• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Until I can learn about what "medium" fighters mean, I'm on the bench between DQ and Bravely because their models are pretty similar if you're going to base it off of small Erdrick.

View attachment 185423View attachment 185424

(comparing Erdrick and Ringabel)

1.) Sauce for such a mighty claim
2.) Prove Erdrick is a Brave Class
>ringabel
no idea what you mean friend, that's just a simple alternis dim

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Until I can learn about what "medium" fighters mean, I'm on the bench between DQ and Bravely because their models are pretty similar if you're going to base it off of small Erdrick.

View attachment 185423View attachment 185424

(comparing Erdrick and Ringabel)

1.) Sauce for such a mighty claim
2.) Prove Erdrick is a Brave Class
Um...

That's not Erdrick. That's his descendant from Dragon Quest 1...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, I honestly feel "meh"on Erdrick if he's really going to be the next character as I haven't played a Dragon Quest game before and I'm not sure what he could do, although if he at least has magic and stuff, that'd be pretty interesting.

As for my previous comments on this being Yuri, those can simply be disregarded.
Then there’s no better time to play a Dragon Quest game, my dude.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
your right, Here is Ringabel
View attachment 185429
No, that's the 1st game render.
I posted the 2nd game render. :p

Mighty saucy, my friend.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm enjoying the fact that we're all talking past each other here.

"He's small!"
"He's the same size as Joker!"
"He's a heavyweight!"
"He's light!"

...so essentially we're looking at numbers and just making things up.

I've come to terms with the fact that we're obviously getting something from another JRPG, but that doesn't mean I have to buy it. There is everything going for Dragon Quest, plus that one fake leak that made up a reason for DQ getting in (so it'll get popular in America) that sounds precisely like the executive decision that they'd make to put it in. Congrats to the people who are excited, but I'm still holding onto my money.

I am liking that the name didn't get leaked, but only a codeword though.

D

Deleted member

"After what happened with Ryu and Roy, there's no way Nintendo would ever do something like that again."
Nintendo: "OH BOY HERE I GO PATCHING IN UNREVEALED CONTENT AGAIN"
Nintendo: "They think we won't ever do such a thing again so they'll never look into the files, we're geniuses!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
...so essentially we're looking at numbers and just making things up.
Dude, I already made the comparisons.

Brave's speed is two digits away from Squirtle's speed
Brave's weight is closest to Snake (of available raw data, four digits)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ok i see now that the original character file is called 'brave' - straight english word, no translation, while piranha plant has his japanese name

bear in mind i'm super biased towards one side here so yeah

but why would the character be called 'brave' instead of the original japanese 'yuusha' like piranha plant if that's the codename (Erdrick/Hero's class), especially when bravely default also includes the word and ingame term 'brave' in original Japanese (and so would make more sense for the Japanese dev team to nab as a codeword)?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm honestly unsure of I would have interest in Dragon Quest, but that's just me. And yeah, I know I should try it before making my final judgments, but still.
Well do you like rpgs? If you don’t you probably won’t enjoy Dragon Quest honestly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I almost always do, but I still don't know if I would have interest in it.
Well if you like rpgs you need to play atleast 1 Dragon Quest.

ok i see now that the original character file is called 'brave' - straight english word, no translation, while piranha plant has his japanese name

but why would the character be called 'brave' instead of the original japanese 'yuusha' like piranha plant if that's the codename (Erdrick/Hero's class), especially when bravely default also includes the word and ingame term 'brave' in original Japanese (and so would make more sense for the Japanese dev team to nab as a codeword)?
Agnés is coming to Smash!

D

Deleted member

This whole thing explains why every insider jumped on the Erdrick train after that not!4chan "leak". It was likely just an excuse to justify seeing Erdrick as right as they didn't want to talk about the datamine.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm a toss up between DQ and Bravely because when it comes to Square Enix, and the shockingly similar proportions (to old DQ), it's one or the other for me.
So if you excuse me,

RINGABEL GAAAAAANGGGG

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm a toss up between DQ and Bravely because when it comes to Square Enix, and the shockingly similar proportions (to old DQ), it's one or the other for me.
So if you excuse me,

RINGABEL GAAAAAANGGGG
WE'RE GOING SEXY

KingBroly

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

Whether it's DQ or Bravely, I'm good either way: Both franchises are ones I wanna try out at some point, so getting a character from one of them in Smash would be pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So if you excuse me,

RINGABEL GAAAAAANGGGG
Ringabel definitely won’t be the character they add if it’s Bravely Default that gets one lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ringabel definitely won’t be the character they add if it’s Bravely Default that gets one lol
i mean we all know it'd be tiz :^)

Maybe so, maybe not. But he's definitely Assist Trophy material if not a fighter. I predicted Guile, so trust me, I know my crystal ball. :091:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
i mean we all know it'd be tiz :^)

Maybe so, maybe not. But he's definitely Assist Trophy material if not a fighter. I predicted Guile, so trust me, I know my crystal ball. :091:
I think Agnés makes the most sense since both games revolve around her.

Potato_

Smash Lord

I get your point, and if it isn't DQ then it's most likely Bravley Default but I'm really thinking it's DQ here due to everything pointing at it.

As for why they chose the Japanese name for Piranha Plant when both Joker and "Brave" are in English, your guess is as good as mine.

Vergeben has lost some credibility, honestly. Doomguy, really? A far step beyond Bayonetta if he is.
I don't think he agrees with the leak as a whole, just that he agrees with the Erdrick part and due to it matching that he's keeping his eye on it. Like he said, he's heard strong rumors for both Erdrick in Smash AND the DQ remakes coming, which this leak calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom