• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
And mwah
And it's a mastapiece

Not even considering that whole "yuri vs lloyd" leak, I do think Lloyd is by far one of our most likely DLC reps, and this shows why perfectly. Awesome work TPC, absolutely loving your new essays.

I mean...if you can find me this leak, because I don't recall it existing, I'd appreciate it.
There was a leak that said Joker was in...but nothing about his release date, and it went on to list 4 other candidates. Is that what you mean?
Because it's worth nothing there was a base game leak which got the rest of the roster correct and said Dante was in.

Ask and ye shall receive.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But how does that explain every damn Pokemon Spirit ingame?
The art for most of the earthbound characters are literally sprites.

Also, just look at the Pokémon wiki. There are plenty of pics of Red and Leif that aren’t Sugimori art. Plus, your theory doesn’t explain Bayonetta, Wario, or Pikachu

Edit: oops. I quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"but I don't know if we'll be seeing it at the Game Awards just yet."
I'll say this; getting Joker right is a real feat, lucky guess or not. But it's worth nothing this was a mere 3 days before the event, and OP clearly felt there'd be no TGA reveal.
What if there’s one leaker who is legit Sakurai, and every time he leaks he gets two things wrong and one thing right. And he’s doing it on purpose to troll us and throw off our expectations.

Double K

Smash Lord
Still misses the point of my previous statement.

Why should we bother with anything relating to Smash envolving Cygames that comes from Hitagi?
He does have a source within Cygames, but that source isnt involved in Smash.
He already backed out one of his previous claim about it aswell, further implying that his Cygames source is of no use within Smash context.
Why should we bothe, if their claims have little going for it over than any 4chan leak out there?
And you missed thee point of both of my statements.

If Sakurai decided to say something about possible DLC he was working with and mentiond "Oh, we are working with X company to bring Y character to Smash" and it does not happen, that doesn't make what he said wrong.

From the beginning, Hitagi said something along the lines of "Nintendo and Cygames are working together, and I'm hearing talks of Katalina as Smash Bros. DLC."

Lack of a positive confirmation does not result in a negative confirmation. Until proven otherwise , or Hitagi comes out and says that their source deconfirmed 100%, the possibility of Cygames putting somebody in Smash is on the table.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What if there’s one leaker who is legit Sakurai, and every time he leaks he gets two things wrong and one thing right. And he’s doing it on purpose to troll us and throw off our expectations.
Typically I'm not a fan of the idea of "Sakurai is le epic troll," but this would be pretty funny.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Gonna look through Verge's reddit account to source the "he stated GBF fighter first" thing.

(I forgot how Verge can actually be a really sweet guy sometimes.)

Thing is though, either way, Hitagi knew about the game and Verge backed him up...think this should be enough to cast this game out as it was common knowledge at this point.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Wait, are people still talking about Katalina being in Smash? Didn't Hitagi backpedal on that? I mean he got GBF Versus right, but that doesn't mean anything for statements he previously retracted.

Double K

Smash Lord
Wait, are people still talking about Katalina being in Smash? Didn't Hitagi backpedal on that? I mean he got GBF Versus right, but that doesn't mean anything for statements he previously retracted.
I'm one of the biggest "Granblue character for Smash" people but I've always said that Katalina was a boring pick.

and iirc, the statement was "I think Katalina is in Smash" but considering he also recently admitted he doesn't like Granblue it could be a number of things that made him backpedal.

* Katalina was discussed for Smash but it fell through
* He mistook someone else for Katalina
* Cygames source lied
* He pulled it out of his ass
* Cygames did get into Smash, but not with Katalina and/or Granblue

etc.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
And you missed thee point of both of my statements.

If Sakurai decided to say something about possible DLC he was working with and mentiond "Oh, we are working with X company to bring Y character to Smash" and it does not happen, that doesn't make what he said wrong.

From the beginning, Hitagi said something along the lines of "Nintendo and Cygames are working together, and I'm hearing talks of Katalina as Smash Bros. DLC."

Lack of a positive confirmation does not result in a negative confirmation. Until proven otherwise , or Hitagi comes out and says that their source deconfirmed 100%, the possibility of Cygames putting somebody in Smash is on the table.
"Lack of a positive confirmation does not result in a negative confirmation. Until proven otherwise , or Hitagi comes out and says that their source deconfirmed 100%, the possibility of Cygames putting somebody in Smash is on the table"

But he did, didnt he?
Didnt he straight up admitted that Katalina was misinformation and that the only sure thing was that Cygames and Nintendo were working on something together unrelated to Smash, and that he just jumped on the conclusion too quickly?
Do I have the scenario wrong?

D

Deleted member

I'm one of the biggest "Granblue character for Smash" people but I've always said that Katalina was a boring pick.

and iirc, the statement was "I think Katalina is in Smash" but considering he also recently admitted he doesn't like Granblue it could be a number of things that made him backpedal.

* Cygames source lied
* He pulled it out of his ***

etc.
Or he misheard the information and the discussions were for something else entirely.
Which, you know, is what he said happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

* Cygames source lied
* He pulled it out of his ***

etc.
He recently said that the Katalina thing wasn't for Smash or Versus, but for something else entirely. https://old.reddit.com/r/Granblue_e..._leaker_that_leaked_isabelle_and_the/ebu1iin/

Double K

Smash Lord
"Lack of a positive confirmation does not result in a negative confirmation. Until proven otherwise , or Hitagi comes out and says that their source deconfirmed 100%, the possibility of Cygames putting somebody in Smash is on the table"

But he did, didnt he?
Didnt he straight up admitted that Katalina was misinformation and that the only sure thing was that Cygames and Nintendo were working on something together unrelated to Smash, and that he just jumped on the conclusion too quickly?
Do I have the scenario wrong?
I'm pretty sure he only backpedaled on Katalina, but by the nature of what Hitagi has said about how he gives leaks, we can assume that doesn't deconfirm anything else.

it could be as simple as "I read th info I was given wrong and jumped to a conclusionn" or it could be "I was explicitly wrong about Cygames and Smash"

Basically, Cygames might still be working with Nintendo for a Smash thing but he won't actually say until he has names

He recently said that the Katalina thing wasn't for Smash or Versus, but for something else entirely. https://old.reddit.com/r/Granblue_e..._leaker_that_leaked_isabelle_and_the/ebu1iin/
Saw that post.

I'm a mod of that sub lol

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The Erdrick thing seems possible. But then discussing the thought process of his inclusion seems to makes it possibly not real though. Since a rumor stating a developer's thought process is a red flag.

Double K

Smash Lord
I should also mention that the granblue subreddit post that Hitagi made could very well be a hindsight, and that Nintendo x Cygames for Smash could also very well be a DLC spirit so make of it what you will

D

Deleted member

I love to play as K.Rool.

It is nice to play with a character you love outside of gaming that isn’t low tier and laughted at by everyone else.

The days of Mario spammers mocking me for maining Varia Samus are probably over.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The Erdrick thing seems possible. But then discussing the thought process of his inclusion seems to makes it possibly not real though. Since a rumor stating a developer's thought process is a red flag.
Real or not, it's the absolute obvious reason for his inclusion. SE has been trying really hard to get DQ more success in the West and something they've spoken of many times.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I will say I will only accept Mementos if it's the Mementos depths because it is almost the same as the amala network from SMT3.

D

Deleted member

I feel alone on the Erdrick thing, because i would actually like to see him in Smash.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I should also mention that the granblue subreddit post that Hitagi made could very well be a hindsight, and that Nintendo x Cygames for Smash could also very well be a DLC spirit so make of it what you will
I mean it could be, but why would you ever come to that conclusion anyway? Before Versus, he said the Katalina thing wasn't about Smash. After Versus, he said the Katalina thing wasn't about Smash.

Double K

Smash Lord
Or he misheard the information and the discussions were for something else entirely.
Which, you know, is what he said happened.
This is why you always write "etc." at the end of a list of things.

etc. works as a CYA for anything you forgot!

I mean it could be, but why would you ever come to that conclusion anyway? Before Versus, he said the Katalina thing wasn't about Smash. After Versus, he said the Katalina thing wasn't about Smash.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjoug.../just_a_quick_update_not_answering_questions/

Hindsight is also 20/20

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
After hearing about Gran/Djeeta, Lyria, and Vyrn, and Bahamut, if there is a Granblue rep, I'm kinda hoping for those guys instead...

RΔDΔGΔST

Smash Rookie
My top speculatory picks for the remaining DLC Characters are Erdrick, Master Chief, Sora, and Banjo-Kazooie or Spyro. Sakurai said these would all be "must-have" characters so I don't think any of them will be characters from franchises that are already in SSB, and he said he wants characters that have unique skills sets so no echo fighters. Steve from MC would be awesome though!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My top speculatory picks for the remaining DLC Characters are Erdrick, Master Chief, Sora, and Banjo-Kazooie or Spyro. Sakurai said these would all be "must-have" characters so I don't think any of them will be characters from franchises that are already in SSB, and he said he wants characters that have unique skills sets so no echo fighters. Steve from MC would be awesome though!
Don't count on Spyro, the Japanese hate him (due to no fault of his own really). The games had terrible localizations and were nearly unplayable.

Double K

Smash Lord
After hearing about Gran/Djeeta, Lyria, and Vyrn, and Bahamut, if there is a Granblue rep, I'm kinda hoping for those guys instead...
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/33758

With how fit Gran (and Djeeta by extension is) **** yeah it'd be awesome. Granted, Vyrn doesn't actually have any power of his own (aside from when he undid a history rewrite out of sheer anger, but he didn't know he did that), but Vyrn would be a cool thing as a special. Have Vyrn throw an apple at the opponent

D

Deleted member

Don’t expect Spyro before Crash.
I would love both, but Spyro is just infamous on Japan, so Crash would probably come first since he is huge in Japan.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Even though I have a bias against mobile games in general, I'd be open to Bahamut getting in. To me, the more dragons, the better.:yoshi:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Okay, what the heck is wrong with Olimar in spirits mode? I'm using sword attack up and his FA, BA, DA, and UA are basically one or two hit K.Oing people (around 60% per hit, you can usually K.O them off the top with UA within the first few seconds), even legends with more spirit power.

I've tried other swordsmen, even Marth's tipper doesn't do that much damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom