspec and uspec, it just gives them extra flavor that fits her better and makes the moves like, visually interesting instead of dull as hell. bat form shouldn't even be her standard dodge and should only be there for the counter, if you wanted to keep uspec and sspec the same you could just put crow and panther onto air dodge and ground dodge. bat dodge sucks anyway so it could legitimately be an improvement

all three of bayo's smashes are functionally the same, with only the dsmash having any visual flavor. you could easily have had dsmash or usmash be hydra, gomorrah, basically any of the contract demons. again, it can functionally be the same, just with a different appearance to spice things up a bit. it isn't that difficult.

her final smash is also pretty bad, its a reference to the start of bayo2, but she loses her contract with and kills gomorrah instantly afterwards. i get you can't really do the fused summon from the ends of either game but you could at least make it one thats actually considered more impressive. even madama butterfly would have worked there since she's the one bayo usually uses during climax time

also the lack of her using any other weapons besides the guns is understandable but super disappointing

i beat both of the bayo games this week if you can't tell

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
ARMS and Rhythm Heaven are the two IPs who have modern relevance who should really have characters.

If we're gonna add IPs that haven't been active in ages, add Golden Sun, The Legendary Starfy and Custom Robo.

For real though....

Springman and a character from ARMS 3 will be the first reveals for Smash 6 on the Switch U in 2028, before E3 2028 reveals Waluigi and a Gen 11 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

For real though....

I mean Poster Boy is an assist and he and Poster Girl are Mii costumes so I guess not this round unless they consider a different character Smash-worthy

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean Poster Boy is an assist and he and Poster Girl are Mii costumes so I guess not this round unless they consider another character Smash-worthy
We're just gonna have to get ourselves a Morrigan...

TWINTELLE FOR SMASH!

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I kind of wish there was a Persona game where the final boss is a 1v1 duel that transitions between the real, and alternative world, while having the final part of the fight taking place in the former. (Sure that might break the point of the whole friendship thing, but I think it's cool)

Edit: And is not some huge monster of sorts.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
An ARMS character besides Spring Man and Ribbon Girl?

I'm gonna have to say Helix on that one

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's a direct quote from the DOOM comic.
And also a subtle reference to the "Ridley's Too Big" meme.
xP I know the """""subtle""""" ref. I am a Ridley fan, I have seen it almost daily. That's why Ridley's pissed off.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have no idea why Nintendo is so afraid of a T Rating.
They aren't afraid of a T Rating, you just don't understand the process back in the day.

E10+ wasn't even a thing until 2005, and before then everything that was rated T back then was now all of a sudden also viable for E10+. It's why the K-A rating was modified into just the straight-up E rating.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
speaking of ridley

do any of you just look at this head :ultridley: and wonder what his brain shape is because im 101% sure it isnt brain shaped

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's actually canon.
W-WOW
REALLY?!?!?!

How could I NOT have known that unless I typed it?!?!?!?!?!

the joke is that he doesn't in the games ya dingdong

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I kind of wish there was a Persona game where the final boss is a 1v1 duel that transitions between the real, and alternative world, while having the final part of the fight taking place in the former. (Sure that might break the point of the whole friendship thing, but I think it's cool)

Edit: And is not some huge monster of sorts.
But you can't summon Personas in the real world, unless something is seriously wrong (like Dark Hour).

Noipoi

Howdy!
W-WOW
REALLY?!?!?!

How could I NOT have known that unless I typed it?!?!?!?!?!

the joke is that he doesn't in the games ya dingdong
I dunno, maybe you weren't aware of the manga.

the important thing is we both learned a very valuable lesson about friendship and divorce.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's actually canon.
Dd8CNyFUwAEQuPg (1).jpg

xD Yeah, basically it is. I skipped most of the boring parts of the manga just to see him speaking things like this, and say pretty funny lines at times (unless my humor is weird).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

A good addition if you ask me :yoshi:
so like in that bottom panel is he using his one hand to point in two locations or is he using his hand in conjuction with his arrow shaped tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom