• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Late but if we're considering cuts, I would say at the bare minimum there should be one rep from each series repped in Smash (preferably the most iconic characters like Marth over Roy or Kirby over Dedede). Then decide which ones should have more from there

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Really at this point, I'd rather guys be revamped rather than cut.

But..:ultchrom: is too good, go away >:O

D

Deleted member

Really at this point, I'd rather guys be revamped rather than cut.

But..:ultchrom: is too good, go away >:O
Imagine having a recovery that isn't guaranteed to make it back to the ledge at all times

This meme was made by Jump Art gang

D

Deleted member

The next Smash game will be a 3D reboot that plays like a fusion between Pokken Tournament and Dissida Final Fantasy. :troll:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Late but if we're considering cuts, I would say at the bare minimum there should be one rep from each series repped in Smash (preferably the most iconic). Then decide which ones should have more from there
I was going to try to do that, but then it came down to minor characters like Olimar and R.O.B. vs huge characters like Ryu and Cloud and I just couldn't keep those little guys in. (R.O.B. was a very painful cut.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>get on youtube
>check my feed
>everything is :4wendy:

1530414388448.png

I don't get it and I don't like it

Bionichute

Smash Champion
blocked content is completely useless for information lol, just ignore anything youtubers have to say about leaks

Pakky

Smash Hero
blocked content is completely useless for information lol, just ignore anything youtubers have to say about leaks
Yeah after Joker stole the leak scene's bull, the only 'real' thing to look at is that stuff from the data mine.

Man he's really warmed my heart, haha.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isn't TheBitBlock the same guy that threw a hissy fit about JRPG characters IIRC?

Hmm, wonder what he thought of Joker's reveal.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Every week we talk about cuts.

i'm just enjoying everyone is here until 2028 comes and 70% of the roster is gone.
Yeah, Ultimate is going to live on forever.

Melee's only stuck around because of its dedicated competitive scene, but that's a ticking clock due to both the scene aging out over time (it'll lose more players over time than it'll gain), as well as the hardware simply running out (the demand for nothing but CRT's and unmodified consoles and controllers means that, unless the scene relents and allows alternative hardware, its resources are finite).

Meanwhile, Ultimate is the game that's going to have at least 80 characters, over 100 stages, and hundreds of Spirits across both World of Light and the Spirit Board. It may be lacking content in some other areas, but just having that many characters and stages means it'll forever be a peak in the series, and doesn't need a competitive scene to sustain its lifespan. Future Smash games are going to be a reboot with way less characters, and should still be exciting and fantastic games, but they'll never have all the characters that Ultimate does.

No game is going to be able to compare to that. Ultimate as it is almost didn't happen, since the third-party negotiations were trouble for certain characters, apparently. But Sakurai and co. put in the effort, and now we can have Cloud vs. Snake in a Nintendo game. That's definitely not going to happen in any future Smash game.

Smash 64 is the original, Melee made a huge impact, Brawl has SSE and a bunch of cool features, Smash 4 made some great changes and additions, but overall, in a few generations they'll all just be entries in a series with little incentive for people who didn't grow up with them to go back and play them.

Ultimate will forever stand as the game with the most characters, the most stages, decent single-player content, and overall a fantastic level of polish and attention to detail. Even if future installments offer more exciting and substantial features, better gameplay, or even crazier crossovers, there will always be a reason for people to check out Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Ultimate is going to live on forever.

Melee's only stuck around because of its dedicated competitive scene, but that's a ticking clock due to both the scene aging out over time (it'll lose more players over time than it'll gain), as well as the hardware simply running out (the demand for nothing but CRT's and unmodified consoles and controllers means that, unless the scene relents and allows alternative hardware, its resources are finite).

Meanwhile, Ultimate is the game that's going to have at least 80 characters, over 100 stages, and hundreds of Spirits across both World of Light and the Spirit Board. It may be lacking content in some other areas, but just having that many characters and stages means it'll forever be a peak in the series, and doesn't need a competitive scene to sustain its lifespan. Future Smash games are going to be a reboot with way less characters, and should still be exciting and fantastic games, but they'll never have all the characters that Ultimate does.

No game is going to be able to compare to that. Ultimate as it is almost didn't happen, since the third-party negotiations were trouble for certain characters, apparently. But Sakurai and co. put in the effort, and now we can have Cloud vs. Snake in a Nintendo game. That's definitely not going to happen in any future Smash game.

Smash 64 is the original, Melee made a huge impact, Brawl has SSE and a bunch of cool features, Smash 4 made some great changes and additions, but overall, in a few generations they'll all just be entries in a series with little incentive for people who didn't grow up with them to go back and play them.

Ultimate will forever stand as the game with the most characters, the most stages, decent single-player content, and overall a fantastic level of polish and attention to detail. Even if future installments offer more exciting and substantial features, better gameplay, or even crazier crossovers, there will always be a reason for people to check out Ultimate.
Pretty much my exact thoughts. Legends never die, and Smash Ultimate is a legend.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi:
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario::ultlittlemac:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultpalutena:
:ultmarth::ultike::ultchrom::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultolimar:
:ultrob::ultfox::ultfalco::ultshulk::ultinkling:

...Yeah, 35 is rough, but theoretically this is what I'd do. I couldn't, in good consciousness, add third parties to such a small roster, but they'd be first in line for hypothetical DLC, alongside the tough cuts like Ness, Rosalina and Luma, Incineroar, Duck Hunt, and Captain Falcon. Miis too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't TheBitBlock the same guy that threw a hissy fit about JRPG characters IIRC?

Hmm, wonder what he thought of Joker's reveal.
TheBitBlock and Blocked Content are two different people, I'm almost certain.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
This is your Smash 6 roster
:ultdoc::ultolimar::ultlittlemac::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultpalutena::ultcorrin::ultmetaknight::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultfalco::ultpiranha::ultlucario::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultkirby::ultroy::ultpacman::ultdk::ultmegaman::ultganondorf: Joker :ultjigglypuff::ultbowserjr::ultvillager::ultshulk::ultincineroar::ultken::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultrob:

I achieved this roster in the best way. The Thanos way.

also can we have Joker's mask or the PT logo as a place holder until we get Joker's official icon?

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi:
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario::ultlittlemac:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultpalutena:
:ultmarth::ultike::ultchrom::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultolimar:
:ultrob::ultfox::ultfalco::ultshulk::ultinkling:

...Yeah, 35 is rough, but theoretically this is what I'd do. I couldn't, in good consciousness, add third parties to such a small roster, but they'd be first in line for hypothetical DLC, alongside the tough cuts like Ness, Rosalina and Luma, Incineroar, Duck Hunt, and Captain Falcon. Miis too.
While Chrom replacing Captain Falcon would be ironically funny...

I'm pretty sure Chrom would be eternally hated by most of the fanbase, as he would be the go to scapegoat for disgruntled fans of cut characters.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
It gets even worse, in my case. Pushblock Gaming and TheNoteBlock add to the confusion.
"what should i call my gaming website??? uhhhhhhhh something with block in it cause mario im sure thats never been done before"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While Chrom replacing Captain Falcon would be ironically funny...

I'm pretty sure Chrom would be eternally hated by most of the fanbase, as he would be the go to scapegoat for disgruntled fans of cut characters.
Why?
Roy is gone, Chrom's his own character now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom