• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yeah... the "Spirits deconfirm characters" theory, is really the main thing holding her (and a lot of the 1st party candidates) back. Hopefully we'll get some confirmation sometime soon on whether or not it's true.

I personally don't subscribe to it (never have), but I can see why some people are inclined to believe it.
Sadly the main reason why i Think we may not have Xenoblade Chronicles X music is because Sawano is famous enough to maybe keep the rights of the OST, and needed to be paid for Sakurai to use them :/

Still.. if Elma brings me XBCX OST and a XBCX Stage, i'm all for her! :D

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Incineroar was always the Gen 7 starter I wanted the most. But now i feel kind of bad because pf how many people wanted Decidueye. Maybe there's still a future for Sceptile

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Since I’m not super invested in a lot of the potential DLC, I think in my head I’ve got a more sensible idea of how I’ll react tomorrow.
If there is an announcement, I wouldn’t be shocked, it makes sense.
If there isn’t an announcement? Also wouldn’t be shocked. Could totally see the tweet just being a hype up for ultimate releasing that night at midnight.

I do think if it’s a reveal, it’ll either be a huge 3rd party...OR they’re announce the whole fighter pack/a tease for it
I feel like it would sell more if a majority of the population saw at least one character they really loved out of the 5, instead of just waiting for a character that could potentially make them buy it.
(Or discourage people from buying it completely if it stinks hehe)

Untouch

Smash Master
Amazon isn't ****ing shipping to me until next week.
Why do I even trust them anymore? Preordering using Amazon Prime is clearly worthless to them.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Bayonetta became a symbol for the problems with Smash 4 which also had nothing to do Bayonetta's character itself rather how the context of her inclusion ended up turning out at the time.
Bayonetta got the Bread AND the butter.
Hated before her release.
Hated after her release.

Both for different reason.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I used to get offended on a deep, spiritual level when people said they didn't like Incineroar, now? I don't even care.

He's in, and people the world over are gonna see just why I like him. I can play him from now until the end of time. That's all that matters now.
Let me try you.

Incineroar sux.

U MAD BRO? xD

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since I’m not super invested in a lot of the potential DLC, I think in my head I’ve got a more sensible idea of how I’ll react tomorrow.
If there is an announcement, I wouldn’t be shocked, it makes sense.
If there isn’t an announcement? Also wouldn’t be shocked. Could totally see the tweet just being a hype up for ultimate releasing that night at midnight.

I do think if it’s a reveal, it’ll either be a huge 3rd party...OR they’re announce the whole fighter pack/a tease for it
I feel like it would sell more if a majority of the population saw at least one character they really loved out of the 5, instead of just waiting for a character that could potentially make them buy it.
(Or discourage people from buying it completely if it stinks hehe)
I do not think the next DLC fighter is going to be announced until February or March (after Piranha Plant is released). I think if there is a general Nintendo Direct in January that might be an opportunity to announce the next fighter as well.

If there is a major Nintendo announcement tomorrow, I expect it probably either a first peak at Metroid Prime 4 or the announcement of some sort of title (maybe a HD remaster).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
At this point everyone I wanted is either an assist trophy or a spirit so I have no expectations going into the DLC, I'm basically just along for the ride honestly.

The only exception is Sora and I don't see him ever getting in, if he does my facial expression will accurately resemble my avatar.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I have no problem with Incineroar. I always thought he made sense for Smash and I'm fine with him. I'm not really gonna play him much, but I have no problem with him. I didn't really want any Pokémon in this game though, because I don't play as Pokémon in Smash, but I wasn't against him

D

Deleted member

Frankly Incineroar became a symbol of the Box Theory which upset a lot of people and he kind became a symbol of something that had nothing to do with the character itself kind of like Bayonetta became a symbol for the problems with Smash 4 which also had nothing to do Bayonetta's character itself rather how the context of her inclusion ended up turning out at the time.
Nah, a lot of people just really don't like Incineroar's design because he goes from "cute cat" to "BIPEDAL TIGER WRESTLER". The final evolution having nothing to do with the previous two Pokemon in the line is a problem for all three gen 7 starters in general, really, Incineroar just had it the worst because of previous burnout (ha) from the similarly-styled Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar after it seemed like the trend was broken with Delphox.
I'm fine with him myself, but I can understand where the dislike comes from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Incineroar is super cool. I love him.

This would work if I didn't constantly put down Geno's chances myself
Check my post history if you want
Don't need to. I actually read this thread before posting. Usually.

Kinda unrelated, but MVCi’s dlc characters were so cool(mostly). Venom and Montser hunter were really neat with fun playstyles, and of course my absolute GUY Sigma was a highlight as well, g’night.
Honestly the MVCI DLC is all I know about MonHun and it makes me want her in. She's neato.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I just want some Three Houses info. Anything, anything at all Nintendo. I neeeeeds it

I’ll also accept SMT V info

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
It is kinda sad that Incineroar is not really well liked, considering he is meant as a memento for that voice actor. Too bad the last direct didn't really do him much favors in boosting his popularity. Incredibly bad that Grinch leaks turns Incineroar into the enemy for some Team Real people (not accusing anyone here).

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sure, almost any Pokémon could have been added, but you have to admit Incineroar fits the feel of Smash too much, and just worked. Again, almost any could have, but Incineroar definitely had many qualifying traits that went in his favor.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
He's my 2nd favorite Pokemon after Pikachu. Yes, Pikachu. But I'm honestly more hyped for Ice Climbers.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If there is a major Nintendo announcement tomorrow, I expect it probably either a first peak at Metroid Prime 4 or the announcement of some sort of title (maybe a HD remaster).
I mean, let's be honest.
Everyone and their mother know that it's going to happens now tomorrow.

But will Nintendo really go to the VGA with JUST Metroid? That's a good question now :4pacman:

Last time, they went with BOTH Zelda DLC and Bayonetta 3+Remaster 1/2 So who knows.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It is kinda sad that Incineroar is not really well liked, considering he is meant as a memento for that voice actor. Too bad the last direct didn't really do him much favors in boosting his popularity. Incredibly bad that Grinch leaks turns Incineroar into the enemy for some Team Real people (not accusing anyone here).
Now me on the other hand
I'm definitely accusing some of y'all here
Being mad that my big boy deconfirmed Grinch Leak

SMH

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
People will get over it in no time.

Unless he’s broken like Smash4 Bayo

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I was definitely in the Decidueye/Mimikyu camp and never liked Incineroar that much. Well, I still don't really like Incineroar that much. But whatever he brings something new to the table and we'll eventually end up with at least 75 characters to choose from.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Incineroar is super cool. I love him.

Don't need to. I actually read this thread before posting. Usually.

Honestly the MVCI DLC is all I know about MonHun and it makes me want her in. She's neato.
The MVCI monster Hunter deserves to be in a better fighting game, I like her.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sure, almost any Pokémon could have been added, but you have to admit Incineroar fits the feel of Smash too much, and just worked. Again, almost any could have, but Incineroar definitely had many qualifying traits that went in his favor.
It's funny, he always seemed like the obvious choice to me but I guess that's because I loved him ever since the concept art for SuMo leaked. I'm a wrestler myself so that appeals to me and the entire Litten line is fun and cute. Plus I saw him everywhere. It just made more sense than anyone else except maybe Mimikyu.

Mimikyu would've been just as cool but I became a ride or die Incin boy after Mimikyu was deconfirmed.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Just realized that Smash 4 came out only 4 years ago. Feels like it's been a lot longer than that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's funny, he always seemed like the obvious choice to me but I guess that's because I loved him ever since the concept art for SuMo leaked. I'm a wrestler myself so that appeals to me and the entire Litten line is fun and cute. Plus I saw him everywhere. It just made more sense than anyone else except maybe Mimikyu.

Mimikyu would've been just as cool but I became a ride or die Incin boy after Mimikyu was deconfirmed.
O **** Flyboy a wrestler?? Lore!!

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
Nah, a lot of people just really don't like Incineroar's design because he goes from "cute cat" to "BIPEDAL TIGER WRESTLER". The final evolution having nothing to do with the previous two Pokemon in the line is a problem for all three gen 7 starters in general, really, Incineroar just had it the worst because of previous burnout (ha) from the similarly-styled Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar after it seemed like the trend was broken with Delphox.
I'm fine with him myself, but I can understand where the dislike comes from.
The comments on the pokemon subreddit were hilarious before S&M came out and we knew the 1st stage before the final ones. And I quote:

"FIRE CAT DON'T YOU DARE STAND UP!"

Aaaaaaaand what's he do? stand up! lmao

Noipoi

Howdy!

You're a god damn wrestler? That's rad!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I was and still am banking on Final Evolution Grass starter for Smash. Maybe we need it to gain the Dark type to be in Smash? Worked for Kermit the French Ninja and Hobbes the Pro Wrestler over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom