• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I still dunno why Sakurai didn’t atleast go with Shy Guy if he wanted a basic Mario enemy playable.
He probably wanted a character that could take us by surprise, and Piranha Plant was probably the best candidate for that.
Unlike most of the other Mario enemies, Piranha Plant has never even been playable in the spin-off games, usually being regulated to an obstacle or item...
Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Dry Bones, and Lakitu became Mario Kart staples (and Wiggler was a thing in Mario Kart 7), and Goomba, Boo, Hammer Bro, Blooper, and Spike joined in on some of the Mario Party games. But not Piranha Plant. If you ask me, him being the generic Mario enemy getting in makes a lot of sense in terms of surprise factor.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was and am still really excited for Piranha Plant :p

This is not a drill
Appareny Sakurai fav persona character is Yusuke

Good taste Sakurai, good taste
I feel like, for some reason, Sakurai would probably resonate with Yusuke the most anyway haha.

Hm... I wonder who my favorites are... haven't really thought of it before...
And Yusuke is definitely up there on my list, even if only because of his persona... :p

EDIT: im glad i watched Joker's trailer in Japanese cause that's how I recognize everyone's voices hahaha
sakurai making me cry all over again

also
1545914538949.png

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Only because I finally found some footage for All-Star Mode a while ago: why is it just Multi-Man Smash all over again? Something feels very wrong having the battle just loop on end like that. I guess with a better Classic Mode came with sacrifices...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
He probably wanted a character that could take us by surprise, and Piranha Plant was probably the best candidate for that.
Unlike most of the other Mario enemies, Piranha Plant has never even been playable in the spin-off games, usually being regulated to an obstacle or item...
Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Dry Bones, and Lakitu became Mario Kart staples (and Wiggler was a thing in Mario Kart 7), and Goomba, Boo, Hammer Bro, Blooper, and Spike joined in on some of the Mario Party games. But not Piranha Plant. If you ask me, him being the generic Mario enemy getting in makes a lot of sense in terms of surprise factor.
Makes sense, it’s definitely pretty surprising and creative that he found moveset potential in :ultpiranha: to say the least.

Speaking of Lakitu anyone else think he would’ve made an interesting :ultbowserjr: echo?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Only because I finally found some footage for All-Star Mode a while ago: why is it just Multi-Man Smash all over again? Something feels very wrong having the battle just loop on end like that. I guess with a better Classic Mode came with sacrifices...
Do you really want to fight against 74 characters back to back?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Makes sense, it’s definitely pretty surprising and creative to say the least.

Speaking of Lakitu anyone else think he would’ve made an interesting :ultbowserjr: echo?
I'm not familiar enough with the character. Can his cloud do all the stuff Clown Cart does?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Makes sense, it’s definitely pretty surprising and creative to say the least.

Honestly, Lakitu coulda made an interesting unique fighter. Similar playstyle to The Boy but not the same.
Like, throwing a spiny instead of a mechakoopa would be cool, but he could also probably do other things like have a fishing rod

I'm not familiar enough with the character. Can his cloud do all the stuff Clown Cart does?
Not particularly.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
All-Star Mode didn't really do it all in one go though. It was more like a chunk of fighters and then an intermission that had healing items.
I know, but you still had to beat all of them to complete one run. I guess I can understand why people misses the old one, but it feels kinda exhausting for me now.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Nah those are totally cartoon roots.
Roots at they may be, PP needs some sneakers

EDIT: I don't like All-Star Smash at all. I'm not a fan of Century Smash, either. All-Star, even though it was a grind (especially with Classic), would've been preferable to what we got.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know, but you still had to beat all of them to complete one run. I guess I can understand why people misses the old one, but it feels kinda exhausting for me now.
I also wanted to see how out of place Joker would look with everyone else.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

osby

Smash Obsessed

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You guys seen that interview that came up on Atlus JP's Twitter, I would love to have a translation of that video soon.

But, SG's currently away and knowing NE and their recent Sakurai interview translations, I probably have to rely on poor quality stuff to speculate.

It feels rough as a speculator dying to know the context behind Joker's inclusion and wanting to know the basic template of how DLC newcomers will be handled. ;_;

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
im glad i watched Joker's trailer in Japanese cause that's how I recognize everyone's voices hahaha
sakurai making me cry all over again
imagine playing through P5 in japanese and missing out on matt mercer's beautiful yusuke portrayal

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
imagine playing through P5 in japanese and missing out on matt mercer's beautiful yusuke portrayal
i did that for listening practice and still had an incredibly enjoyable time, but you right, matt mercer's voice that i hear everywhere else, including P5 when I was on campus and people were playing it, is more important :p

it's hiiiiigh nyusuke.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You guys seen that interview that came up on Atlus JP's Twitter, I would love to have a translation of that video soon.

But, SG's currently away and knowing NE and their recent Sakurai interview translations, I probably have to rely on poor quality stuff to speculate.

It feels rough as a speculator dying to know the context behind Joker's inclusion and wanting to know the basic template of how DLC newcomers will be handled. ;_;
I've seen a few rough translation bits. I think there isn't anything about how Joker was selected aside from Sakurai saying he loves Persona 5.

I think voice acting in English dub was pretty high quality compared to the original, which says something, considering Japanese dub had an all-star cast.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Now Ridley actually deletes characters. Sounds about right.

This game is a glorious mess.

I'm convinced Ridley hates Sonic now.

If only this became more of a meme...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I kinda like everyone (in the main party) in P5 for one reason or another. I named Joker "Ash Ketchum" as a joke and I got way too attached to the character haha. I like Futaba, but not in the same way everyone's seemed to have waifu'd her >_>. She's like a little sister of the party.
Yusuke's pretty cool, and he's got one of my favorite personas (...Goemon.)...

I think Ann was the first person I paired Joker with (People can **** on her all they want, I feel for her haha), and I think I was going for Makoto in the second playthough before I dropped it for a bit.

Ryuji is Ash Ketchum's best friend.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean, Metroid is an it, and it takes the Phazon Suit to mimic Samus. So I'd refer to Dark Samus as an "it..."

unless, of course, you wanted to say Dark Samus in Smash Bros. Ultimate is Metroid Prime 3 Samus having been corrupted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBpVsFEVGYw
Well, she is an exact physical copy of Samus. Down to the veins, arteries, and heart. The only difference is her "skin" is what would be considered a power suit because thats what Metroid Prime snatched from her. Her DNA was in the suit so it crafted its internal makeup from the DNA and the suit. So it used what was necessary to "live" and became a being instead of a substance.

In other words. Dark Samus is as female as a constructed being of pure energy can possibly be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So.... what leaks are we still trusting? (I know that there are some people who will say “none” but that’s not really the point)

I’ve seen the Square 7 brought up recently so that’s clearly still a thing.

Is that Lloyd and Yuri thing that was shared here a few weeks ago still a thing? I don’t think I’ve heard that shared anywhere else.

Has Vergeben said anything new?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yusuke's pretty cool, and he's got one of my favorite personas (...Goemon.)....
I really hope that's not his answer to Goemon T^T
Edit: I mean in a Persona perspective. If it means my Goemon then that's sooo welcome :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do y'all think they're ever gonna release new amiibo with the new Ultimate poses anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom