• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Did we agree on putting the winner' avatar? Not sure but I think we didn't disclose what we'll do if we both lost :)
Also, don't you want to wait.. although proven a bit wrong, Vergeben says there will be a Square rep. So, what do you say?

Also, what's your opinion on Joker? My friend is a die-hard Persona fan. I'm not that knowledgeable of the series but I know its good. So I'm not mad, but kinda disheartened. especially after Reggie's words.. sigh.. how can a 50+ game series not have a consideration is beyond me T^T
At this point I would not listen to information Vergeben has released regarding Square. He said for sure our first DLC character was going to be a Square Rep. It’s clear at this point that the information he got a hold of was Square bait. I have to admit as I analyzed it more and more the pieces did not fit. Square very rarely let’s anything slip, and it’s odd we knew the seven contenders for a Square Rep, yet no leaks whatsoever regarding KH3. Which would come out before the DLC character and would be easier to leak. If I’m not mistaken no one knew Cloud was coming either in Smash Wii U that’s why his reveal was such a surprise. So this fits that almost no one will know the real details regarding a Square Rep unless they are really high up the ladder. Also we had no Japanese leakers or Japanese insiders. Which is odd, considering it would be easier for them to leak information given their family members might be working on the game.

I still think logically we will get another Square and Bandai Namco Rep. As that way all of the older 3rd parties each have two. And given Square’s love of cross promotion I do not see them turning away from this despite their stinginess. We have to keep in mind all insiders and leakers up to this point were wrong. So it’s a DLC that’s really up for free grabs. As Nintendo shocked everyone by choosing a game character that’s not even on a Nintendo console. And that was Nintendo’s pick this speaks huge volumes of what they will do later on.

I’m not familiar with the character, but I was so shocked at his inclusion he won me over from pure shock alone. I knew there was going to be a DLC reveal it made way too much sense marketing wise, to increase DLC sales. Also if you combined all the tweets surrounding the VGA’s and Smash it’s clear they formed a pattern and really increased DLC chances. The whole thing of his reveal though I’m just so shocked all insiders and leakers were shot down in one reveal.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
isabelle is a trash tier waifu anyways tbh zelda all the way
To each their own. If people think she's trash tier, that's fine. If they think she's god tier, that's fine too. I'm not one to judge people's fantasies. I say you do you

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe. Maybe Sakurai shared brief suggestions when Nintendo was in the process of creating the list, sort of a group project in a sense.

I mean, the possibility of Nintendo's staff deciding on adding Joker to the list prior to Sakurai is there I guess, but I do not think Nintendo would come up with the idea. Without Sakurai to consult on developing the list, they would probably be sticking to primarily Nintendo newcomers for DLC choices And sure, Nintendo probably know that guest fighters would sell as DLC, but I don't think they would reach to the niche extent of choosing a Persona character. The idea that Nintendo chose Joker does not line up with me.
I mean, Nintendo wants DLC to make profit. Joker is a popular character from a smaller company.

It's not implausible to think Nintendo suggested him.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I just realized, Joker is voiced by Jun Fukuyama.

Now we can have Super David Vincent Bros. vs Super Jun Fukuyama Bros.!
Not without hacks, since the former's only in the English language setting and the latter's only in the Japanese one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I'm feeling pretty good about Crash's chances.

D

Deleted member

To each their own. If people think she's trash tier, that's fine. If they think she's god tier, that's fine too. I'm not one to judge people's fantasies. I say you do you
listen fam

compared to zelda, everyone is trash tier

except for richter that mans is multiverse tier goddamn u see them biceps

D

Deleted member

It's okay if people don't like Isabelle. It's completely understandable. Everyone's got different tastes
I guess so... :3
I would post something to convince people that Isabelle IS the better waifu, but I'm still at 5 points soooo...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I mean, Nintendo wants DLC to make profit. Joker is a popular character from a smaller company.

It's not implausible to think Nintendo suggested him.
Assuming DLC characters were decided post 2016, maybe since Joker's demand for his presence in Smash grew at the time of P5's Western release.
Prior to the end of 2016, Nintendo likely would not have suggested Joker.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I mean I'm shocked the new most likely might be this

Joker
Crash bandicoot
Sans
Mortal kombat ninjas (scorpion with browser Jr treatment in alts)
Steve

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean I'm shocked the new most likely might be this

Joker
Crash bandicoot
Sans
Mortal kombat ninjas (scorpion with browser Jr treatment in alts)
Steve
Actually I think the most likely are:
Joker
Who the *** knows
Who the *** knows
Who the *** knows
Who the *** knows

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Assuming DLC characters were decided post 2016, maybe since Joker's demand for his presence in Smash grew at the time of P5's Western release.
Prior to the end of 2016, Nintendo likely would not have suggested Joker.
Basically. Joker headshots the belief that DLC characters were mostly/entirely chosen alongside the base roster and reinforces the belief that Nintendo's going to go for recent, popular characters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Basically. Joker headshots the belief that DLC characters were mostly/entirely chosen alongside the base roster and reinforces the belief that Nintendo's going to go for recent, popular characters.
Nah, you see, it makes Crash and Banjo more likely because somethingsomething

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
unless he went back on his word about characters needing to originate from a video game, then no, goku still has no chance
Sakurai makes a regular habit of going back on his word, especially when it comes to setting expectations for new characters.

Truly, the biggest flaw anyone makes in leak arguments is fan rules. Sakurai sets trends almost explicitly so he can break them - it's how he keeps surprising us. In other words, Goku's chances aren't zero - they're inevitable.

D

Deleted member

Man, I am really enjoying the artwork coming out for Joker in Smash now lol. Take a look at this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom