• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The rumor just looks real, that's all
When you're on Smashboards you get punched in the face with the same names over and over and over and over to the point that none of them seem real. You will not believe how many times I've heard the words Erdrick and Sylux and Gen 8 Pokemon and Edelgard in the last few weeks and it's the most bland **** ever. Literally this post is parroting everyone else's speculation posts pre-Joker except it has Joker in it now.

I'm so tired

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
On top of that its a leak, this isn't coming from an actual company rep.

People need to understand leak =/= confirmation or to be taken without a grain of salt

D

Deleted member

The weirdest leak I saw this japan time, at last out of the ones I can remember, is this one https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/428401781/#q428401781
It’s nothing much, except for one thing:Soleiyu Belmont as an assist trophy. That just stuck out as such a weird and ridiculous thing in my mind. Out of all castlevania characters, you say Soleiyu? The guy who appeared as a boss in one game boy game. I know it doesn’t sound super crazy, but it just left an impression on me. Hell, the fact that I was so easily able to find this leak on fire den should give you an idea of how little people care about Soleiyu.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The weirdest leak I saw this japan time, at last out of the ones I can remember, is this one https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/428401781/#q428401781
It’s nothing much, except for one thing:Soleiyu Belmont as an assist trophy. That just stuck out as such a weird and ridiculous thing in my mind. Out of all castlevania characters, you say Soleiyu? The guy who appeared as a boss in one game boy game. I know it doesn’t sound super crazy, but it just left an impression on me. Hell, the fact that I was so easily able to find this leak on fire den should give you an idea of how little people care about Soleiyu.
I love stuff like this. Like this clearly makes no sense but stuff like Dry Bowser or a Zapper assist, that's creative.

Part of the reason the fake Ryota Hayami leak reinvigorated my long-buried love of Wave Race was because it was such a different idea that I immediate started thinking about all the cool things Wave Race could bring to the series. It's genuinely fun to just predict or hypothesize about wild ****. Things don't have to be "real credible leaks" to be fun.

Pakky

Smash Hero
That reminds me of that OLD Pokémon plus and minus rumor. That guessed what the Switch would be back in like 2015.

Stuff like this sometimes turns out to be true though other than that its just fun to read.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think the characters in the rumor have a good chance of making it in as dlc
Yeah I sure they do which is why you wrote this list, lol.

I mean they're cool man but nothing here points in their favor.

If we knew what forms some of them took ala 'How does Sora look' then I'd consider things.

I mean the Kingdom Key alone is worth 1300 pages of back and forth here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Bonus Free DLC Characters
Edelgard from Fire Emblem: Three Houses"

****ING YIKES BEYOND (solo).png

Look, I can understand wanting to make conversation to keep things goin' around here, but for just a moment, remember that night at The Game Awards. We all came to agreement about nobody knowing DLC, including insiders we pushed like Vergeben and Spawn Wave, and we all came to the agreement that everything is off the table.

Does that mean crazy **** like Sub-Zero or Master Chief is gonna happen? Who knows.
Does Reggie's statements about the DLC hold merit? Probably, especially after ****ing Joker being revealed first.

In the end, there are no claims about another Square character, Minecraft content or anything else people have said, Joker was never leaked, and unless we know of anything related to post-launch content, it'll most likely come from Nintendo themselves. The Fighter Pass being DLC will only add more difficulty for any "insider" to leak out.

Just please, y'all. If you think they're making other "bonus, limited-time offer" fighters like Piranha Plant, that should already be the red flag there.

BlueKart

Banned via Warnings
Pakky, it just looks like that those characters have a shot for dlc. The rumor could be fake or it could be real.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Don't worry lads this is the real one. My dad, Johnathan Nintendo, owns Nintendo.

Okay 4chan I'm a playtester for the Smash Ultimate DLC and I am PISSED at how they let me go. Bad hours, no pay, so I'm going to get even by LEAKING the FIVE FIGHTERS PACK characters and their stages.

-Edelgard from Fire Emblem. This **** is just like Corrin. Everyone knows Nintendo only picks Fire Emblem for their promotional picks. She's in with Castle Siege 2 as a stage.
-Bandana Dee. He has the stage from Planet Robobot with the city.
-Sylux. He controls a lot like Samus. They're bringing back Pyrosphere for this. **** Nintendo and their promotional picks!
-Stylist. You read that right. Stylist from Style Savvy or Girls Mode or whatever the ****. I'm a red blooded male but this character? ACTUALLY fun. Comes with eight totally unique costumes that reflect every brand in the series and reference several characters, including Sophie and Angelique. I've never played Style Savvy but this character is actually fun. Her stage is a salon.
-Banjo-Kazooie.

Believe me or don't! I'm just trying to do the right thing! That'll show Nintendo! Smash is a kids game!

Pakky

Smash Hero
This one just looks real
What makes it look real?
It just sounds like something nintendo would do
Joker isn't something I thought Nintendo would do but here is he is. Man that was a good announcement,

"Bonus Free DLC Characters
Edelgard from Fire Emblem: Three Houses"

View attachment 183727

Look, I can understand wanting to make conversation to keep things goin' around here, but for just a moment, remember that night at The Game Awards. We all came to agreement about nobody knowing DLC, including insiders we pushed like Vergeben and Spawn Wave, and we all came to the agreement that everything is off the table.

Does that mean crazy **** like Sub-Zero or Master Chief is gonna happen? Who knows.
Does Reggie's statements about the DLC hold merit? Probably, especially after ****ing Joker being revealed first.

In the end, there are no claims about another Square character, Minecraft content or anything else people have said, Joker was never leaked, and unless we know of anything related to post-launch content, it'll most likely come from Nintendo themselves. The Fighter Pass being DLC will only add more difficulty for any "insider" to leak out.

Just please, y'all. If you think they're making other "bonus, limited-time offer" fighters like Piranha Plant, that should already be the red flag there.
Which is why I'm not believing anything until I got hard video evidence, or something.

Right now though I'm much more open to crazy stuff as oppose to BWD (Who is a sweet baby boy but I think his time is later )

Last edited:

BlueKart

Banned via Warnings
Pakky, you do have a good point, but what if nintendo wanted to throw off people by announcing joker first, to throw people off about the other dlc characters?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pakky, you do have a good point, but what if nintendo wanted to throw off people by announcing joker first, to throw people off about the other dlc characters?
Well man, that's a poorly kept secret huh?

Look in times like this the simple answer is the best one. The answer is, 'No body knows jack'.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Throwing people off? Come on, box theory was real, Nintendo isn't playing four dimensional chess with speculation fans.

BlueKart

Banned via Warnings
true, but I think joker was chosen because they wanted to put persona 5 on the nintendo switch

Pakky

Smash Hero
Throwing people off? Come on, box theory was real, Nintendo isn't playing four dimensional chess with speculation fans.
Haha that's my point, octcom's razor.

We did get :ultpiranha: but yeah base roster? People had that locked down after :ultisabelle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom