• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh my god.
I think they've already nerfed :ultgreninja:.
O_O
(He was marked as changed in the patch notes, jsyk, so...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I guess, apparently, he was picking one character from each company, though.
Ouch, forgot Simon was a Konami character for a second there. I guess Joker could be the 8th since he’s from ATLUS but I’ve heard he’s got ties with SEGA.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ouch, forgot Simon was a Konami character for a second there. I guess Joker could be the 8th since he’s from ATLUS but I’ve heard he’s got ties with SEGA.
ATLUS is owned by SEGA, but same can be said for Monolith Soft and Nintendo, so he's fair game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So... anything of interest the past few days of me not being in the thread?

And as for my status, I do have the game, yes, but I'm slowly getting back into taking snapshots, for justice! :ultpit:

D

Deleted member

So... anything of interest the past few days of me not being in the thread?

And as for my status, I do have the game, yes, but I'm slowly getting back into taking snapshots, for justice! :ultpit:
patch 1.2.0 is a thing now, and it seems to have improved quickplay matchmaking (which is a godsend)

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Gotta say, it feels like Nintendo were five steps ahead of the game on us. Like, they knew what we'd think as soon as word of them choosing DLC characters for out, and they were counting on us to play ourselves into thinking corporate after past endeavors.

Crafty, to say the least.

D

Deleted member

god why is it that the moment I switch from playing Cloud/Shulk I immediately get bodied and when I switch back I immediately body others

their range has spoiled me, and Clouds dtilt is too fun to pass up

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Huh, I was unaware of that.

I don't know if that counts, but it might be enough to justify Master Chief.
Well Cloud was essentially a skin in FF Explorers. And let's not forget, we almost got a Halo DS game simply because Microsoft don't have their own handhelds. As far as Nintendo goes, that skin is all MC needs for validation.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
patch 1.2.0 is a thing now, and it seems to have improved quickplay matchmaking (which is a godsend)
That's lucky. I don't have the online thing, but based on what I heard, I probably don't want it unless I play with friends or MonHun. Blasted $20 paywall for online I swear... It makes me miss the days where online gaming was free on consoles.

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultmario::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultryu::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultcloud: is crazier.
And they all can fight in Smashville this is truly a great game. Also Joker which is mind-blowing.

Whose next Master Cheif , Scorpion, Rayman, Doomguy, Dig Dug, Nightmare, Ivy, The Prince?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ughhhhhh.

I'm having difficulty beating the Tabuu spirit (even in World of Light, where you have Skills to mitigate the difficulty).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Right now I'm using Isaac (Dark Dawn) with Wedding Peach (Critical Health Healing) and Viridi (Metal Killer), but have also tried Elise (Auto-Heal) and Viridi. As for why I'm using Isaac specifically, he's my strongest Spirit with three slots, he actually ends up slightly stronger than Big Boss, my actual strongest Spirit (who also has Metal Killer natively).

I suppose I could use Big Boss combined with Viridi...

D

Deleted member

And they all can fight in Smashville this is truly a great game. Also Joker which is mind-blowing.

Whose next Master Cheif , Scorpion, Rayman, Doomguy, Dig Dug, Nightmare, Ivy, The Prince?
but but but but they're not nintendo and this is a nintendo crossover ONLY :(

Pakky

Smash Hero
but but but but they're not nintendo and this is a nintendo crossover ONLY :(
Wait, did I miss a joke?

Mortal Kombat will be on Nintendo and has been on Nintendo, as is or has been everything I listed except for Master Chief.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Haha, I was thinking of you when I typed his name, actually. :3
I like how whenever someone thinks of Professor Layton, They think of me
original (4).gif

But no for real, Ill go ****ing nuts is Layton got in smash, pls papa Sakurai. I rhink I lteraly slam my hand on tables. Joker was the first time a smash character made me stand up and yell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

people bashing no taunting on quickplay but they don't understand that nintendo is just trying to push the big brain strat of putting shield on dpad for faster mashing outta shield break/bury it's a 6000 iq move
Wait, did I miss a joke?

Mortal Kombat will be on Nintendo and has been on Nintendo, as is or has been everything I listed except for Master Chief.
its a joke poking fun at people who think that there are too many third-parties bc "it's a nintendo crossover only" or other dumb reasons

osby

Smash Obsessed
people bashing no taunting on quickplay but they don't understand that nintendo is just trying to push the big brain strat of putting shield on dpad for faster mashing outta shield break/bury it's a 6000 iq move
Taunting was just cosmetic, anyway, no idea why people made such a big deal out of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Taunting was just cosmetic, anyway, no idea why people made such a big deal out of it.
tbh it was fun to tilt people or style on fools after breaking their shield, now you have to teabag which is boring and style-less

like smash isn't about WINNING, its about sending a message

Pakky

Smash Hero
its a joke poking fun at people who think that there are too many third-parties bc "it's a nintendo crossover only" or other dumb reasons
I understand their frustrations however *sits down backwards in a chair* look, I barely know what a Persona is, and this man convinced to buy the fighter's pass. Third parties are amazing.

Imagine MK music in Smash?

I need a 'Come over here' in my life, I'm getting MK11 either way.

I hope they just finalize some of these female characters cuz only like three of them are solid all around.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Cause it was fun, and people enjoyed doing it. A lot of the personality from the characters comes from the taunts.

Some also had utility, such as Kirby's (used to remove hat), Luigi's kick, Snake's box, Greninja's water, K. Rool's belly slap

Pakky

Smash Hero

Johnny Noxville has some new gameplay.

(its NMH but Travis is based on Johnny, the more you know)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cause it was fun, and people enjoyed doing it. A lot of the personality from the characters comes from the taunts.

Some also had utility, such as Kirby's (used to remove hat), Luigi's kick, Snake's box, Greninja's water, K. Rool's belly slap
pretty sure you can still taunt in Arena

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Gotta say, it feels like Nintendo were five steps ahead of the game on us. Like, they knew what we'd think as soon as word of them choosing DLC characters for out, and they were counting on us to play ourselves into thinking corporate after past endeavors.

Crafty, to say the least.
Let’s just hope they didn’t set future expectations too high. I already saw tons of people claiming their character would get in because of this single out-of-left-field pick.

D

Deleted member

pretty sure you can still taunt in Arena
public arenas are kinda trash tho imo considering you have to wait in a line in a goddamn online game and taunting isn't worth waiting 3 min for a match when i could just hop on the (now fixed) quickplay to get a match or two in

I mean the max player count 2 arenas are fun but idk how to specifically search for them or if it's even possible to search for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom