• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr

Smash Lord
If WoL didn't have unlockable music, I wouldn't be doing it. Enjoyed the first 4 hours, but it didn't really develop into anything new and I still have half a map to work through. It's too bad.

D

Deleted member

So for y'all using GC controllers, you notice any input lag? I've seen a ton of people on reddit complaining about it, but it feels no different than Smash 4 to me.

D

Deleted member

Technically, Joker works as a representation of Atlus in general.

And that company became worth of having Smash representation since the NES era (Shin Megami Tensei).

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I really doubt they switched announcements as that’s double work for them. It’s more likely he got baited and they kept a real tight lip about Joker. This way it’s cheaper and they send the fan base on a wild goose chase. As far as I’m aware Hitagi does not seem to be in Japan and Vergeben is in Germany. All other leakers are also not Japanese from what iv seen. And given what you said that it’s social suicide to leak stuff I doubt it. It’s more likely Nintendo and Square knew the West would be the leakers. So they scattered a bunch of false information to throw in everyone off. While people were distracted with this they could keep working on their secret reveals. And I would be surprised if we continue to get fake leaks to throw us off. It’s a really smart strategy if you think about it . It’s the classic attack your enemy with the main force in the front who’s a distraction, while your elites attack from behind.
I see no double work here since things were already decided. I'll just point that Sakurai as usual, says a lot of things. He said that they'll start working on DLCs after the game is done, that could be true but, them tweeting things "are" decided by Nintendo later on, was far from the truth. That full animation bit reveal trailer would no way take less than 2 months to make. Meaning, thing were decided way before that tweet. Every cry now is just an echo in the air, it keeps us entertained, but it's changing nothing.. well, it'll show some demand at least.

No leaks from SEGA cause no one was asking for a new rep from that company. The animation could've been done by a studio not related to SEGA too. So I think it was pretty easy on SEGA. Everyone were pointing to Square and Nintendo, no one thought to look for other companies. This trend might continue according to Reggie.

It's not going to be a fun ride without leakers to be honest, but yeah don't expect much from Japan. It's as you put it, a social suicide.
The question however that I still don't have an answer for, Why Persona? is there's a switch exclusive or something? Am I missing something? The game had most of its life on Sony (Good point for Sora btw). I still don't get why Persona. It's popular enough in Japan, anything else?

Also btw, did you get your game? I had it but then went Monster Boy. We decided to take later on.. sigh

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So he's getting his game ported to the Switch too in the future? :p Cause as of now, Cloud's got some Nintendo real estate.
Is your argument that in the future additional third party new comers require some kind of connection to Nintendo?

Because with the context of Cloud and especially Joker I believe that assessment to be complete bull****

Seriously this is the kind of point I expect from speculation period

D

Deleted member

Is your argument that in the future additional third party new comers require some kind of connection to Nintendo?

Because with the context of Cloud and especially Joker I believe that assessment to be complete bull****

Seriously this is the kind of point I expect from speculation period
Joker is in Persona Q2 already anyway.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Well, reguardless, I have a feeling that we shouldn't trust leakers anymore with smash dlc, and throw everything we thought we knew out the window

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Technically, Joker works as a representation of Atlus in general.

And that company became worth of having Smash representation since the NES era (Shin Megami Tensei).
That'd be Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei is SNES and forward.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I accidentally got to 9.9 when I did classic the first time.

My Yoshi is better than I thought.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Joker is in Persona Q2 already anyway.
And that gives him about as much connection to Nintendo as Cloud had when he got into Smash

Which is basically none all things considered

It's open season people. Any third party can get it if they're popular enough they don't need tiny spin off appearances on Nintendo consoles

D

Deleted member

That'd be Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei is SNES and forward.
My mistake.

But yes, Atlus deserved a rep in any form, and Joker works great.

It's open season people. Any third party can get it if they're popular enough they don't need tiny spin off appearances on Nintendo consoles
**Crash Bandicoot intensifies**

Last edited by a moderator:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Unfortunately, throwing away our knowledge of dlc also means throwing away knowledge of geno, steve, and several others.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Nah brah. Though to be fair, the two have been on Ninty titles anyway before, so I don't get your beef here.

Besides, that fan-made rule is ******** to begin with.

D

Deleted member

Just unlocked Ice Climbers, how the hell are they so strong lol
The Challenger Approaching fight for them was actually kind of tough, lol. Little buggers look like they could be nasty; I'll have to give 'em a go in a little bit.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Nah brah. Though to be fair, the two have been on Ninty titles anyway before, so I don't get your beef here.

Besides, that fan-made rule is ******** to begin with.
My beef is that people bringing up those tiny ass Nintendo appearances as if they are the straw that broke the camel's back.

They were the golden path way through which previously impossible characters like Joker were able to get onto Nintendo

Because EGAD, small spin off appearance was good enough for Sakurai

Q2 is not ****ing RELEVANT. Just as most of Cloud's spin off appearances were not relevant. Both characters are still NOT majorly connected to Nintendo, at least not in any meaningful way.

But they both still got in

Cause they popular

and anyone can get in if they popular

Except Goku, **** that

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Maybe so, but its pretty much the hallmark of both those series gameplay and has been for a long time now. I'm curious as to why you thought it may be different. All platformers and RPGS in general are like that. There's still plenty of genres left (Shooters, Sports titles, Simulations, Horror/Survival), but few (if any) are actually on Nintendo, so with one 1 game not being enough for you to buy the system, why would you be here to begin with?
Does any character define RTS better than Sarrah Kerrigan: Queen of Blades?

D

Deleted member

I wonder if people expected me to like Joker’s inclusion.

I would understand that some could imagine me upset for not being Crash, but in reality i am fine with most of the requested characters here.

D

Deleted member

Also i'm in ****ing love with this game
Mario Odyssey slipped from my #1 to my #2 game. I haven't even gone outside regular Smash mode yet and the game's already my top game of all time.

Did you get Inkling yet? What do you think of them if you have?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think it's cool how every fighter has their own classic mode credits.

K Rool's better be Gangplank Galleon.
(Don't tell me I wanna be surprised.)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
This might be a dumb complaint to some, but I don't like how the challenge board has online-exclusive challenges with Spirits locked behind them. Is there another way to get hammers other than completing other challenges? Because right now it doesn't look like there will be enough hammers to clear every online challenge.

I don't have the online service so I would be slightly annoyed if there was no other way to get them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"Joker made a miniscule appearance on a Nintendo system so okay yeah let's let him in Smash because we can port his actual big game in the future even though we're basically advertising Sony right now and people who have a PS4 have no reason to buy a Switch if they're interested in Persona."

Are y'all trying to turn Joker into a shill character or something...?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mario Odyssey slipped from my #1 to my #2 game. I haven't even gone outside regular Smash mode yet and the game's already my top game of all time.

Did you get Inkling yet? What do you think of them if you have?
Yeah, she's unlocked.

She's really fun to play, but also kinda complicated. She's not that heavy either, I usually favor heavy characters who hit hard.
She's still a ton of fun though, I really wanna get good with her.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
And that gives him about as much connection to Nintendo as Cloud had when he got into Smash

Which is basically none all things considered

I don't know how you can claim they don't need third party appearances on Nintendo consoles when the characters that spawned this thought process DO have appearances on them.

D

Deleted member

Ugh I'm finally home so I can play Ultimate! See yall when i unlocl all the characters

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I don't know how you can claim they don't need third party appearances on Nintendo consoles when the characters that spawned this thought process DO have appearances on them.
Cause I don't actually think those appearances were reason for their inclusion :v

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I wonder if people expected me to like Joker’s inclusion.

I would understand that some could imagine me upset for not being Crash, but in reality i am fine with most of the requested characters here.
I mean, you still have 4 more chances for Crash to get in. Getting upset now would be preemptive

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Joker made a miniscule appearance on a Nintendo system so okay yeah let's let him in Smash because we can port his actual big game in the future even though we're basically advertising Sony right now and people who have a PS4 have no reason to buy a Switch if they're interested in Persona."

Are y'all trying to turn Joker into a shill character or something...?
We're all trying to come up with a reason why Joker has a reason to be in Ultimate when the reason is probably as simple as "He's ****in cool."
And hey that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom