• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Been testing :ultgnw: and he is broken as hell. He can spike, has insane recovery, and judge is broken.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
He thinks K.Rool is top tier so he's gonna die a lot

Speaking of top tier or whatever, my friends loathe the Belmonts as all I do is chuck axes at them while they cower in fear. How do I explain that the axe in't OP to them because "Just rush at me when you see him get his throwing arm ready" doesn't seem to work
chuck axes at them irl

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman

Speaking of top tier or whatever, my friends loathe the Belmonts as all I do is chuck axes at them while they cower in fear. How do I explain that the axe in't OP to them because "Just rush at me when you see him get his throwing arm ready" doesn't seem to work
I relate to this so much.

D

Deleted member

I've seen the fanart of Pikachu Libre that started coming out in droves after E3
Let's just say I've had a complete change of heart about her
Ok he may not be top top tier but he's hella good, especially for a heavyweight

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

whip them irl

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
We better get like at least 20 or 30 Persona tracks with Joker. Chances are not, but getting Castlevania treatment again would be great

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I mean, she’s one of the few echoes that pretty much has no changes from the original character besides aesthetics. Even Dark Pit and Pit have more differences than Peach and Daisy (gameplay wise).

They could’ve gotten away with changing a few of her move properties and still be called an echo (Ken is a great example of this).
I thought we were talking about appearance wise throughout games oof, not smash bros.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've seen the fanart of Pikachu Libre that started coming out in droves after E3
Let's just say I've had a complete change of heart about her

Ok he may not be top top tier but he's hella good, especially for a heavyweight
He is terrible lmao. What does he even beat? Zoners beat him, rushdown beats him, grapplers bypass his gimmick, his only boon is he's heavy as **** and has stupid good vertical recovery

D

Deleted member

He is terrible lmao. What does he even beat? Zoners beat him, rushdown beats him, grapplers bypass his gimmick, his only boon is he's heavy as **** and has stupid good vertical recovery
I think you just need to watch this

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Well, this is the moment, it's a make or break for the Nintendo Direct. Yes, I know i'm overhyping it up myself, but weren't we told that directs are usually announced 1 day back? It could be announced in 48 minutes.

I've noticed peoples jumped the gun by saying no direct this month, after the trailer of Yoshi and Kirby...Just because there are trailers for them doesn't mean it will stop the direct from coming. It has to happen this month, they cant just say it immediately. We can say it if theres no direct this month, but for now, we can wait. I don't expect a Smash announcement in a direct though, it's a bit too early. Maybe very shortly to say the exact release date, but there's no way other than that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
We better get like at least 20 or 30 Persona tracks with Joker. Chances are not, but getting Castlevania treatment again would be great
yes hello sir thank you for waiting here's your Life Will Change (Instrumental) and Mementos (Loop)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Which logically means that this guy's gotten even better at playing as K. Rool since then

nani?!
Or it means it was back when people didn't know **** about the game or how to do anything well so a character with armour excells at that point in the game. See Little Mac in 4.

Weegee is a plagiarist and a ****head to boot who abuses refund systems

D

Deleted member

Or it means it was back when people didn't know **** about the game or how to do anything well so a character with armour excells at that point in the game. See Little Mac in 4.

I guess you're right on the first thing

And maybe on the second thing too... I do like Weegee's sense of humor.
Introspecktive is best SmashTuber 4Ever tho lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Aren't Weegee and Alpharad part of the same group or something? He seems to appear in Alpha's videos a lot.

Having said that he seem to have quite the ego for a YouTuber. I remember listening to his "making of" video and it was just some guy patting himself on the back about his YouTube money. 401ks and retirement plans be damned, apparently.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Aren't Weegee and Alpharad part of the same group or something? He seems to appear in Alpha's videos a lot.

Having said that he seem to have quite the ego for a YouTuber. I remember listening to his "making of" video and it was just some guy patting himself on the back about his YouTube money. 401ks and retirement plans be damned, apparently.
Yeah they're friends and friends often defend their ****ty behaivior.

And yeah he brags about not finishing high school for youtube

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah they're friends and friends often defend their ****ty behaivior.

And yeah he brags about not finishing high school for youtube
No doubt that convinced someone to do the same. Drop out of high school and hope you get lucky in a very unstable industry!

Remember kids you need at least high school to survive. Hell we're approaching a time we'll need college to do that at this rate.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
How about we don't suggest cutting characters in any capacity before I cut someone?
People are too upset they could only talk about cuts for 3 months before their wildest fantasies were taken away from them in June.

Such a breath of fresh air to not have people cutting 2-3 game veterans for asinine reasons that don't actually exist.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
If you guys could swap the positions of: 1 Playable Character, 1 Assist Trophy and 1 Spirit. Who would you guys change?
Get rid of a koopaling
Make Nintendog an spirit
Maybe give us Knuckles or Captain Rainbow, plenty of good choices there

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had a random thought for DLC outside of the 6 we've got coming.

Zelda and Sheik as a combo character, using their Ocarina designs but are otherwise the same as they are seperate (minus the Down B attacks)

Would that work or do you think it'd be a waste of time?

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I had a random thought for DLC outside of the 6 we've got coming.

Zelda and Sheik as a combo character, using their Ocarina designs but are otherwise the same as they are seperate (minus the Down B attacks)

Would that work or do you think it'd be a waste of time?
Probably a waste because we already have those characters separate. I don't think they'll do it for the same reasons why you can't play solo Charizard anymore (RIP Boulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom