• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm still the most like user?

I...don't know how I held the title for so long. I'm barely on here anymore.

That aside, people with DOOM experience, is it possible to create a Doomguy moveset without the use of guns?
Most of DOOMguy's guns are not realistic.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That list seems legit and there isn’t 1 new interesting character among them, : /

Here’s hoping there’s a second dlc pass..
Take a shot every time someone says this. Take another when someone tries to pass off their opinion as fact.

I should really make a Smashboards drinking game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In promotional material (commercials, boxart, etc.), yes. In the games he looks the same as the U.S. versions for the most part.
All the more reason it isn't an issue. That kind of stuff happens all the time(Kirby is another example, as they tried to make him far more "hardcore" for the US audience). The in-game stuff is the same. If anything, it could slightly affect the trailer's animation style.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Discriminating minorities is the one that crosses the line

You know what I know **** all about what he can actually do so can anyone convince me to get hyped at the possibility
Nice DOA5 combo concepts. These could work for a more complete moveset. He's got the obvious good mobility, a wall jump and even perhaps a wall cling. Going of off what I remember from the early games, he could climb walls as well, but I don't think that would be used.

He does have other weapons available, also looking at items from the early games, such as shurikens and the fire wheel. I still doubt he would only use his Dragon Sword, but I'll check out some more info.

Also, the music. NG has really good music.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Can the Smash team please make it so my GSP isn't lowered if I'm put into a game that doesn't match my preferred ruleset? I really would not want my GSP to plummet 500K because I was put into a 2 stock items match.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I have to wonder how people would be taking this DLC if Sakurai didn't say we're only getting 5?
Probably way better.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Take a shot every time someone says this. Take another when someone tries to pass off their opinion as fact.

I should really make a Smashboards drinking game.
You trying to kill us off with alcohol poisoning?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have to wonder how people would be taking this DLC if Sakurai didn't say we're only getting 5?
Probably way better.
Well, he didn't really say that in particular. He just said the Season's Pass contains 5 characters, 5 stages, a Mii costume, and I think that was it.

He never said other DLC is impossible. Implied at best. PP also proves that DLC besides the Fighter's Pass is very possible. Not that likely for characters, but Mii Costumes are pretty expected.

D

Deleted member

Why is everyone ****ting on my ninja gaiden boi? :drflip: There's a difference between simple and uninteresting.
Ey man, I ain't hating, I just don't care about Ninja Gaiden. He could be any other ninja character and it wouldn't make much of a difference to me.

And yeah, I get that his games give him lots of moveset potential and all that, but it just isn't comparable to the other DLC bois imo. Tho Joker's pretty close to his position in terms of my personal disinterest.

I'm just happy for the fans of the characters if it isn't my fandom, and if the character is fun to play as (which is more important than fandom stuff anyway), I'll play 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
In terms of "uninteresting" I think Hayabusa would be one of them.

But as for the rest I just can't help but disagree.

Even Steve, who I wanted the least out of anything out there. But since I've specifically singling him out during speculation I can't in good faith call him "uninteresting". lol

That said, yes, a second pass would be wonderful. That said, I doubt it'll happen.
I’m sure they will play just fine but as for the actual character/fan part all of them are just so uninteresting, Hell piranha plant is a terrible choice but I bet he will be fun to play. I harbor no joy or curiosity for any of them at all. Microsoft could have had banjo or master chief over empty steve, square could have had Sora or sephiroth or even Geno vs elrich, and the other 3 could be other far more popular characters. This lot is just a bore but at least theres plenty of cool characters in the base game.

I also doubt a character pass s2 is coming but I do hope it happens.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
More technically speaking, Sonic games aren’t representative of platformers in the same way Mario games are, they’re in a rather distinct niche. Classic Sonic shares it with some only kind of similar indie games, but Modern Sonic is in a very unique niche.
unique repping makes Sanic more special
Are there still that many Sonic stuff on the internet? I feel like it peaked during 2000s.

When you said it like that, I really don't know any other platformer that switches between 3D and 2D.
There still is...Sonic memes and other stuff are now 0.1% less horny and 9001% more cheesy

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Then why'd you buy the game? :smirk:
You mean the DLCs.
I haven't, I'll most probably wait until all 5 are revealed. If all are good, I'll buy. If not, I'll pick.
If Goemon gets in however, I'll buy whatever Nintendo throws at me X)

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Well, he didn't really say that in particular. He just said the Season's Pass contains 5 characters, 5 stages, a Mii costume, and I think that was it.

He never said other DLC is impossible. Implied at best. PP also proves that DLC besides the Fighter's Pass is very possible. Not that likely for characters, but Mii Costumes are pretty expected.
excited for the banjo and porky mii costumes

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
excited for the banjo and porky mii costumes
Odd part is, Porky doesn't seem like a likely Mii Costume. It'd only capture his face, but not what is most important, how his Mech is, which is a big part of his playstyle/notability. Of course, if they can make the Mii costume still have part of the mech, basically looking like a Transformer almost, then sweet. Banjo & Kazooie feels likely for that if they're not playable. It's a pretty nice consolation prize if they can't make it in as playable. It's still nice acknowledgement, and a costume thing was done in Minecraft as well(hell, Master Chief's first official Nintendo appearance is a costume for Steve).

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
is that literally how they made crash look in the japanese version
From what I looked up, its how he looked on Box Arts, in Promos, etc but the in-game model was the same as always..that said, I thought they changed his in-game model for N-Sane Trilogy since they changed his appearance on the box..but they didn't..Weird.
Still makes me wonder if Sakurai would go with the more well known Japanese design there or stick to the in-game Western design were Crash included.
If it's not Goemon, then it's not that interesting to me.
Sorry to say, but I doubt Goemon will ever appear in Super Smash Bros. He's not a hugely popular character/series, especially in the West, regardless of how fun the game are and Konami has much more popular characters to choose from that resonate in both Japan and the West, such as the already included Snake and Castlevania reps. Were another Konami character to be considered for Smash DLC in Fighter Pass 1, it would have been between Raiden, Bomberman, and Alucard, meaning one of the latter two wouldn't have been assists (perhaps with Goemon taking their place as an Assist).

I mean absolutely no offense to Goemon, as his games are great, but the lack of popularity compared to other Konami franchises, I think he'd sadly be passed over in favor of one of them.
Odd part is, Porky doesn't seem like a likely Mii Costume. It'd only capture his face, but not what is most important, how his Mech is, which is a big part of his playstyle/notability. Of course, if they can make the Mii costume still have part of the mech, basically looking like a Transformer almost, then sweet. Banjo & Kazooie feels likely for that if they're not playable. It's a pretty nice consolation prize if they can't make it in as playable. It's still nice acknowledgement, and a costume thing was done in Minecraft as well(hell, Master Chief's first official Nintendo appearance is a costume for Steve).
It could honestly just be Porky's appearance at the beginning of EarthBound.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t believe I’m saying this but, why are people believeing this leak in particular. Most leaks in the past have been fake, Verge is the only one who’s gotten anything right in the past.

I admit, I’m doubting it because I don’t want it to be real. But I’m just surprised so many people are just buying this one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can’t believe I’m saying this but, why are people believeing this leak in particular. Most leaks in the past have been fake, Verge is the only one who’s gotten anything right in the past.

I admit, I’m doubting it because I don’t want it to be real. But I’m just surprised so many people are just buying this one.
Erdrick is absolutely real and there are some interesting details that would add credibility. Obviously it's not clear whether it's legit or not but as for me, I'm speaking purely hypothetically even if I'd admittedly be a bit bummed if it was fake

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hey everyone just stopping by after a trip to everyone's favorite Loz18 fansite Smash Wiki. Wasn't it cool how Sakurai said he showed off the entire Roster and yet Skull Kid was STILL in the base game playable? Or how Vergeben was proven wrong every time, Grinch leak was true too and everyone whos maining incineroar were all proven to be suffering from collcetive delusions? good times right? /s

Seriously someone explain to me how so many ****ing idiots edit/moderate/administrate that site and how they all got their heads shoved up their asses even until today.

Edit: Poe's Law.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok.

Tomorrow is my second Christmas day.
I plan to post on Smashboards all the things i got after opening all.

Curious to see what i get this year.

D

Deleted member

My own stances are from a what-if perspective mainly. I don't really think it's actually true either.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Hey everyone just stopping by after a trip to everyone's favorite Loz18 fansite Smash Wiki. Wasn't it cool how Sakurai said he showed off the entire Roster and yet Skull Kid was STILL in the base game playable? Or how Vergeben was proven wrong every time, Grinch leak was true too and everyone whos maining incineroar were all proven to be suffering from collcetive delusions? good times right? /s

Seriously someone explain to me how so many ****ing idiots edit/moderate/administrate that site and how they all got their heads shoved up their ***** even until today.

gettin too angry at a fan wiki dude

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I believe it’s real because it’s the bad ending like Incineroar/ken (and a plant lol) were the bad ending. Reality tends to have the bad ending so it’s better just to believe that so people can move on from hope and enjoy the base game we have

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It's taken more seriously because

1) Leak culture in Japan isn't the same as overseas where they're a dime a dozen. That doesn't mean it's any more credible, it just means that it warrants a deeper look.

2) It hasn't swung out yet. Granted, Joker had already been revealed and Erdrick was the most likely pick. Where it gets credibility is that it mentions Erdrick and Luminary, names which Vergeben has stated he's heard nigh inseparably whenever they came up. The datamine referring to their class and not their character is raising a few eyebrows. But that's all.

3) It's just bonkers. Steve is a safe pick, Ryu Hayabusa less so, but Doom Marine is a spit take. Not only that, but the fact that they specifically state Doom Marine is just odd enough to make it noteworthy. I'm not sure if Marine is the localization because honestly Doom is barely a footnote in Japan. Still, the fact that such a bizarre character could be on this list (combined with Bethesda's cryptic "Oh yeah!" in response to Smash talks) is what's making it so hot.

4) The amount of super secret club fanfiction is pretty low. They just state that Steve was planned but pushed back for marketing purposes and Erdrick is part of a larger plan to push DQ in the west. That's feasible for someone to piece together without insider knowledge, given that Vergeben has been talking about Minecraft content forever.

5) Nobody has come out against it yet. Vergeben hasn't really addressed it to my knowledge other than "Yeah Erdrick and Luminary are what I've heard." GameXplain is split, and there is a bit of misinformation but nothing too severe. People pass around Screen Rant having a "proven tipster" but that could literally just mean "somebody found this link and showed it to us." It doesn't mean an insider contact. I haven't checked ResetERA because that would mean I'd have to browse ResetERA. If anyone knows somebody who's provided any counterpoints, please do post them so we can clear that up.
There you go.

D

Deleted member

I think most people are talking about it hypothetically. For me I could maybe see it being real but I’m leaning towards fake.

D

Deleted member

Seriously someone explain to me how so many ****ing idiots edit/moderate/administrate that site and how they all got their heads shoved up their ***** even until today.

Which Smash Wiki is this?

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
I personally think the leak is 100% fake. The dude from Doom is way too terrifying to be in a children’s game.
He was in the leak, right? I haven’t checked in a while.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I believe it’s real because it’s the bad ending like Incineroar/ken (and a plant lol) were the bad ending. Reality tends to have the bad ending so it’s better just to believe that so people can move on from hope and enjoy the base game we have
>5 Third Party characters representing popular and historic series
>"Bad ending"

Say it with me everyone:
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad
I personally think the leak is 100% fake. The dude from Doom is way too terrifying to be in a children’s game.
You do realize this is a game where a homicidal flying dragon/lizard thing can fight against giant darkness monsters, Satan with wings, or literal ****ing Dracula who transforms into a demon, right?

This game also has an official trailer where, you know, said homicidal flying dragon/lizard thing crushes Mario's skull and impales Mega Man.

I think Doom Guy is fine.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Are you saying The Messiah of Smash Wiki Loz18, blessed be his name, wasn't right? And that Vergeben -SPITS- that evil german whos wrong about everything forever is legitimate? Smash Wiki might burn you at the stake for suggesting that..

But in all seriousness we all haven't learned from the Grinch Leak and we will never learn.

D

Deleted member

Doomguy isn’t scary.

HDoom however, is the real horror of the Doom franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm psychic.

When the Grinch leak showed up, my first thought was "it's fake". It wasn't just a lucky guess, it's totally my psychic ability.

When the list with Steve, Hayabusa and Doomguy showed up my first thought was "it's fake". Considering we have established that i'm psychic, you can all stop discussing this leak now. Cuz i'm totally psychic.

I offer palm readings and fortune telling services.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Are you saying The Messiah of Smash Wiki Loz18, blessed be his name, wasn't right? And that Vergeben -SPITS- that evil german whos wrong about everything forever is legitimate? Smash Wiki might burn you at the stake for suggesting that..

But in all seriousness we all haven't learned from the Grinch Leak and we will never learn.
what the **** are you even talking about at this point dude. chill out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom