• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's amazing really that these leaks perfectly manage to give us just enough to get new info to talk about but also just enough room for us to fight to the death over the interpretations of what they mean.

In the meanwhile, I'll just be sitting here with my personal L pick.
Watching...
Waiting...
Wallowing...
Lyn waiting.png

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I can’t beleive the best poke ball Pokémon didn’t make a return

This is Gulpin erasure, pour one out for my squishy boy

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has come forward with information, claiming that a DLC character not linked to Square Enix is on the table, but they are a "boomer pick," so to speak. They had a sizable support thread in the past, but their fanbase has died down, and they have limited recognizability to younger Smash fans. Then LetterO LetterO mentioned that PolarPanda—the one who leaked the list of SE characters that Vergeben had—said that the character's name begins with L. Thus, the current discussion.
Almost certainly Lloyd, then.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So from what we have so far we know of a Square rep and another character whose name starts with L and has lost some of their support for the last while?

Untouch

Smash Master
So from what we have so far we know of a Square rep and another character whose name starts with L and has lost some of their support for the last while?
and a "Shill Pick" that wouldn't upset a lot of people

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
I'm gonna guess the "shill" pick.

Is it Elma or someone from ARMS?
No, plus that goes against the definition of a shill anyways. A shill character is one that is put in the game solely to promote an unreleased game. Again, this character isn't even that bad of a shill. They sort of boop the nose of the concept instead of deep throat french kiss it like a Three Thrones character would. I'll also say that nobody created past 2014 is currently being considered.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I'd guess that's when Panda was contacted by his Nintendo source about the Geno rumor going around their office.

As to why I'm confident in Steve, it's Steve for Sakurai's sake. Nintendo and Microsoft are all buddy-buddy, and to pass up on Minecraft would be idiotic business-wise.
Sakarai indicated he turned (at least) one character down because couldn't make that character into a fighter. Steve is a blank slate box man with an axe that changes the stage. You couldn't be true to the character if he couldn't change the stage. The bugs from this would be ridiculous.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
My picks are, in possible alignment to these insiders:

- Chrono/Geno/Erdrick (I honestly have no idea who can or will get picked, but I'm betting one of these 3)
- Banjo (With Steve's chances dwindling and Vergeben only claiming a boss, Microsoft has to be playing ball with Nintendo then, and Banjo is the most obvious pick)
- Porky (The "character who would have been big during the Melee/Brawl era but has since been unimportant; however nobody would have issues with their inclusion" pick lol. Porky and Gigyas are missing spirits, yet he is extremely important to his franchise)
- Lloyd (L character and Namco likely getting a rep)
- 3 Houses or Gen 8 rep. Will be the one promotional pick Nintendo does. I don't think it will be for Metroid, as they already received 2 picks on the base roster, and Metroid is not and has never been Fire Emblem/Pokemon/Mario levels of promotional content.

I'd be super happy with 2 Nintendo picks and 3 3rd parties, especially considering we only got Castlevania as our one new 3rd party rep.

I'd pick Sylux, but since we found out yesterday that Spirits can be added as a result of new games releasing (Pikachu/Eevee), I'm more inclined to think him and the other hunters are possibly missing for this reason, though I can see it happening. Rhythm Girl is also conspicuously missing, but could also have a new RH game releasing, so I'm putting her in the same boat as Sylux. I didn't put Porky here simply due to the fact that Mother 4 is never happening and Porky is extremely integral to his franchise, yet missing. I'm cool with Sylux or Rhythm Girl happening though.

Just my guess for the hypothetical season 1. If season 2 happens then hhooooo boy.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Ever since I saw the SE list, I don’t know what it is, but i have this strange feeling about Sora. The main thing that is giving me this suspicion is that damn tweet back in September that Hashimoto made. Ever since then, I still don’t know why that tweet is lining up to what’s happening now. If I was asked back in August if I thought Sora would be in the game at all, I would’ve LOL’D and all in the spand of a couple months, I’m very confused at this whole situation now. I remember when people said that “Sora is just a Disney rep” and now he’s on this list of “SE reps”? It’s just all so surreal to me, what timeline am I in?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, plus that goes against the definition of a shill anyways. A shill character is one that is put in the game solely to promote an unreleased game. Again, this character isn't even that bad of a shill. They sort of boop the nose of the concept instead of deep throat french kiss it like a Three Thrones character would. I'll also say that nobody created past 2014 is currently being considered.

Is it Sylux?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
My picks are, in possible alignment to these insiders:

- Chrono/Geno/Erdrick (I honestly have no idea who can or will get picked, but I'm betting one of these 3)
- Banjo (With Steve's chances dwindling and Vergeben only claiming a boss, Microsoft has to be playing ball with Nintendo then, and Banjo is the most obvious pick)
- Porky (The "character who would have been big during the Melee/Brawl era but has since been unimportant; however nobody would have issues with their inclusion" pick lol. Porky and Gigyas are missing spirits, yet he is extremely important to his franchise)
- Lloyd (L character and Namco likely getting a rep)
- 3 Houses or Gen 8 rep. Will be the one promotional pick Nintendo does. I don't think it will be for Metroid, as they already received 2 picks on the base roster, and Metroid is not and has never been Fire Emblem/Pokemon/Mario levels of promotional content.

I'd be super happy with 2 Nintendo picks and 3 3rd parties, especially considering we only got Castlevania as our one new 3rd party rep.

I'd pick Sylux, but since we found out yesterday that Spirits can be added as a result of new games releasing (Pikachu/Eevee), I'm more inclined to think him and the other hunters are possibly missing for this reason, though I can see it happening. Rhythm Girl is also conspicuously missing, but could also have a new RH game releasing, so I'm putting her in the same boat as Sylux. I didn't put Porky here simply due to the fact that Mother 4 is never happening and Porky is extremely integral to his franchise, yet missing. I'm cool with Sylux or Rhythm Girl happening though.

Just my guess for the hypothetical season 1. If season 2 happens then hhooooo boy.
The L character and the unimportant character are the same. Remove Porky.

Lol Poochy and Sylux in the running
What a timeline

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sakarai indicated he turned (at least) one character down because couldn't make that character into a fighter. Steve is a blank slate box man with an axe that changes the stage. You couldn't be true to the character if he couldn't change the stage. The bugs from this would be ridiculous.
That's a hypothetical though. We have no idea what Sakurai could do with Steve, and I believe there's a lot he could do with him.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I can’t beleive the best poke ball Pokémon didn’t make a return

This is Gulpin erasure, pour one out for my squishy boy
There are a lot of Pokemon that should have been spirits. Not even all the current Pokeball mons are spirits. I'm just sad that my favorites (Tangela, Lickitung, and Dunsparce) didn't get in, I would have liked to slap them on my mains.

Untouch

Smash Master
Is this game a third party? I assume no, you could argue a lot of the third party characters people want have games coming up soon.

D

Deleted member

Wait, wonder red for a new wonderful 101 game?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Captain Toadette was created in 2014

I will die on this hill. She is our shrill shill pick

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>shill pick
>created in or before 2014
Damn, I genuinely have no idea. Could you give us, like... the last letter of their name? Just to keep things spicy while also impossibly vague.

D

Deleted member

Never mind this jokes wasn’t funny

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Would Sylux be a bad guess for that? It's a character that would be promoting an upcoming game but is also an already established character that people wouldn't be too upset about

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of Pokemon that should have been spirits. Not even all the current Pokeball mons are spirits. I'm just sad that my favorites (Tangela, Lickitung, and Dunsparce) didn't get in, I would have liked to slap them on my mains.
Well, look on the bright side, at least Wooper is there. Look at him go, what a good boy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So... the only option is Sylux and he's a main aspect of Metroid Prime 4 like we've been assuming. Or Poochy, but that feels like another one Sakurai would (or should) say no to. What Nintendo games do we know of that are yet to be released?

D

Deleted member

Remember when our only ‘credible’ leakers were Vergeben and Loz18?

D

Deleted member

Throwing my chips on either Poochy, King Boo, or Sylux/Another Metroid character.
All pre-existing characters, all of them promote games coming out in 2019, and tbh, I don't think many people would genuinely be upset with any of them.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So... the only option is Sylux and he's a main aspect of Metroid Prime 4 like we've been assuming. Or Poochy, but that feels like another one Sakurai would (or should) say no to. What Nintendo games do we know of that are yet to be released?
You're saying Sakurai, the man who put in Piranha Plant, would turn down Poochy

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The L character and the unimportant character are the same. Remove Porky.

Lol Poochy and Sylux in the running
What a timeline
Meh, I'm keeping him there because his circumstances of missing as a Spirit is possibly different from others who's are missing, especially since Mother as a franchise is done.

Theres a difference between:

1. A spirit missing because they will promote fellow nintendo games coming out (ex. Pikachu and Eevee from LGPE as update spirits)

2. A spirit missing without the possibility of this happening.

For sure, Porky's spirit could just be missing, or they could certainly add it in the future, but I'm more inclined to think his is missing for other reasons.

This is entirely my biased opinion, I just think Porky's odd exclusion from literally anything Smash is weird.

He went from having consistent trophies and a boss battle in Brawl, to having literally nothing in Ultimate, not even a spirit, something even Rayquaza and Duom got.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

r/ProjectMDiedForThis sheds light on what really happened.
PM died for Icons. Any chance for Golden Sun/Advance Wars representation in any form of Smash died for Icons. And that's all the proof I need that this is indeed the worst timeline.
Lol, those are my posts from YT.

Somehow I acquired a following of people just for speaking my thoughts on the whole PM shutdown mess.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Throwing my chips on either Poochy, King Boo, or Sylux/Another Metroid character.
All pre-existing characters, all of them promote games coming out in 2019, and tbh, I don't think many people would genuinely be upset with any of them.
These are the Squenix 3 except it's the Promotional 3.
This is my current list as well.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Nope. Nuh uh. Gotta be a Dragon Quest character. NO way it's Crono! No freaking way *shakes uncontrollably*

Must... Not... Get overhyped.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's kind of weird that were seriously considering Poochy for $6 paid DLC, while the more well-known Piranha Plant is free for anyone who registers the game almost 2 months after it comes out.

Not against the idea, but it's kinda funny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For real, Wonder Red could be the ‘shill’ pick for a Wonderful 101 port/sequel. It’s purely hypothetical, but it’s an idea. Probably sylux though.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Timeline 1:
"OMG, IT'S LITERALLY JUST A DOG. WHO ASKED FOR THIS????"

Timeline 2:
"ANOTHER GENERIC ENEMY CHARACTER? AND ANOTHER MARIO CHARACTER WHO ISNT WALUIGI OR GENO????"

Timeline 3:
"ANOTHER METRIOD CHARACTER? OMG CAN SAKURAI STOP WITH THE METROID BIAS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom