• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
We're still all considering Erdrick? Man, things have been quiet on the leaker front lately. Before release, there was a new fake leak every other day.

I honestly think Erdrick is a very well crafted Square Enix cover story.

You expect me to think the company that went out of their way to protect 2B, Noctis, and Cloud let Erdrick slip and leak?

Nah. It just don't seem realistic.

Erdrick is either misdirection, assumptions, or some sort of foolery with leakers or there's just no Square rep at all and we've been running around with headless chicken syndrome.
This is a good point. We also know that there weren't any leaks from the DLC last round...save for when Nintendo forgot to scrub the Royu data. We might have nothing so far.

...or whoever leaked Erdrick just saw the hairstyle and went with that, because even they couldn't believe that Goku was the last DLC character...

D

Deleted member

Noi this is stupid it's like saying "I wish I relied on food, water and oxygen to live"
Methinks he was doing the "I wish squids were real" bit from Splatoon.

Man, I wish squids were real...That'd sure be somethin'. Almost as good as humans being real!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i still want estark in over erdrick lol. a vastly more important character to the franchise than erdrick

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't even know anymore, but:

- Erdrick (perhaps Luminary, but someone has got to wear that equipment, maybe...)
- Ryu Hayabusa (I feel like 1 of 5 people who even thinks he has a chance)
- Another fighting game rep (Terry Bogard? Kyo Kusanagi?)
- Wildcard Nintendo character nobody expected that I can't even say...

Is what I hope happens. I'm going to be so disappointed.
That's 2 of my Top 5, so you get my vote.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In 2019 we've got a live action Pokemon movie that actually looks pretty good and a live action Sonic movie that looks hilarious.

What a time to be alive. Next year can't come soon enough.
We'll also OD on video games and be unable to play all the games we want starting from ****ing January. KHIII, RE2, Travis Strikes Again, Onimusha, Tales of Vesperia and Ace Combat all in the same goddamn month? Holy ****

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
After Piranha, I think Nintendo lost the rights to have any more reps. It should all be 3rd party now.

D

Deleted member

In 2019 we've got a live action Pokemon movie that actually looks pretty good and a live action Sonic movie that looks hilarious.

What a time to be alive. Next year can't come soon enough.
I sincerely hope there's a tie-in movie game for Sonic.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We'll also OD on video games and be unable to play all the games we want starting from ****ing January. KHIII, RE2, Travis Strikes Again, Onimusha, Tales of Vesperia and Ace Combat all in the same goddamn month? Holy ****
My games to buy in 2019 list is already packed. I already know I won't be able to buy all of them but I don't want to think about it cuz it makes me sad.

D

Deleted member

Do they even make those anymore? It's been a long time since I heard of bad movie tie-in games
I dunno. Last one I remember was one for Toy Story 3, so probably not.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen that many people talk about amiibos for Ultimate. Has anyone in the thread here used them yet? I'm gonna start training my Ridley one tomorrow (not gonna teach my Inkling one until I'm good enough to teach it Nair combos).

osby

Smash Obsessed
My games to buy in 2019 list is already packed. I already know I won't be able to buy all of them but I don't want to think about it cuz it makes me sad.
I just want to know what is this "P5R" and if it allows me dress Phantom Thieves as Smash characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hope you'll have enough to get Crafted World :yoshi:
Crafted World is A tier.

S tier, aka games I literally can not survive without, is solely occupied by Pokemon gen 8.

A tier is games I really want to try but will skip if I don't have the money, like Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Three Houses, Prime 4, possible Persona 5 port and Crafted World.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
so am i right in saying that most people are going to go see the sonic movie ironically right

osby

Smash Obsessed
so am i right in saying that most people are going to go see the sonic movie ironically right
How do you ironically go to a movie?

I'll go, because the stuff I've seen about it was mostly "OK", aside from Sonic's design and even it might not be that bad.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno. Last one I remember was one for Toy Story 3, so probably not.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen that many people talk about amiibos for Ultimate. Has anyone in the thread here used them yet? I'm gonna start training my Ridley one tomorrow (not gonna teach my Inkling one until I'm good enough to teach it Nair combos).
I have.

I trained an Inkling to taunt after every attack. One time on Rainbow Ride she got a KO, and instead of jumping when the ship started going off screen she just squid-bagged to her death.

I've trained her well.

Pretty much. I definitely am.

D

Deleted member

2019 is gonna be 2017 all over again for me. Just a bunch of games coming every month. I'm gonna have to pick and choose, unfortunately.

Late January and pretty much all of February is KH time. Then I will preload Yoshi's Crafted world ASAP. After those two, it's the waiting game for Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3, the two games that could easily be my game of the year next year depending on how they turn out.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
How do you ironically go to a movie?

I'll go, because the stuff I've seen about it was mostly "OK", aside from Sonic's design and even it might not be that bad.
i ironically went to see venom and then ended up unironically enjoying it

and you've probably never been in bad movie circles if you don't understand how people can ironically watch movies

D

Deleted member

Crafted World is to me what Pokemon Gen 8 is to Noipoi :yoshi:
As much as I like the other games I listed...

Luigi's Mansion is that game for me. I'm only chill right now because of how little we know. Once a proper gameplay trailer drops, though, you won't be able to get me to shut up about it, lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
i ironically went to see venom and then ended up unironically enjoying it

and you've probably never been in bad movie circles if you don't understand how people can ironically watch movies
Not really, I only go to movies if I expect to genuinely enjoy it.

...or because someone special to me wants it and I can't say no.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As much as I like the other games I listed...

Luigi's Mansion is that game for me. I'm only chill right now because of how little we know. Once a proper gameplay trailer drops, though, you won't be able to get me to shut up about it, lol.
I just want you guys to know that as more and more info is released on Generation 8 I will become more and more insufferable.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
People love 'ironically' supporting ****ty movies and making them major successes which teaches the industry that the bad thing is good so probably
sonic movie + entertainingly/incredibly bad + success = more ****ty sonic movies = more things to make fun of and mock

its a win win in the worst ways!

Not really, I only go to movies if I expect to genuinely enjoy it.

...or because someone special to me wants it and I can't say no.
life is not worth living unless you make someone watch the room with you

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just want you guys to know that as more and more info is released on Generation 8 I will become more and more insufferable.
You can't be insufferable, no mater how much you try.

but don't try too much, just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom