• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I like that, regardless of how bad all these tier lists are, most of them don't have a specific type of character at the top. Like, Smash 4 was dominated by fast characters with hard to gimp recoveries that can combo you to death or carry you to the top, it was boring and it favored a specific type of playstyle. Now we have all kinds of characters being called broken.
im still waiting for the ganon top tier dream
Well that's the beginnings of all games. Once people start to agree on what sucks and what doesn't, tier lists will start to normalize.

Remember top tier Bowser and camp god Duck Hunt during Smash 4 days.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm positive it'll happen eventually, it's just about finding the right moment and method (regular localization vs remake), it's one of those Nintendo have on the backburner for when they need the hype.

Half Life 3 is just straight up never happening, and it has less to do with it having been so long and more to do with the state of Valve.
I love Steam as a platform. It is a digital paradise with plenty of games and sales to make it superbly effective.

But what it did to Valve in a creative perspective? That is a whole other story...

Why make games when your monopoly platform makes more and is easier to manage?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A Mother 3 western release will happen for sure, no matter how long it takes.

Nintendo is outright teasing and trolling fans about it, doesn’t mean it’ll happen soon but they’re listening.

Pakky

Smash Hero
We've seen that they can add spirits in the timed events. If anything, I'm betting Sylux will be added in a Metroid-themed one for Prime 4's release and Porky will be added in a 'Year of the Pig' event.

Damn that's good. Bravo

have a cute baby as a gift :D

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Komoriki's tier list. No order within a tier:
Marth, the nerfs have finally got to him. Look at how they massacred my boy.
This tier list makes me raise a few eyebrows. Namely, stuff like Bowser Jr. being as a high as he is, Marth being as low as he is, and Isabelle being as high as she is really goes against the general consensus in the Western community. Perhaps differences in the way the scenes are developing?

Although, I'm not going to complain about Ivysaur being high tier.

D

Deleted member

I see people were talking about Mother 3.

Look, I know people want Porky, but consider the following:

Kumatora-Kevin-Fagaragan.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just realized that Link, Young Link, and Toon Link are basically just me, myself, and I
Aren't they three different people?

This tier list makes me raise a few eyebrows. Namely, stuff like Bowser Jr. being as a high as he is, Marth being as low as he is, and Isabelle being as high as she is really goes against the general consensus in the Western community. Perhaps differences in the way the scenes are developing?

Although, I'm not going to complain about Ivysaur being high tier.
Not anything new, wasn't Duck Hunt in Smash 4 considered a higher tier character in Japan compared to West?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I feel like we do most wanted characters really often, but what else is there to discuss, so here goes:

Banjo-Kazooie - Spiral Mountain stage (could be cool if it's the top of the mountain with the bridge leading to Grunty's Lair)
Shantae - Scuttle Town stage (could be a flat wraparound stage)
Bonk - Stegosaurus' Back stage
Glover - Atlantis stage
Cuphead - Inkwell Isles stage
Agumon - Internet stage (potential Diaboromon hazard?)
Spyro - maybe Ripto's Arena stage
Rayman - Glade of Dreams stage (although, I would prefer Castle Rock)

I know it's more than 4, but these are just all the characters I can think of right now that I want, not who I expect.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m still miffed that Duster didn’t get an AT.

Earthbound Party
Ness - Playable
Paula & Poo - Final Smash
Jeff - AT

Mother 3 Party
Lucas - Playable
Kumatora & Boney - Final Smash
Duster - Spirit...

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
>July Nintendo Direct
>Nintendo releases Mother Collection featuring the 3 games for the Switch

We need Duster in Smash in some way. We got the entire Earthbound gang in, but only 3/4 of the Mother 3 gang. And only spirits for the Mother 1 gang

Pakky

Smash Hero
>July Nintendo Direct
>Nintendo releases Mother Collection featuring the 3 games for the Switch

We need Duster in Smash in some way. We got the entire Earthbound gang in, but only 3/4 of the Mother 3 gang. And only spirits for the Mother 1 gang
He's a spooky spirit

D

Deleted member

I'd argue that Kumatora's appearance in Lucas' final smash deconfirms any chances of her, but then Robin's final smash happened...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd argue that Kumatora's appearance in Lucas' final smash deconfirms any chances of her, but then Robin's final smash happened...
Robin's final smash is also asset reuse while Chrom is an echo.
In Lucas/Ness's case his was adding something that straight up wasn't there before.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Why are we talking about Earthbound/Mother?
Because this year is the 30th Anniversary of the series, and also the year of the Pig, which reminds us of Porky.

Also because Lucas ripped off her moveset, leaving only PK Ground for her.

D

Deleted member

Earthbound N. Sane Trilogy, but instead of a 3D remake it is one in the style of Warioland The Shake Dimension.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Well that was embarrasing.

View attachment 186284
Oh man, I don't know that much about Killer Instinct, but Fulgore seems like a pretty cool character. Damn, great list!!

This isn't a critique at all, I'm just curious: Would Travis be another sword style user? Or does he have range attacks?

I just watched Ninja Gaiden gameplay and I'm worried he doesn't have much to separate himself from the FE characters. How do you think he'd be implemented uniquely?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel like we do most wanted characters really often, but what else is there to discuss, so here goes:

Banjo-Kazooie - Spiral Mountain stage (could be cool if it's the top of the mountain with the bridge leading to Grunty's Lair)
Shantae - Scuttle Town stage (could be a flat wraparound stage)
Bonk - Stegosaurus' Back stage
Glover - Atlantis stage
Cuphead - Inkwell Isles stage
Agumon - Internet stage (potential Diaboromon hazard?)
Spyro - maybe Ripto's Arena stage
Rayman - Glade of Dreams stage (although, I would prefer Castle Rock)

I know it's more than 4, but these are just all the characters I can think of right now that I want, not who I expect.
For Spyro I think Dream Weavers as a stage would be super cool, it's visually pretty unique, and you can have the cannon as a stage hazard which would turn fighters small/big if it hits.

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
sounds like shedinja or pichu lol
Shedinja would actually be really cool, and I actually had an idea for how shedinja could work.

So Shedinja's main gimmick in Pokémon is that it only has 1 HP, but only super-effective moves hit it. It also has a large open crack in its shell on its back.

So what if it's really, really easily launched, but it can only be hit from behind?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
There are a lot of potential Mother newcomers if Nintendo decides to include a new one:

Ninten - Mother 1
Giegue/Giygas - Mother 1/Earthbound
Porky - Earthbound/Mother 3
Masked Man - Mother 3
Kumatora - Mother 3
Duster - Mother 3

Masked Man is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom