• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
"Clones could have been not clones" doesn't make much sense out of an ideal world and doesn't apply to only sword-fighters.
I never said it only applies to swordfighters, I was only sharing my thoughts on how I imagine a more interesting version of these characters.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
The Overwatch universe isn't too dark to be included either, and the Disney-Pixar like style would make it fit even more.
Though because of bias I'll say that I'd prefer the Heavy anyways

D

Deleted member

You know, it doesn't reflect well on you to block someone for having a dissenting opinion.

And that's all I'll say on the matter, I don't care who you support.
It's just the way he went about saying it. The big font wasn't nessecary.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
You know, it doesn't reflect well on you to block someone for having a dissenting opinion.

You were the one that asked, and then block them when they have an opinion that isn't yours. What a special snowflake.
it may of just been a joke

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

You're right, but I think announcing it is sillier, tbh

inb4 SE rep is tracer because SE publishes overwatch in Japan
it's happening bois

The Overwatch universe isn't too dark to be included either, and the Disney-Pixar like style would make it fit even more.
Though because of bias I'll say that I'd prefer the Heavy anyways
10/10 the Heavy would probably make me go nuts even harder just because i'd be laughing so hard that they'd do that

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I love Steam as a platform. It is a digital paradise with plenty of games and sales to make it superbly effective.

But what it did to Valve in a creative perspective? That is a whole other story...

Why make games when your monopoly platform makes more and is easier to manage?
I'm glad Epic is lighting a fire under Gabe's ass

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Umm

Hmm...

Well...

Umm...

Hmmm...

Wait I know this one..

Uh...

Its up to the viewer?

Nailed it.
I've always thought it looked like a bee or some sort of insect, at least the face.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I just cry that Mother as a series is finished and they'll never be a ''Boy I can't wait till the lead of Mother 4/5/6 gets into Smash!" situation.

I'd even take a Mother like series or experience in the form of a spiritual successor.

It's what I'd wanted from a Stranger Things video game, but instead we're apparently getting a beat em up Streets of Rage thing?

Okay then.
Yeah there was going to be that fanmade "mother 4", but last I checked it imploded on itself. There probably other games that capture part of the feel of those games, I just haven't really looked.

Man I never thought about it before, but Stranger Things has that same mystique as Earthbound in some ways. Something about a small group of suburban kids fighting against a dark and alien force. For some reason I really enjoy that dynamic, its a shame that the ST game didn't capitalize on this.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I mean to be fair there's nothing wrong with WANTING a non-video game character in Smash, but thinking there SHOULD be one or expecting one is asinine.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean to be fair there's nothing wrong with WANTING a non-video game character in Smash, but thinking there SHOULD be one or expecting one is asinine.
Thinking any character should be or "deserves" to be in always gets a "no" from me

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I just cry that Mother as a series is finished and they'll never be a ''Boy I can't wait till the lead of Mother 4/5/6 gets into Smash!" situation.

I'd even take a Mother like series or experience in the form of a spiritual successor.

It's what I'd wanted from a Stranger Things video game, but instead we're apparently getting a beat em up Streets of Rage thing?

Okay then.
Go play Lisa/Undertale, those should make you happy.

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
You want whoever you want, and that's fine. I don't personally think we'll be getting non-videogame characters any time soon. But if you're gonna get triggered then stop sharing opinions publicly

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I noticed Malos in your list of characters that will literally never happen. I haven't played through all of Xenoblade 2 yet (I think I got to the part where you awaken Roc and took a break). But I thought he was pretty cool. How would you want him to be repped as a character in smash?

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Ex
I noticed Malos in your list of characters that will literally never happen. I haven't played through all of Xenoblade 2 yet (I think I got to the part where you awaken Roc and took a break). But I thought he was pretty cool. How would you want him to be repped as a character in smash?
Explaining why would be a spoiler at this point

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's just the way he went about saying it. The big font wasn't nessecary.
Buddy, if I got blocked every time I used big font to emphasize my point, half the people in the Square Enix thread would have me blocked by now.

You asked for an opinion and he gave his. You shouldn’t just block him because he disagreed with what you wanted to here.

And you definitely shouldn’t announce that that you blocked him either.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
did you know that sakurai listens for these words to be posted somewhere in the ether and uses that as a cue to put specific characters in
we try to come up with convoluted rules and justifications for inclusions when joker was basically sakurai playing persona 5 and thinking "damn that was pretty solid, let's throw him in"

D

Deleted member

Buddy, if I got blocked every time I used big font to emphasize my point, half the people in the Square Enix thread would have me blocked by now.

You asked for an opinion and he gave his. You shouldn’t just block him because he disagreed with what you wanted to here.

And you definitely shouldn’t announce that that you blocked him either.
I never actually did, it was a joke

D

Deleted member

Hey dose anyone know how I can get the let’s go spirits without spending $120? I completed all the challenges but they weren’t there

What do I do?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
we try to come up with convoluted rules and justifications for inclusions when joker was basically sakurai playing persona 5 and thinking "damn that was pretty solid, let's throw him in"
Nintendo and Sakurai sat around a TV one day with some chips and soda and stuff and marathoned video games and that's how they made their selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom