• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
At long last, I managed to unlock all the characters entirely through VS matches. Top 5 hardest matches were Dedede, Roy, Chrom, Mac, and Wolf, in order.

Also my hands hurt really bad from playing so much.

Anyone else got all the characters yet?

D

Deleted member

So I know this is super off-topic, but I went to my local game store and found this game called Smash Bros Ultimate. Apparently the game just came out today, but it looked interesting so on a whim I bought it. Here’s the cover.
DADF34CF-D40F-4758-BBE5-A4BA82063678.jpeg
Sorry for that little tangent. Continue discussing whatever you were talking about PlayStationAll-StarsBoards.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And I know they're not biased against Westerns, else they wouldn't have slapped Banjo-Kazooie onto an N64 box alongside Mario, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong, all standing in spotlights, and, well, they wouldn't be working with Western companies in the first place, which they do even today, lending Donkey Kong and Metroid to Western developers, and we've never heard of such a bias from insiders.

Also, Sakurai considered Banjo-Kazooie for Smash 64, and even Melee before Rare was bought out by Microsoft which made legal stuffs a big problem at the time.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Made a bee-line towards unlocking inkling
we're in it now boys

(inkling is harder than i thought which makes this fun)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jesus, This game feels weird to play
It's no Smash 4 that's for sure.

I'm also just pleasantly surprised that CPU's for the most part seem smart.

Though I did have a R.O.B. when I started playing Samus's classic mode just sit in a corner waiting for me to come to him and fall to my death on one of the Metroid stages. He didn't come to me until the stage flipped back around. That was a bit.......different.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
alright everybody I'm sorry, I am a K.Rool Main now.

He's just... actually really good???!?!?

He has both a down tilt and a down throw that just... buries opponents???they made him so good

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I think I madr B jump in all my smash games and thats why it feels so off

It's no Smash 4 that's for sure.

I'm also just pleasantly surprised that CPU's for the most part seem smart.

Though I did have a R.O.B. when I started playing Samus's classic mode just sit in a corner waiting for me to come to him and fall to my death on one of the Metroid stages. He didn't come to me until the stage flipped back around. That was a bit.......different.
It sure plays differently from Smash 4. There is this weird weight when I jump that I cant put my finger on

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had to get an avatar for Joker. I know nothing about this character but I intend to pick up his game soon.

Plus I'm a sucker for Isabelle being buds with all the Smash cast.

D

Deleted member

Some initial thoughts on characters I currently have unlocked (unlocking them through VS. matches ATM):

:ultinkling:: EVERYTHING I HOPED THEY'D BE. Seriously, they are so satisfying to play. Their aerials seem really powerful when they connect, especially Up Air!
:ultkrool:: Seems really, really good. Up Smash is way better than expected, and Down Throw could lead to some crazy things in the right hands.
:ultmario:: Waaaaay different than what I'm used to in Smash 4, but I like him. Trying to relearn him is gonna be fun.
:ultyoshi:: Only tried him out once so far, but he's looking like a potential secondary for me, maybe even main depending on how things go. I like him a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Man I forgot how annoying it can be to do tilt attacks. Feels like it’s impossible to do an f-tilt.

D

Deleted member

Is there a Kid Dracula 3D model in Ultimate?

The NintenZone doesn’t want to answer me that,

Last edited by a moderator:

segillav

Smash Apprentice
So I'm playing Classic Mode until I unlock Palutena. It's gonna take a while but it'll be worth it. The method for the Challengers Approaching mode that seems to work for me is to just spam smash attacks with Bowser.
lmao same thing happened to me. Brinstar Depths just has a weird layout.

D

Deleted member

This game plays nothing like Smash 4. It's its own thing IMO, and so far I'm really liking it. Game feels like a solid middle ground between Melee and 4's speed. Really liking the new input for short hops, all though tilts feel a little finicky. Tilts aside, inputs in general do feel a lot crisper and more precise than 4, which I like a lot.

K. Rool's tilts are BONKERS. Also, CPU is surprisingly very decent! Even on level 5 they seem pretty competent when they're characters like Ness and Yoshi. Makes me wonder what 9s are like, lol.

D

Deleted member

With Mario’s wedding outfit, the Belmonts, Joker and Captain Falcon we can now have Jojo representation in Smash.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Last game I didn't care about any of the newcomers. This time I swear Sakurai is using my wishlist as a reference! All my most wanted are getting in one after another. This is so much more exciting than smash 4!

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Anyways after Reggie's statement we should move on from new reps for current series...

I will now start yelling for Kiryu to be in Smash because he needs to be in Smash

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well.. some said he didn't have any info beyond the base roster. He seemed so sure of it though. Maybe they switched DLCs announcements in purpose. But yeah all shot in one reveal. Oh boy, this is going to be one looooong year, unless they reveal the rest soon, I'm still not considering until so.

How do you know none of them were Japanese? Besides, they better not be, because they'll be easier to track down. Also, it's unlikely, Japanese don't take their jobs lightly. A leak is similar to an act of treason. It's an end of a life way not a career.

So Reggie says New To The Series and Not Anticipated. That to me seems like a big no Geno and no Sephiroth. What do you think?
I really doubt they switched announcements as that’s double work for them. It’s more likely he got baited and they kept a real tight lip about Joker. This way it’s cheaper and they send the fan base on a wild goose chase. As far as I’m aware Hitagi does not seem to be in Japan and Vergeben is in Germany. All other leakers are also not Japanese from what iv seen. And given what you said that it’s social suicide to leak stuff I doubt it. It’s more likely Nintendo and Square knew the West would be the leakers. So they scattered a bunch of false information to throw in everyone off. While people were distracted with this they could keep working on their secret reveals. And I would not be surprised if we continue to get fake leaks to throw us off. It’s a really smart strategy if you think about it . It’s the classic attack your enemy with the main force in the front who’s a distraction, while your elites attack from behind.

Last edited:

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
Guys the com in ultimate are acting weird. i saw plenty of them suicide in a match. i hope they fix this in a future update. it's really bad. did it happen to u?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Joker...

What...
The...

Piranha Plant and Joker proves one thing to me.
Anyone can be in Smash now.
I mean Joker is hardly the most out-of-there third party in Smash.

Anyways after Reggie's statement we should move on from new reps for current series...

I will now start yelling for Kiryu to be in Smash because he needs to be in Smash
I'll bring my megaphone.

D

Deleted member

Oooooooof I just lost to Pit in his Challenger Approaching.

He wasn't even hard, I just choked big time lol.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Smash Ultimate (JOKER IS IN!!!)
Avengers Endgame
Crash Team Racing
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Spider Man Far From Home tomorrow
Mortal Kombat 11

Y'all, I can't even deal today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate (JOKER IS IN!!!)
Avengers Endgame
Crash Team Racing
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Spider Man Far From Home tomorrow
Mortal Kombat 11

Y'all, I can't even deal today.
I can deal everything.
Except the middle finger that is Ultimate Alliance 3.

I boycotted MvC:I for the lack of X-Men stuff back in the day, and i will do the same with UA3 if they dare to scrap any Fantastic Four content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom