• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

GAME:

4 DLC characters that would be the biggest surprises ever for Smash.
Easy to make a fake list of BS choices (Like Chef Boyardee & Richard Nixon), but a legitimate one? That's harder than you'd think. I could throw out names like Sora, Rayman, KOS-MOS, but after Joker made it, would they honestly be a 'big surprise'?

You'd need somebody recognizable (at the very least within their game series and genre, if not in gaming in general) and somebody who hasn't been predicted or 'leaked' a thousand times already. You couldn't use anybody from the Grinch Leak because so many people conditioned themselves to belive it, they're still waiting for any of them to be given through DLC. Same with Rayman; he's had a decent likelihood for awhile, so while it would be awesome, I wouldn't consider it a 'big surprise'.

My guesses would be something like:
A) Katamari Damacy
B) Laharl (Disgaea series)
C) Keita Amano (Yokai Watch)
D) Agumon (Due to an upcoming Digimon game, Digimon: Survive)

Enormous note, here: I'm not campaigning for any of these guys (though Laharal tossing Prinnies would be cool), but I could see all of them, due to current popularity of recent Switch games (NIS recently started bringing their games over and saying they'll bring their newer titles there; so they have Disgaea 5 and the newly released remaster of Disgaea 1), being possible, yet a 'big reveal'. You and a handful of others are the only ones really hoping/expecting Agumon, so it would be a surprise to pretty much everybody else and it is feasible (as much as I wouldn't actually care for it lol).

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Mostly sticking to Classic Mode has given me a rather unorthodox character unlock order. The only FE characters I have are Robin & Corrin and I unlocked Palutena before Pit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gotta say. I love that Smash is being more liberal with third parties.

In the past it focused on the old classics, but with Bayonetta and Joker, it's adding the rising stars.

Bayonetta and Joker will eventually become the Simon, Mega Man and Sonic of the newer generations and that's exciting to me.

D

Deleted member

In the past it focused on the old classics, but with Bayonetta and Joker, it's adding the rising stars.

Bayonetta and Joker will eventually become the Simon, Mega Man and Sonic of the newer generations and that's exciting to me.
That last statement feels a bit... presumptuous? None of us have any idea how these characters will be received in the future, none of us know what games they’re going to appear in next, none of us know which characters will be shelved. I’d say wait a bit before saying characters like Bayo and joker are the next Megaman and Sonic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just found out from the in game tips that Marth's F-Smash is called the "Dragon Killer". That is such a sick name. How did I never know that?

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Easy to make a fake list of BS choices (Like Chef Boyardee & Richard Nixon), but a legitimate one? That's harder than you'd think. I could throw out names like Sora, Rayman, KOS-MOS, but after Joker made it, would they honestly be a 'big surprise'?

You'd need somebody recognizable (at the very least within their game series and genre, if not in gaming in general) and somebody who hasn't been predicted or 'leaked' a thousand times already. You couldn't use anybody from the Grinch Leak because so many people conditioned themselves to belive it, they're still waiting for any of them to be given through DLC. Same with Rayman; he's had a decent likelihood for awhile, so while it would be awesome, I wouldn't consider it a 'big surprise'.

A) Katamari Damacy

Enormous note, here: I'm not campaigning for any of these guys (though Laharal tossing Prinnies would be cool), but I could see all of them, due to current popularity of recent Switch games (NIS recently started bringing their games over and saying they'll bring their newer titles there; so they have Disgaea 5 and the newly released remaster of Disgaea 1), being possible, yet a 'big reveal'. You and a handful of others are the only ones really hoping/expecting Agumon, so it would be a surprise to pretty much everybody else and it is feasible (as much as I wouldn't actually care for it lol).
Are you really trying to say Sora would not be a suprise? That’s not even close to being true. Most people in general just doubt him because they listen to leakers as if they are some kind of prophet. If Sora got in the game, it would be arguably one of the biggest surprises in smash history, especially when everyone thinks he isn’t going to happen.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I know that probably people already made this joke, but...
Robin and Joker are in Smash, Batman when?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention down taunt on Inkling does indeed make her say "Woomy".

Best timeline.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Funny how you make a game and say "Surprises"

They will troll everything , or put Goku.

Congratulations.

D

Deleted member

I JUST SAW THAT YOU CAN CONFIG A BUTTON TO BE A TILT ATTACK IN CONTROLS.

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS. I don't C-Stick my Smash attacks anyways, so I guess I know what I'm making my C-Stick bound to, lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't have the game, yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Now, I'm wondering if any of the characters will be first party. At first, even before Sakurai's statements, I figured they'd only have 1 or 2 third parties due to first parties being easier to get in. If I'm wrong about that, I've got no problems with it at all though. Can't wait to see who's next. Hopefully Ryu Hayabusa or something.

Or a Second Mega Man character, right guys.

I'm still listening to the We're the Robots remix. Someone send help.

D

Deleted member

I don't have the game, yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Now, I'm wondering if any of the characters will be first party. At first, even before Sakurai's statements, I figured they'd only have 1 or 2 third parties due to first parties being easier to get in. If I'm wrong about that, I've got no problems with it at all though. Can't wait to see who's next. Hopefully Ryu Hayabusa or something.

Or a Second Mega Man character, right guys.

I'm still listening to the We're the Robots remix. Someone send help.
Why would I send help, there doesn’t seem to be a problem.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
few hours in, and I'm getting my ass ****ed up by sigma possessed ganondorf

send help, i know how that streamer feels when using falcon against him (I'm using marth btw)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So you can put tilts on a separate button? Any other control options I need to know of?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You have to spam the fire button to shoot the credits rapidly after Classic mode.

Why Sakurai? Why must I keep tapping?

Do you want us to feel the pain that you experience making these games?`1

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You have to spam the fire button to shoot the credits rapidly after Classic mode.

Why Sakurai? Why must I keep tapping?

Do you want us to feel the pain that you experience making these games?`1
Proof that Yoko Taro is still the king of credits minigames.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's an extended version of Ice Man's Theme.

I REALLY like this one too. Since I'm not too into the original, but the remix makes me appreciate it.

Graizen

Smash Champion

A) Katamari Damacy

You said Agumon.
Im happy.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
If there's one thing that we've learned from watching that Joker reveal trailer on the 2018 game awards, it's that the rest of the other DLC characters are going to be from games that are brand new to the Smash Series, as confirmed by Reggie. Meaning that characters such as Gino or Waddle Dee will unfortunately not be part of the 4 new DLC characters as they are from gaming series that have already been involved in Smash Bros.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Bayonetta will maybe become big, but Joker is sadly a one-off who will be relegated to spinoffs from now on. Unless they pull a Final Fantasy and make a Persona V-2.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I really hope we get more teasers like how Joker was revealed, Maybe put them at the end of smash directs or something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bayonetta will maybe become big, but Joker is sadly a one-off who will be relegated to spinoffs from now on. Unless they pull a Final Fantasy and make a Persona V-2.
I'm glad honestly.
P5 like all Atlus games is a story that had a definite beginning and end.
No reason to extend a story beyond what's necessary.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hold up now, where's that user/insider who said all the DLC characters originated from before 2014 gone to?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We kind of need his Stock icon for that but we didn't even get his character art yet
But why since we know what he looks like outside of Smash. I feel a reveal is more then enough to have one made now. Then again I never played Persona and maybe he appears in different clothing throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom