• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That Joker part legit could have been taken out of an actual direct for all I know. I can hear the translator dude saying it in my head.
Well duh, it's because it's legit. Smh you guys never believe my leaks

Shroob

Sup?
Glad you all came to the conclusion that Brave meant Erdrick without me, because as someone who's waist deep in gacha game hell, whenever one of these games use 'Brave' in a character's name, it's always 100% a Dragon Quest 3 reference.

D

Deleted member

If this is Erdrick in some way, y'all better be ready for certain people to say "Nintendo supports anti-gay nationalists" and try to connect dots 'cause of Sugiyama. :dazwa:

In all seriousness, though, this can easily be a Bravely Default character. In Japan, they still call Bravely the same name, "ブレイブリーデフォルト" so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Then again, it could be someone else. I'm just glad that it's only just one character. I swear to Christ if I see a specific name and my scarlet dandelion leaked out, I'll be really happy, yet really sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

R208

Smash Cadet
Brave, huh? Same thing as bravery. What's a synonym for bravery?

Determination.

I think we all know what THAT means. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

If this is Erdrick in some way, y'all better be ready for certain people to say "Nintendo supports anti-gay nationalists" and try to connect dots 'cause of Sugiyama. :dazwa:
How about you, you know, don't throw gasoline on the fire?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Just saying, Grovyle's pretty brave.

I mean, he hears "Hey, if you go through with this you literally stop existing" and he doesn't care.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that 9696 is 6969 but backwards.
So prepare for the moment we arrive to that page.

But enough of that... Have more Eight at ya!

Shroob

Sup?
I'd post references of some Gacha games using 'Brave' for Dragon Quest references, but they're usually based on the Dragon Quest 3 Female Warrior armor, which is pretty nsfw all things considered.

D

Deleted member

Weren't there rumors a few weeks ago about Erdrick/Luminary being the DQ rep? What's causing them to surface again? Anything concrete?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah let's not use the term "brave" in terms of character actions, please.
Most protagonists are "brave" in the general sense of the word, but clearly as it is a codename for a character, the character would obviously be directly tied to that word in some way.
Because everyone else is doing it:
Oooh,

so close.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd post references of some Gacha games using 'Brave' for Dragon Quest references, but they're usually based on the Dragon Quest 3 Female Warrior armor, which is pretty nsfw all things considered.
I was about to say I'd post Brave Elizabeth from FGO but I'd probably get infracted for it.

D

Deleted member

Yeah let's not use the term "brave" in terms of character actions, please.
Most protagonists are "brave" in the general sense of the word, but clearly as it is a codename for a character, the character would obviously be directly tied to that word in some way.

Oooh,

so close.
Missed by that much.

D

Deleted member

How about you, you know, don't throw gasoline on the fire?
Hey man, I'm calling it out and preppin' for the moment. Cause you know its gonna happen, we've been through two instances.

Gotta beat 'em journalists to the punch. :dazwa:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
An ode to leaks:

Nothing in Smash Bros causes more talk
for some to rejoice and other balk
this event causes all to speak
for this is what one calls a leak

They can be real: they can be fake
Intentional or a mistake
Names for leaks help easily
Ask the Grinch or the ESRB

For these photos or data mines
Can cause a debate not quite divine
Many defend, others attack
With stuff like photoshopped Little Macs

Although leaks may cause harm, it's true
They make Ultimate more interesting for a day or two
So let's raise a cheer, either bold or meek
For the one and only Smash Bros leak

Iridium

Smash Hero
Because everyone else is doing it:
One post too late, unfortunately. I even had my soundtrack...

But seriously, if Erdrick isn't that character, I'm changing my avatar to CD-i Ganon for a month. Betting it all for nothing here.

Hoping no one takes this seriously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo don gon leaked stuff through a datamine again?

Erdrick confirmed? To the surprise of no one at this point. :V

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, Ringabel, AT or character, here's why I want them:

Ringabel is tied to a specific class: the Dark Knight its been around since like FF2 though

Call it a spoiler, but considering Sakurai spoiled about 85% of Xenoblade, I really don't care that much either considering Sakurai would likely do it again.

I know Bravely's gimmick is the ability to change to any class you want on the dime, but if they can't incorporate them all into a single moveset, why not convert it into a single class unit that's uniquely unique or whatever?

Dark Knight is basically :ultlucario:'s aura and :ultpichu:'s self harm mixed into a bundle of the utlimate glass cannon.

To use special abilities, you have to sacrifice HP in order to deal damage, but the more HP you sacrifice, the more damage you do overall. The strongest attack is "Minus Strike", which is basically you get hit at 999%, consider yourself also receiving 999% when it lands. There's also ranged attacks like Dark/Black Bane and Dark Nebula. The most move with the most potential IMO is the "Life or Death" skill, where your stats are boosted by 1.5x, but you ****ing die after a few turns. In Smash terms, I'd say you either die or you take serious % damage (at least 300).

Ringabel's a pipe dream if Brave refers to Bravely, but I think it's fairly possible since Ringabel himself is kind of like the Sans kind of character? But you also have the big three bois that are Agnes, Tiz, and Edea (who Edea herself can take moves from the Templar and Swordmaster classes because lore). However, I am in strong belief that if he isn't a character, he could easily be the Assist Trophy since the Dark Bane and Minus Strike moves are pretty great for an Assist Trophies that actually dishes back for damaging it.

D

Deleted member

Hey man, I'm calling it out and preppin' for the moment. Cause you know its gonna happen, we've been through two instances.

Gotta beat 'em journalists to the punch. :dazwa:
I don't wanna see you whining when people start discussing this again in... *looks at clockless wrist* 5 minutes

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You literally just put what I said but worded differently.
Well, I was more trying to say that the Direct stated that the 5 characters on the fighters' pass wouldn't be echoes, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be echoes outside of it.

Hopefully, anyways.

D

Deleted member

>Vergeben claimed that the Square list was made to distract people from leaking the real character
>Dragon Quest is likely.
>Insiders refer to the character as “Hero” many times.
>DQ8 was kind of popular in the West.
>Eight or Hero fits the stats of “Brave” and the information that we know.
>DQXI allows you to wear Eight’s clothes.
>DQ8 got ported on 3DS, with good reception.

I’m just saying, that i wouldn’t mind anyone who considered Eight likely.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I don't wanna see you whining when people start discussing this again in... *looks at clockless wrist* 5 minutes
"Oh hey, did anybody see the Smash tour bus? It proves the Grinch leak!"
(gets quickly debunked)

Shroob

Sup?
230px-Warrior3female.png

A lot of anime, manga and other **** consider this armor to be "Brave" armor, and it gets referenced all the damn time. Dragon Quest 3 is really 'the' DQ.

D

Deleted member

(gets quickly debunked)
"Hey guys, don't think anyone has seen this yet but the game might have just leaked"
*Posts link to the Grinch leak*

D

Deleted member

Oi now, you can't just pull out a wrist without a clock.

Should've pulled out a clock without a wrist.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nintendo did this **** again?

Literally Ryu 2.0.
You would think they'd just call it "DLC Fighter 1, DLC Fighter 2, etc etc"
Like what's the point of a codename if it blatantly implies who the real name is?

Methinks Sakurai has been playing too much Persona 5.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo did this **** again?

Literally Ryu 2.0.
The update that makes PP playable will have data for fighters named "DLC03", "DLC04", and "DLC05". We somehow still find out who they are by seeing how they're balanced.

Iridium

Smash Hero
One post too late, unfortunately. I even had my soundtrack...

But seriously, if Erdrick isn't that character, I'm changing my avatar to CD-i Ganon for a month. Betting it all for nothing here.
Actually, a Bubsy 3D avatar then. I despise that more.

What happens, happens. Someone tag me about this post if everything goes wrong.

Also hoping no one takes this seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom