• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, it's basically Yuri vs Lloyd peeps.

Hope they go with Lloyd. Yuri is too anime ''Are you a guy or a girl" for me.
Clearly you haven't heard his incredibly masculine voice.

You're kind of proving my point from earlier though. If this is the biggest "shill" pick in the running right now, would anyone really be mad?
People would complain about anime swordsmen.

D

Deleted member

Man I hope it’s Lloyd. Dunno much about him, but I’ve always seem people want him and he looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

beans

Smash Lord
He said the L/Boomer character is competing with the Y/Shill character, as in competing for the slot. No way they would use 2 of the 5 DLC slots for one series.
Characters are in the running for different spots, Yuri would be the shill, Lloyd would be the boomer.
I believe its still up who gets in and take its respective slot.

D

Deleted member

Wait did Fatmanonice just confirm that slots exist for characters outside of Pokemon?

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
No he’s still creditable

What happened was his most creditable source said the Minecraft content was a boss but all bosses were found in the data dig none of them were ender dragon nor wither

But verge was aware of the dig and he had no clue why his most creditable said this despite the dig

Logically it’s a dlc pack/update for smash ultimate
Im honestly gonna conclude that its gonna be a stand alone Minecraft stage with a Enderdragon boss. The reason for this is because there are 5 dlc characters coming with stages and 6 empty stage slots at the bottom of the stage select screen. It would be similar to when the Miiverse stage was an update in Smash 4, or when they released the Mario Maker stage.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Okay, like, I get it. Gotta keep the trust going within the circle and whatever, but... I can't do another vague song and dance about characters. It's really annoying.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Characters are in the running for different spots, Yuri would be the shill, Lloyd would be the boomer.
I believe its still up who gets in and take its respective slot.
Oh, I see. Thought you were saying both would get in.

I haven't played the series personally, but would rather see Lloyd I guess.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
As long as a Tales character gets in. It'll be fine. Hoping this means that the 17th Tales game will be a new age for the series.

beans

Smash Lord
Yo does Yuri have any reason to get a white haired alt?
I want to have a matching character of Griffith for Ike Guts alt.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Gonna be honest. I'd be pretty disappointed if we get Yuri and Lloyd. I really don't care about the characters nor am I interested in the Tales of games. Combine that with the Square rep being someone from DQ and that's my worst timeline.

beans

Smash Lord
The **** is a boomer?
Genereation of people, like gen Z, X millenial and all that stuff.

Oh, I see. Thought you were saying both would get in.

I haven't played the series personally, but would rather see Lloyd I guess.
Thats why Fatmanonice said they were competing
No way they would go for 2 reps of the same franchise on the same pack.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You guys, we're forgetting one of the most shill picks ever:

THE PIMP HIMSELF, YU NARUKAMI

Everyone loves Persona 4 according to Atlus, so I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Persona 4 Golden (or another remake of it) ported to Switch.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don't think Yuri's likely.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

—The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?

Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?

—For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]

Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Lol...at this point I’m kinda hoping there’s at least one female DLC character. Look I GET IT wanting a character based on their sex IS A BAD REASON...
But sometimes, as a gay guy, you just want to play as a fabulous lady and clack around in their heels or something LOL.

But ANYWAY this dlc talk is interesting seems like we are getting closer to finding out who the 5 are:-3

I hope no one is trolling or tricking us hehe!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure you see all the hunters escape the planet afterwards.
No, you don't. You see Gorea impale all the hunters through the chest, suck out their innards then at the end lights leave the place. I've beaten both games with the true endings. Link to Nintendo confirming it or it didn't happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It’s a meme. Means anything above like, 25 years old, usually 30. In this case it means Lloyd is wanted by older people.
It's not a meme. It's referring to the generation known as "baby boomers."

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
maybe you guys are looking bad at the name and haven't considered that the picks could be Lowell Yuri and Yrving Lloyd?

wait a minute....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Genereation of people, like gen Z, X millenial and all that stuff.

Thats why Fatmanonice said they were competing
No way they would go for 2 reps of the same franchise on the same pack.
You are thinking of Zoomer

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Again, it's not 100% verified but it lines up with the current Intel and Sakurai saying that Heihachi would be too difficult to make work in Smash. Both are fan favorites while one is more recognizable by older Nintendo and Western fans so it's like choosing cake or pie over putting a gun in your mouth.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't think we should base whatever choice on Sakurai's interview when the DLC selection was made by Nintendo.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Everyone loves Persona 4 according to Atlus, so I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Persona 4 Golden (or another remake of it) ported to Switch.
You know I never thought of that possibility.

Sephiroth/DQ/Crono(Square Enix)
Lloyd(Namco)
Yu Narukami(Sega)
Monster Hunter(Capcom)
Banjo/Steve(Microsoft)

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I am going to wait for more information. Guessing names based on a single letter is basically shooting in the darkness. A shame that this is the info we get, I would prefer the companies that are getting DLC than a single letter. Oh well, I suppose we have to work with what we get….

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, you don't. You see Gorea impale all the hunters through the chest, suck out their innards then at the end lights leave the place. I've beaten both games with the true endings. Link to Nintendo confirming it or it didn't happen.
Well, in Metroid Prime 3 but more specifically Federation Force, Sylux is alive

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

lol yes, Yu would be amazing fighter and fanart wise

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just going to point out that anything Tekken/Soul Calibur is unlikely due to Sakurai's public statement about how difficult it was for him to even figure a moveset for Heihachi.

Both games have a very odd, but popular engine that is probably extremely hard to replicate for Smash in a decent way. So as much as I would want Heihachi or Yoshimitsu, they may be unlikely due to this.

Thus is probably between Lloyd or Yuri, both of which have their merits going for them, on top of considering that Tales is a massively popular franchise in Japan and is pretty well known in the west.

Leakers or not, it just seems like we are getting something Square Enix related and Bamco related (likely Tales of more specifically) in the least, with something Microsoft related possibly happening as well.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Oh ****, time for the leakers to

REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Lol...at this point I’m kinda hoping there’s at least one female DLC character. Look I GET IT wanting a character based on their sex IS A BAD REASON...
But sometimes, as a gay guy, you just want to play as a fabulous lady and clack around in their heels or something LOL.

But ANYWAY this dlc talk is interesting seems like we are getting closer to finding out who the 5 are:-3

I hope no one is trolling or tricking us hehe!!!
As a gay guy myself, eh. I don't care much for wanting a character just because of their sex. I'm curious about their gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom