• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm starting to have doubts about Erdrick. It might have been his redesign version at first, but new data suggests he's the chibi version, and now the sliding stuff is starting to open up to the possibility of it being a Slime instead. I was getting excited for his inclusion, but I guess we'll have to stick with Slime.
While I think Verge is right about there being an SE rep I do think he’s wrong about who they are.
What I’m saying is I’m gonna ****ing laugh when it’s Agnes instead.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Has verge said a specific character? Aside from that though I would like Agnes I really dont think the Bravely Default series really has enough clout to be pushed over DQ

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What I’m saying is I’m gonna ****ing laugh when it’s Agnes instead.
Agnes?

Untitled.png

now im mad because this is the very last post on this page and now nobody will see my 2 minutes of work

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm starting to have doubts about Erdrick. It might have been his redesign version at first, but new data suggests he's the chibi version, and now the sliding stuff is starting to open up to the possibility of it being a Slime instead. I was getting excited for his inclusion, but I guess we'll have to stick with Slime.
Nah, the dataminer "mizumi" says not to take the sizes as law. They're modifiers of a character's model so without that, the "true" height isn't actually known.

I quote:
"the height/size is irrelevant as it changes the size of the character's MODEL and we cant tell how tall or short they are IN GAME since we dont have the MODEL or BONESET."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>make OC creation
>be last post of page so now nobody will ever see it

1500355895194.png

This is clearly your fault Idon Idon

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Nah, the dataminer "mizumi" says not to take the sizes as law. They're modifiers of a character's model so without that, the "true" height isn't actually known.

I quote:
"the height/size is irrelevant as it changes the size of the character's MODEL and we cant tell how tall or short they are IN GAME since we dont have the MODEL or BONESET."
There's still the manner of movement though. Doesn't the sliding thing suggest it's not a character with feet?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
>make OC creation
>be last post of page so now nobody will ever see it

View attachment 186174

This is clearly your fault Idon Idon
Oh boo-hoo. I made one of Idon a while back and a whopping zero people reacted to it.

Or maybe it was just so lousy a post, it didn't warrant attention of any kind. I'm tempted to delete that post (something I have yet to do on this site since I've committed to my comments) :<

I saw your post, but it's more like Agn-YES :v

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
isnt Sora first and formost a SE character? Last Ive seen, he didnt belong to Disney. Who is he owned by?
WHO ARE HIS PARENTS?
Sora, and all original Kingdom Hearts content, is 100% owned by Disney, this is why any figures or Merch not made by Square-Enix (like their Play Arts line) has the Square-Enix logo removed from the Kingdom Hearts logo (which usually features both Disney & Square-Enix over it), as shown here..

Okay SmashWiki, whatever you want your world to be.
Wow, what a LUCKY GUESS Vergeben has made.
Never said Vergeben was guessing, what I said is we need to stop treating his word as Gospel. Just like with the Gematsu leak, its likely he had early insider information, since its possible they had entertained the idea of Minecraft and hadn't decided on a Sun/Moon Pokémon akin to how Gematsu said Chrom & Chorus Kids were in, which we know Chrom was initially chosen and evidence shows Chorus Kids, or at least a Rhythm Heaven rep, was possibly entertained as well.
I'm also simply saying that OTHER games he's leaked correctly have also had misinformation, particularly in regards to what their DLC would be, so he's not infallible. Acting like everything he says is 100% Accurate is akin to how people acted like Gematsu was 100% accurate.

I swear though, one person says 'maybe Vergeben isn't right about everything' and you guys become self-righteous jerks..

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My process so far.

Survived::ultkirby:

Who I've saved::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkrool::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzss:

Still have to save::ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultluigi::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultsonic::ultwario::ultyounglink::ultzelda:

Not gonna count :ultmiifighters:although I've gotten Brawler and Gunner.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
There's still the manner of movement though. Doesn't the sliding thing suggest it's not a character with feet?
I'd say it suggests someone who isn't as well trained so they can't deal with the shift in their momentum when they suddenly turn while running yet, producing a slide. Could possibly indicate it's a normally slower person going at a speed they normally don't move at, or possibly a younger one with less control.

Sliding in those scenarios would make sense imo as the person wouldn't know how to or be able to handle their stored momentum during the turn.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
And then it ends up that they're all playable as Koopaling-style alts with a moveset consisting of different moves from different classes and that's what 'Brave' actually is lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, what did i miss? Im kinda lost at this DLC character stats thing...
Character parameters have been datamined so we got a general feel of what the characters feel like.

Joker's pretty quick, kinda heavy, has small quick jumps.
PP's pretty weird, but surprisingly fast, with HUGE jumps.
Brave's in the middle of the road, but kinda heavy and has a greater than average skid.

At least if I remember correctly.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'd say it suggests someone who isn't as well trained so they can't deal with the shift in their momentum when they suddenly turn while running yet, producing a slide. Could possibly indicate it's a normally slower person going at a speed they normally don't move at, or possibly a younger one with less control.

Sliding in those scenarios would make sense imo as the person wouldn't know how to or be able to handle their stored momentum during the turn.
Oh, no wonder I misinterpreted. Your explanation sheds some light on it. I can see that being the case. I'd ask if Erdrick or any of the Bravely Default characters are known for being a bit on the "clumsy" side in terms of movement, but Sakurai doesn't necessarily keep speed accurate to characters at times.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And then it ends up that they're all playable as Koopaling-style alts with a moveset consisting of different moves from different classes and that's what 'Brave' actually is lol
ideal scenario tbh, especially since they're all the same ingame and can all take the same jobs

I just took a look at the video of Ike with Brave's parameters, anyhow. The sliding is interesting - if the skidding's that big, then I'm leaning towards OG Erdrick (being an inexperienced kid who still stumbles and slides a bit in the vein of Toon Link), or someone slightly clumsy and inelegant like Agnes.

D

Deleted member

Sora, and all original Kingdom Hearts content, is 100% owned by Disney, this is why any figures or Merch not made by Square-Enix (like their Play Arts line) has the Square-Enix logo removed from the Kingdom Hearts logo (which usually features both Disney & Square-Enix over it), as shown here..
This Sora figurine...

I'm calling the ****ing police.

hi hello why.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What is the whole thing about sliding? Is it an attack or normal movement? Loads of characters slide while doing an attack.
How much they continue slipping forwards after they stop moving. Brave slides a lot, which seems weird if it's the tall, stocky SNES Erdrick (the male/female design that gets passed around the most).

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
At this point, I just want to know all the DLC characters and stages so I could reorient them by series in paint.NET (can't afford Photoshop), like how it was in past Smash games, rather than the weird one they currently have where reveal order determines their position on the stage / character select screen.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
What is the whole thing about sliding? Is it an attack or normal movement? Loads of characters slide while doing an attack.
its nothing
Litrally every videogame character slides even villager

There is no key to discovering a character due to the sliding thing lol

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Brave is kinda floaty and slippery with the sliding. I would say Reimu has a chance, but the codename is not that related. I mean, she is brave, but... it´s not something she is known for.

D

Deleted member

The slide isn't necessarily a slide though. It just shows a difficulty in stopping their run and it could have a special animation like Villager does.

Anyways
>Brave=Hero
>Small
>Atlus content already in the game
>Sakurai's an EO fan
They're in boys, pack it up
etrian-odyssey-x_2018-05-01_002.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, if we're going full Crackpot Theory™ here over sliding stats, Agnes is consistently portrayed as a scatterbrained idiot with zero sense of direction and no experience in the world. Give her something akin to Peach's running animation and Brave's sliding properties and you've basically captured her clumsiness with movement alone.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've been absent for a few days (...playing... runescape...) and came back just to check on the "Brave" discourse

I can't wait to either pull the geno-dab gif back out when I'm right about it not being a DQ character in the slightest, or receive low tier taunting when I'm wrong

(Spoiler: I'm always right, at least 75% of the way, at least half of the time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom