• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From what I hear there is but because one song seemingly got scrapped late in development, the game's waiting for you to have that scrapped song too which is. You know, kinda impossible
I heard there wasn't any in the code at all. Though there is one unobtainable song: the original Ground Theme from SMB3.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard there wasn't any in the code at all. Though there is one unobtainable song: the original Ground Theme from SMB3.
Then it's probably that then lol my bad
Swiggity swag, what's happening lads?
The usual, me having the tough job to put people in their place for whatever reason before we started talking about scrapped/considered characters

D

Deleted member

Inspired by a conversation on the Ultimate thread, i will share the intros of all the cartoons that i remember from my childhood, without taking in mind their quality.

Since we were talking before about stuff from our childhood, i decided to post the intros of the cartoons that i remember from my younger age.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So apparently i'm in the top 100 most liked users, ain't that special?

Those anime posters probably helped. I'm making a third one by the way, not now though. In like, six months.

D

Deleted member

Those anime posters probably helped. I'm making a third one by the way, not now though. In like, six months.
Cool.

I wonder if i will get in this time.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

So you seem to be good
I am at that, thanks. but if I may ask, did you get a milestone achievement? or anything that says you've completed it?
Google says 1034, that seems way off. The data miners list says 873, that's falling 3 short. This is confusing.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

100! I thought you were the top one.
Which one is the one I should pay attention to? The one in the sound menu, or the one in the statistics?
Hmm, now although I was specifically talking music. Maybe the 1034 included voices too?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I am at that, thanks. but if I may ask, did you get a milestone achievement? or anything that says you've completed it?
Google says 1034, that seems way off. The data miners list says 873, that's falling 3 short. This is confusing.
The 1034 number includes things like fanfares and whatnot. It's not just music tracks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We were talking about how awesome Caeda would be as a playable character.

Well, I was, at least. :p
Caeda would make me return on my "I want Fire Emblem characters from new ones" principle, she's great.

Also, this isn't the best way of saying it but sorry for acting like a huge douche yesterday. I have no excuse.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The 1034 number includes things like fanfares and whatnot. It's not just music tracks.
That must be it, thanks. All is left is to figure the total music pieces number. Opening treasure boxes in New Game+ still gives rewards, some were music pieces, but I guess they're repeats. Haven't double checked on that though.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
well duh...because Sonic covers memes and the internet as a whole
More technically speaking, Sonic games aren’t representative of platformers in the same way Mario games are, they’re in a rather distinct niche. Classic Sonic shares it with some only kind of similar indie games, but Modern Sonic is in a very unique niche.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Caeda would make me return on my "I want Fire Emblem characters from new ones" principle, she's great.

Also, this isn't the best way of saying it but sorry for acting like a huge douche yesterday. I have no excuse.
Did something happen while I was asleep or something?
More technically speaking, Sonic games aren’t representative of platformers in the same way Mario games are, they’re in a rather distinct niche. Classic Sonic shares it with some only kind of similar indie games, but Modern Sonic is in a very unique niche.
Ehhhh it's not that modern Sonic is niche, it's that Sega doesn't really know what to do sometimes

osby

Smash Obsessed
well duh...because Sonic covers memes and the internet as a whole
Are there still that many Sonic stuff on the internet? I feel like it peaked during 2000s.

When you said it like that, I really don't know any other platformer that switches between 3D and 2D.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Eh, it's fine. Happens to the best of us, y'know?

Anywho here's my old Caeda moveset.
Jab: Caeda strikes twice with her spear and then twirls it.
Dash Attack: Caeda performs an aerial corkscrew into the opponent.
Side Tilt: Caeda swings the Wing Spear downward from overhead.
Up Tilt: Caeda's pegasus bumps her upward off its back while she holds her spear skyward.
Down Tilt: Caeda's pegasus flaps its wings downward, with each up and down movement causing minor damage.

Side Smash: Caeda's pegasus charges forward with Caeda's Wing Spear held outward.
Up Smash: Caeda's pegasus faces toward the screen and bucks its back legs upward.
Down Smash: Caeda's pegasus rears up and stomps its hooves, bringing down its wings for a two-part smash attack.

Neutral Aerial: Caeda's pegasus does a quick midair somersault, doing minor damage.
Forward Aerial: Caeda lunges forward with her Wing Spear, doing heavy damage.
Back Aerial: Caeda turns her pegasus around to strike the opponent with a backhanded spear attack.
Up Aerial: Caeda raises her lance and twirls it in a helicopter spin. A multihit move.
Down Aerial: Caeda's pegasus kicks its hooves downwards, potentially causing a meteor effect.

Grab and Pummel: Caeda's pegasus bites onto the opponent while Caeda strikes them with her Wing Spear for a pummel.
Forward Throw: Caeda's pegasus charges into them, sending them flying.
Back Throw: Caeda whistles, making her pegasus swing its head, tossing the foe backward before bucking them with its back hooves.
Up Throw: Caeda scoops the foe up with her Wing Spear and stabs them as they're sent skyward.
Down Throw: Caeda's pegasus "counts" on the foe several times before stomping on them.

Neutral Special: Armorcrusher - In Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Caeda was given a signature weapon, the Wing Spear. Like the rapier, this was effective against heavily armored units and units on horseback. In Smash, this translates to her Neutral Special. In this chargeable attack, Caeda's pegasus flies backwards into the air, preparing to charge, before rushing forward and downward with Caeda's Wing Spear extended. This not only does heavy shield damage, but it also breaks through any enemy super armor when fully charged. However, the charging animation leaves Caeda vulnerable to attack. This move is named after a lance skill from Shadows of Valentia.

Side Special: Tempest Lance - Based on a skill for the Steel Lance from Shadows of Valentia, this attack involves Caeda drawing her lance and holding it outward. From its tip shoot a gust of razor wind similar to Mega Man's Air Shooter. A multihit projectile that travels horizontally with a maximum range of roughly the length of half of Final Destination. Like Greninja's Water Shuriken, it carries the opponent within it until it reaches its maximum range.

Up Special: Wings of Talys - This move has Caeda's pegasus perform a rising corkscrew attack before then gliding diagonally downward in the direction Caeda is facing. A simple recovery that can also be used as an attack.

Down Special: Hit and Run - Once again, this is named after a lance skill found in a Shadows of Valentia, though it is also a very common skill for flying units in Fire Emblem Heroes. In this attack, Caeda does a quick burst maneuver in which her pegasus flies at the opponent before making an immediate u-turn. This makes it an effective get-off-me tool on land. In the air, however, this attack gains a minor homing effect and can double as an offensive horizontal recovery. She will strike the foe before rushing back in the direction she came from, making this quite a potent edge guarding tool, further establishing Caeda's aerial dominance.

Final Smash: Queen of the Skies - Caeda breaks open the Smash Ball and is then capable of free, uninterrupted flight. She can charge into her foes for damage, similar to Super Sonic, but she can also toss spears toward the ground beneath her with the the attack button. Caeda also is much more durable while this move is being performed. After a set amount of time, the move ends.

Entrance Animation:
Caeda flies in on her pegasus as it rears up and whinnies.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Caeda raises her lance and says "Throw down your weapon!"
Side Taunt: Caeda pets the head of her pegasus as it whinnies.
Down Taunt: Caeda tosses her hair back and says "What a shame."

Victory Animations:
Victory 1: Caeda flies in on her pegasus and says "A lovely battle."
Victory 2: Caeda brushes her pegasus as a small bird lands on her finger.
Victory 3: Caeda leaps from her pegasus and twirls her Wing Spear, saying "Don't underestimate me!"

Victory VS Marth: Victory Pose 3, except she says "I hope I didn't hurt you too badly" before smiling.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Ended up having rather spontaneous screenshot filter experimentation moment during a Spirit Battle. Here's a couple favorites of mine, which show just how nifty the filters are:

Green: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwKtMgtVYAA4awG.jpg
Black and white: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwKtkoVV4AALb-K.jpg
Two-tone: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwKtMgcVYAAih4x.jpg
YR you wake up and see this first thing: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwKtZk5VAAAmg-P.jpg

Probably going to try some out with Ike later, since his counter is also super flashy.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Ehhhh it's not that modern Sonic is niche, it's that Sega doesn't really know what to do sometimes
I'm not saying it's niche, I'm saying it's in a unique niche in a gameplay sense. What other games can you think of that play similarly to it?

When you said it like that, I really don't know any other platformer that switches between 3D and 2D.
Excluding games that have 2D and 3D in separate levels, as well as more gimmicky things like the majority of Super Paper Mario, I can think of, like, uh, Castle of Illusion HD? The way Modern Sonic flows between 2D and 3D when played well is very distinctive, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not saying it's niche, I'm saying it's in a unique niche in a gameplay sense. What other games can you think of that play similarly to it?

Excluding games that have 2D and 3D in separate levels, as well as more gimmicky things like the majority of Super Paper Mario, I can think of, like, uh, Castle of Illusion HD? The way Modern Sonic flows between 2D and 3D when played well is very distinctive, though.
Ah, my bad. Although I don't know if niche is the best word to describe that. Wouldn't 'unique' work?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, my bad. Although I don't know if niche is the best word to describe that. Wouldn't 'unique' work?
I mean it can be used both ways. It's just the difference between having a niche (offering something nothing else does, securing your place in an ecosystem) and being niche (only appealing to a smaller demographic niche).

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see any reason to believe the full set that includes Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, and DOOM Marine.
Erdrick definitely. Can't reasonably be denied at this point.

But the leak with the other three doesn't really have much going for it EXCEPT Erdrick....and that isn't a strong point by itself....
If that was the one that claimed a GrandBlue fighting game was in development, then there'd be something to make it worth looking into, but that was a DIFFERENT leak that happened to be from the same site like when 4chan gets them a dime a dozen with varying content.
I agree completely, yet we have idiots on here saying “CONGRATULATIONS” *inserts picture of group*

I actually want those characters, but I’m not an idiot who believes everything on the internet haha.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
apparently you can counter jigglypuff's sing

how come i never knew about this :drshrug:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Will be super interesting to see how this one turns out as well :)

Man it's super easy. You just pull out a nice big cup of coffee when they sing and boom, countered.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
He won't get here until I play Persona 5.

Sorry, that's just how it is.
Ouch, I really wanted to play as him in this decade. sorry

So, reacting to kinetic movement isn't different to reacting to sound? Wow, it's almost like both of them are matter waves! sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom