• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well considering how much stuff we throw at the wall, chances are one of it's gonna stick.
Hopefully someone bloody and or rippling with muscle.

Beefy boys are so good in this game.

:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu:

Then again little babies never get old.
:ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff: :ultkirby:All good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Devils Never Cry is the trashiest, edgiest song I've ever heard a videogame use for its opening.

And it's the best.
Dude.
Dude
Capcom had a ****ing CONTROVERSY with how trashy and edgy Subhuman was. It took a trailer at the Game Awards for it so sound remotely good. And LittleVMills' cover but that's a different story
So you'll make him have a bad tim-*gets shot*

I wonder how fan reaction will be like if we only get guests. I mean, outside of internet forums.
Outside of internet forums? "Oh cool they put that guy in!/Oh cool that guy looks cool!"

Pakky

Smash Hero
I've never played Star Tropics but I wouldn't mind that ginger with the bananas.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dude.
Dude
Capcom had a ****ing CONTROVERSY with how trashy and edgy Subhuman was. It took a trailer at the Game Awards for it so sound remotely good. And LittleVMills' cover but that's a different story
No, no, no, the controversy surrounding SubHuman is double-ended.
1. I really don't have to say this but sounds... awful. Even in comparison to songs like Devils Never Cry and Shall Never Surrender, it's slower, louder, intelligible, and oddly enough, screamier.

2. And more importantly, the vocalist got into some hot water involving girls that were minors so the fanbase wasn't so happy about that. That's probably the main reason they got the new vocalist.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
No, no, no, the controversy surrounding SubHuman is double-ended.
1. I really don't have to say this but sounds... awful. Even in comparison to songs like Devils Never Cry and Shall Never Surrender, it's slower, louder, intelligible, and oddly enough, screamier.

2. And more importantly, the vocalist got into some hot water involving girls that were minors so the fanbase wasn't so happy about that. That's probably the main reason they got the new vocalist.
On top of that, the song apparently confused the Dante of DMCV (original Dante) with the Dante of DmC: Devil May Cry (Donte), as the writing of the song fits the edgier version of the character in DmC, and definitely not the goofy original version. So the band couldn't even get the character right. Who knows how Capcom let that happen.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what's better this or how fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov is the ultimate lurker
Why did you tag me in this?

I've never played Star Tropics but I wouldn't mind that ginger with the bananas.
Mike Jones?

Also, on the note of "random obscure names which will likely never get in," I'd like to submit Glover
Who'd actually be really cool and have a unique moveset involving both a separate ball and Glover himself, and having different movement and handling based on whether they are independent of the ball or not

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You know, I think if Tales of is going to get a character, which if you ask me it should for Namco, my money is on Yuri more so than Lloyd.
I honestly think the same here: while I don't mind Lloyd and wouldn't be angry if he was included, I just personally prefer Yuri.

I would love to see Yuri Lowell in Smash. I think it’s likelier than a lot of people believe too!
That's the thing: I really do feel Yuri is a lot more likely than most would think despite what's been going on with the codename stuff.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So while we’re talking about out wanted newcomers again, what stages and songs do you want to come with them? (You don’t have to list a ton of songs, a few you really want is fine.)
for Sans the stage is the place you battle Sans if you're on the genocide route and the Sans battle music and the Toriels house soundtrack

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Actually, little game for you all

Pick 3 of any of the following systems, and then pick a truly obscure character from a game series from each of those systems. (Isaac and Geno are both too relevant and recognizable, for reference.) They are now added to Smash Ultimate.

Systems:
  • NES/Famicom
  • SNES/Super Famicom
  • Satellaview
  • Virtual Boy
  • Game Boy
  • Game Boy Color
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • SG-1000/SG-3000/SG-1000 II/Mark II
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo Gamecube
  • PlayStation 1
  • PlayStation 2
  • MSX
  • Xbox
  • Atari 2600
  • Commodore 64
  • Atari Jaguar
Who would you all add?

Personally, I'd go for Bonk (NES), Glover (N64), and NiGHTS (Sega Saturn).

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
So while we’re talking about out wanted newcomers again, what stages and songs do you want to come with them? (You don’t have to list a ton of songs, a few you really want is fine.)

Let’s get a Agumon with a Digimon stage just of music from the original movie. Smash absolutely needs

1. One Week, Barenaked Ladies
2. All Star, Smashmouth
3. Rockafeller Skank, Fatboy Slim
4. Kids in America, LEN
5. The Impression I Get, Mighty Mighty Bosstones
6. All My Friends are Metalheads, Less than Jake

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
1-Reimu: Maiden´s capriccio, The ground´s color is yellow, Love coloured Master Spark, Magus night. I have too many to say, but lets stick with these ones.
2-Sora: Rowdy rumble, Dearly beloved, L'oscurita dell'ignoto.
3-Doomslayer: The classic Doom Theme, plus the new version.
4-Shantae: Dance through the danger. I love this theme so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom