• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What do you guys think is the least fitting spirit battle? So far, for me they have to be Gengar and Rouge. Donkey Kong and Fox just don't fit for those, I mean shouldn't Rouge at least be a female character since her whole thing is being sexy? I know she's also a thief and a rogue, but then she should be Wolf if anything.
As a Shantae fan, Daisy as Risky Boots.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know this is a bit out of nowhere and at a time where most people are asleep, but in a year where pretty much every major western developer threw away any good will I had left for them, I just wanted to say that I appreciate ending such a bad year for the video game industry with a game like Ultimate. This game could have been monetized to hell and back, but instead we get such a ridiculous amount of content with tons of love poured into it for nothing but full price, which truly is an anomaly these days, especially with something that people feel so strongly about as Smash and the various IPs represented in it. I'm sure some of Ninendo's investors are shaking their heads and consider it wasted potential, just think of all the things they could have capitalized on with this game, or at the very least they could have planted the seeds to do so in the future, but somehow Nintendo continue to do the right thing despite how industry standards change.

I consider them one of the few companies left that still care about their core values and the people who they sell their products to, they're a safe zone in a market that continuously try to push the boundaries on how much they can deceive their customers. That Online is people's biggest complaint against them is a pretty good situation to find ourselves in when you look around and see how fans of Blizzard, Bethesda and Valve are completely lost as those studios have all but completely thrown away their identity.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I know this is a bit out of nowhere and at a time where most people are asleep, but in a year where pretty much every major western developer threw away any good will I had left for them, I just wanted to say that I appreciate ending such a bad year for the video game industry with a game like Ultimate. This game could have been monetized to hell and back, but instead we get such a ridiculous amount of content with tons of love poured into it for nothing but full price, which truly is an anomaly these days, especially with something that people feel so strongly about as Smash and the various IPs represented in it. I'm sure some of Ninendo's investors are shaking their heads and consider it wasted potential, just think of all the things they could have capitalized on with this game, or at the very least they could have planted the seeds to do so in the future, but somehow Nintendo continue to do the right thing despite how industry standards change.

I consider them one of the few companies left that still care about their core values and the people who they sell their products to, they're a safe zone in a market that continuously try to push the boundaries on how much they can deceive their customers. That Online is people's biggest complaint against them is a pretty good situation to find ourselves in when you look around and see how fans of Blizzard, Bethesda and Valve are completely lost as those studios have all but completely thrown away their identity.
I think there's just this large revelation going on between people and companies, showing a larger disconnect between groups of people at one level and those at another. It's not happening just in video games either, but tech, movies, etc. It's everywhere. You'd think that after what EA did in 2017, they'd have corrected course a bit, but no, they made it worse. Blizzard has now emerged as company completely disconnected from the fans that made them what they were. Yet Activision is releasing remasters of Crash/Spyro to the delight of fans. A weird mixing of good cop/bad cop is going on there. But it's probably just a circling of the proverbial drain.

Rockstar continues down the path of wanting to make movies, not games, despite people glossing over their massive gameplay blemishes. Valve is having their feet put to the fire after so long, and while a lot of people don't like the tactics of what Epic is doing, it's what must be done in order for Valve to wake up and start fixing things. And then there's Bethesda...their tire fire has finally been exposed for all to revel in it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Whoa, I've never seen you up, this late (well, I assume it's late, where you live...), before!
Yeah it’s late, admittedly I’m kinda pulling an all nighter getting my apartment cleaned up and preparing for my trip back to my hometown for Christmas including some early shopping, parents are coming to get me so I can catch up on sleep on the way back.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
This year sucks as an whole. Many peoples who I looked up to died such as Stan Lee as well as Spongebob's creater. On the video game topic, I still think Nintendo is the best one connecting with their fans for me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This year sucks as an whole. Many peoples who I looked up to died such as Stan Lee as well as Spongebob's creater. On the video game topic, I still think Nintendo is the best one connecting with their fans for me.
I still don’t think it’s been as bad as 2016, but yeah it’s a shame things haven’t been really good this year like losing quite a few influential people, at least its almost over and hopefully 2019 will look a lot brighter

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah, this year hasn't been too good for me, at all...

Though, I did join this website this year, and have made quite a couple friends here since then, so I am really happy about that. :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As a Shantae fan, Daisy as Risky Boots.
Yeah, I'd have gone with Bayonetta on the grounds that both have guns.

On the plus side, I now have a funny image in my head of Shantae!Samus towering over Risky!Daisy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looking at the video game market alone, this has been a year of staggering successes and dumpster fires

Successes
  • God of War (Beard Edition)
  • Insomniac's Spider-Man
  • Not Insomniac's Spyro Trilogy
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (Single Player)
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Dumpster Fires
  • Metal Gear Survive
  • Diablo Immortal Reveal
  • Fallout 76
  • Battlefield V
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (Multiplayer)

osby

Smash Obsessed
unpopular opinion here but

I like Villager better than Isabelle.
I can get where you are coming from. Villager's specials are more fun to spam and they come with 8 different characters at once. And they're also cute.

Doesn't change that your opinion is wrong /s

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I can get where you are coming from. Villager's specials are more fun to spam and they come with 8 different characters at once. And they're also cute.

Doesn't change that your opinion is wrong /s
You also forgot the holy bowling ball~!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How do you unlock Ice Climbers in WOL? I already have them otherwise.
I believe they where somewhere in the Ice Mountain area.

Speaking of which, I was initially a little confused of why Toon Link was on the Rathalos area, until I realized that he was an alternate costume of one of the cats in one of the Monster Hunter games. Plus he's also often referred to as Cat Eyed Link in Japan. Cheeky Sakurai is cheeky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom