• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
If those DLC character rumors are real... oh man. I don't feel for any of the characters. At all.

D

Deleted member

If I had complete control over this DLC, the remaining 4 would be:

DLC #2: Octolings
DLC #3: Crono
DLC #4: Yuri Lowell
DLC #5: Dr. Eggman

That'd get a nice 11/10 for me with Joker and :ultpiranha: included.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I had complete control over this DLC, the remaining 4 would be:

DLC #2: Octolings
DLC #3: Crono
DLC #4: Yuri Lowell
DLC #5: Dr. Eggman

That'd get a nice 11/10 for me with Joker and :ultpiranha: included.
>if i had control it'd be an 11/10 to me

i mean yeah thats how it works unless you just want to put in things you dont like

D

Deleted member

>if i had control it'd be an 11/10 to me

i mean yeah thats how it works unless you just want to put in things you dont like
TBH it'd be 12/10 if we could get Katamari Prince in there too, but alas, there's only 4 spots left.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Are we listing out our dream DLC rosters?
  1. Dovahkiin
  2. Tails
  3. ...
  4. ...
...yeah, I really would take literally anyone after those two. I honestly can't even consider a character I'd be even slightly anti if I got the two of them in.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Full DLC control?
-Banjo
-Crash
-Sora
-...You know I can’t really think of another well known 3rd Party series that appeared on Nintendo system and isn’t in Smash in any capacity. (Fighter, AT, Spirit)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix Wright

Yeah that's it. Crash, Master Chief, Sora, Lara Croft, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Heihachi, and Sub-Zero would be dope.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Full DLC control?
-Banjo
-Crash
-Sora
-...You know I can’t really think of another well known 3rd Party series that appeared on Nintendo system and isn’t in Smash in any capacity. (Fighter, AT, Spirit)
dawg how tf you gonna forget ryu hayabusa and bill rizer

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well of this supposed leaked list:

Joker is the WTF one
Steve is on Incinaroar's level in that the character doesnt' really excite me but has potential
Ryu Hyabusa is the Retro pick
Erdrick is the one I have no clue about
and Doom Guy will make a friend of mine very happy.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Full DLC control?
-Banjo
-Crash
-Sora
Layton? Phoenix? Handheld bros!

D

Deleted member

Oh, uh, opinions on that supposed roster
Erdrick: Pretty cool. Hope they use his SNES adult design with the less neon colour palette.
Ryu: Great choice. One of the last big NES icons that’s still kicking. Hope he has both his designs as alts.
Steve: Definitely not my cup of tea, but I can tolerate it if he has a really cool moveset and this would open the door for other Microsoft characters. If this leak manages to be real, I wonder how he’ll animate.
Doomguy: Hell yeah. Hope his classic design is an alt at least, maybe have his HUD icon be his face like the OG Doom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
hey thread should i wait a bit to use my gift card money or should i use it to get bayo 1+2 now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hey thread should i wait a bit to use my gift card money or should i use it to get bayo 1+2 now
if you can buy any game you want now just use it unless you didnt buy the fighters pass

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If the whole DLC list is 3rd Party (and not the ones you’ve all been discussing, because I confidently believe it’s fake), I will still consider it honestly hilarious if people are upset because “they aren’t connected to Nintendo”.

If you’re going to cite that as a problem, consider the business prospects of bringing these characters in for relationship building (P5R and DQXI coming to Switch, those two can drum up interest) and how Sakurai has already stated in the past that appearances on Nintendo consoles isn’t the most important thingwhen considering characters.

I would believe the leak more if the person had a verifiable identity and credibility, or if something other than what we’ve heard from other leakers gets confirmed. But really, even Vergeben hasn’t heard that Doomguy and Steve are for sure in, and Verg was the first to openly state Steve.

That in itself is a strange disconnect. Either one of the sources involved is lying, or it’s fake.

To me, it’s far more likely fake and that Steve isn’t going to be DLC.

One last thing, but I find it hypocritical with some fans that “nostalgia” isn’t enough to get a character in, but then cite their “nostalgia” for the characters they want. That’s not how that works.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way, I finally got to the Top 100 most liked users...

View attachment 185693
Listen, you’re all gonna be siting here, thinking you’re safe, that no mere peasant could surpass you in likes. When BAM. Yours truly shows up. You’ll never see it coming.
Onereasonanddone is always Number One baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I use to be up there in the liked users. I don't know where I'm at anymore. Let me check.

Wait? !

I'm in the top 20?!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that the top two are Swamp and Gwen.

Such a contrast in personalities.

Swamp is like your brother who is also a good friend and you love him for it.

Gwen is your drunk Aunt who shows up late to Christmas with gifts from the pharmacy down the road and a bottle of Colt 45 in her purse but you love her for it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I have an Xbox one and Playstation 3. Games I play are Elder Scrolls, Halo, Fallout, etc. JRPGs are really obscure to most people. Not sure of the value of adding non-Nintendo JPRG characters.

I doubt it. Most people who play Minecraft don't know who Steve is. Steve got HUGE backlash when he was first announced on this board by all Smash fans. Similar, the backlash against him on youtube and twitter is high. If Steve was a wanted character, why didn't he place in the Smash poll?

Frankly, a Minecraft level would be enough to please the fans. I am surprised Nintendo just doesn't do a Minecraft Avatar as the character (similar to Villager or Robin).
I'm sure plenty of people have buried this one but I couldn't help myself here.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with that first remark other than the genres that you play. If JRPGs are so obscure, then why did Persona 5 sell 2.2 million units as of May 2018? Why are Persona, Dragon Quest, Tales of, and Final Fantasy massive multi-media franchises with anime series, books, movies, conventions, radio dramas, amusement park attractions, spin-offs galore, etc. Most of this stuff reaches the west as well just so you know; JRPGS are far from "really obscure."

Your second statement is redundant because Steve is the Minecraft avatar, and only shows your ignorance with this topic. You also can't deny the massive amount of Minecraft merchandise that Steve is on. People would recognize him.

Ultimately, it comes down to my age old statement.

Say it with me everyone: Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that other people do.
The characters that I want polled well in the Smash polls. Most of these characters were NOT even in the top 50 of the Smash poll. If Nintendo would pick characters off their polls, people would be happy. They did that with KRool and Ridley and it made everyone happy. Why do a poll and ignore it?
Two words.

Smash. Bubble.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love that the top two are Swamp and Gwen.

Such a contrast in personalities.

Swamp is like your brother who is also a good friend and you love him for it.

Gwen is your drunk Aunt who shows up late to Christmas with gifts from the pharmacy down the rode and a bottle of Colt 45 in her purse but you love her for it.
****ing ouch man I have a very strict no booze protocol that people tried to pressure me to break on new years. And I am VERY generous thank you very much. Your present is going from 20 euros to 20 cents. Enjoy gumballs kiddo
Nay thou.
Nah I don't **** with dead people. They remind me of my ****head dad too much

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Pretty sure it's a Japanese law that Dragon Quest games can't be released on a weekday for this very reason.

Dragon Quest is that big of a ****in deal there that they have a law for it...

It's probably about time it got a character in Smash. I just hope they can manage to bring more FF content with them.
The Dragon Quest law is an urban myth.

The truth behind it is that the devs felt bad after Dragon Quest 3 for, in their own words, "creating a national crisis" (see my Square Enix character argument for source). I think the truth here is better lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom