• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It’s Duon. The Y being ‘split’ down the middle represents the two halves of Duon.
This joke is probs getting old. Know idea who it could be.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only character I can think of with a "Y" right now created before 2014 and with an unreleased game is Yuri Lowell...
But that's ANOTHER Tales of Characters.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
We have Link

We have Young Link

We have Zelda

now we have

Young Zelda!

Rizen

Smash Legend
He was confirmed to be in the 100% ending of MP3
I've beaten it 100% and didn't remember him so I had to look it up on youtube. So Nintendo confirmed that ship to be Sylux's? That makes sense, I guess.

Edit, wait Sylux dies at the end of MPH; I beat that too. This doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I find it weird that the claim of "no character past 2014" is applying for DLC.

Especially since we have Incineroar, a 2016 Pokemon, make it into the base roster.

Yes, I know Sakurai saved a spot for a Gen 7 Pokemon, but even if Sun/Moon started development in 2014, that would mean that Incineroar would be the most recent/almost most recent choice for a 2018 game, which I find weird.

Unless the DLC roster was decided as the same time as the base, I have serious doubts about this claim.
I think there's a misunderstanding here. The "shill" character alone is from pre-2014.

No, plus that goes against the definition of a shill anyways. A shill character is one that is put in the game solely to promote an unreleased game. Again, this character isn't even that bad of a shill. They sort of boop the nose of the concept instead of deep throat french kiss it like a Three Thrones character would. I'll also say that nobody created past 2014 is currently being considered.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fatman should have said P

People would have been arguing between poochy and porky for days

D

Deleted member

**** man maybe I’m losing it but I’m starting to think one of the DLC characters IS Duon

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The only character I can think of with a "Y" right now created before 2014 and with an unreleased game is Yuri Lowell...
If we get Both Yuri and Lloyd I'd be ecstatic. But Yuri absolutely fits with the shill character since ToV is coming out early next year.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wait a minute.
Starts with Y. Doesn't mean the name.

I think that they mean is when this character gets in people will go, well, "Y" the **** is this dude in the game?

And I think I've figured out who it is.

Chained_Kong.png

He's in

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Apparently there is a DLC character rumoured to come in that starts with the letter L.
Apparently said character had a large support base in the past but died down a bit now (if I understood correctly)
well, that sounds like Layton to me. The fanbase was huge And now we are kinda sprinkled everywhere randomly bit thats just my theory that probs makes no sense

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Brawl, Melee, or even 64 speculation. The idea that it's been off people's radars for years disconfirms the recent popular picks, and apparently people thought it would never happen so that skews it towards third parties or characters seen as unlikely compared to others. The character also apparently has a support thread from one of the speculation periods, and is unrelated to the SE rep.

Any thoughts? The only character I can personally think
Ironically this fits Cloud description like a glove. Except for teh fact that he is already on the game XD... maybe is Ridley? oh... yeah.. he is also in.
Has to be one of these characters then
View attachment 181108
Betting on lanky long
lol if it's friggin lavos XD

As for the characters that had serious support on teh past but have wided down... and start with L.

Lyn and Lip are teh only ones who i can think off...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
methinks ya'll fell for a giggle

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition comes out January 11th.

Maybe we get the Namco rep announced at the VGAs?
*folds hands quietly*

I did say that the Boomer pick and the shill pick were competing, didn't I?
Well there's the answer.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*folds hands quietly*

I did say that the Boomer pick and the shill pick were competing, didn't I?
Yuri is the most popular Tales of character, period.

He is the exact opposite of a shill.

I WILL CALL YOUR BULL!

D

Deleted member

Alright. Let me try to navigate a condensed summary of all we know about right now given what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and PolarPanda PolarPanda have said:
  • One of our five fighters is another SE fighter
    • The SE list is Sephiroth, Crono, Slime, Luminary, Erdrick, Sora, and Geno
      • Of these seven, only three were seriously considered. We don't know who those three are.
        • One was immediately thrown out to the surprise of the character's creators, who tried and failed to rally for them and complicated negotiations (potentially why we didn't get any additional FF content).
        • Two moved on and one made it in the door while the other was on standby. No one knows how that went. We could get one, both, or neither for all we know.
          • If we only get one, the one who didn't make it is actually leakbait and no one can release the two serious picks lest they risk themselves getting outed and having action taken against them
            • All of this information came from an outside source and could be fake, but makes sense given other known information
      • Geno's in here too, as a source within Nintendo told PolarPanda that he heard about him in an office rumor on November 2nd. Since then other potential developments about the SE character have become known, however, making Geno seem unlikely.
  • Minecraft currently has no hard evidence, and relies on trusting Vergeben's trusted source, even though most insiders have cut ties with Vergeben. If there is any hard evidence, it's being hidden for the time being. Regardless, Steve is still on the table.
  • A supposed "boomer" pick whose name starts with an L is also highly likely but not confirmed.
    • Is very likely Lloyd Irving, but could also be Leon Kennedy or even Lip.
Here's where I'm confused:
  • Two out of the five fighters are agreed upon by most insiders in the know (who's the second one?)
    • There's a category of two characters that are agreed upon and another two are debated to be in (here's the one I least understand)
  • There's a minor shill character being considered as one of the three remaining characters
    • This character is within a pool of five characters that could potentially fill the other three slots (? - verification needed)
  • No characters created past 2014 are being considered (how does anyone know this? this is dangerously close to "I know Sakurai's thought methods" level of claims)

I'll end this post with an aside saying that I was wrong to judge PolarPanda given my former stance towards him as a result of the Theory Wars, and I'll apologize for any scornful comments I said during the beginning of this speculation period. It seems like he and his group just want to get the truth out there, and I respect that.
Here's my problem with all of this. It feels like we're playing the same song and dance over and over again, where we believe users for the sake of information, only to then have said user get BTFO'd. This happened I think almost three times now. Happened with Loz18 and Senjougahara__Hitagi, unfortunately Grazien, and I really don't wanna have us go through this again. Hell, base Vergeben was fine, but with DLC Vergeben it's getting dangerously close to BTFO, if apparently most cut ties with him or whatever.

Again, I really don't mean to sound harsh, but I only really see the people in Spawn Wave's circle to have any shred of trust in their words with how deep their sources are and how much they've gotten right on an industry scale. PlayerEssence seems to know who one DLC character is, who's to say it isn't given the circle he's in?

I want to believe JC, I want to believe what these guys are saying, but we've been told so much stuff that ended up falling through that it's just become a burnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom