• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, plus the shill character is competiton for one of the four characters (although most just agree on two) out of five total that are at the forefront at the moment. I mentioned this in the Geno thread.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Luigi The President Luigi The President
Nov 2 was when Polar and I's Source obtained the information from NOA regarding Geno. He hasn't heard anything since.

As well. I'll gladly take the L for this and this is my personal opinion. Steve isn't happening.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Honestly, at this point, I'm looking at DLC List:

-mysterious square enix character (likely to be Crono or DQ character)
-Steve? (May need confirmation, I'm being very skeptical on this character, I know that Verge have been right in the pas)
-Character with L as first word of the first name (Likely to be Llyod at this point)
-???
-???

Bonus: Phil said that he's fine with Banjo being in smash so it may be considered as mircosoft but Steve seems to takes that spot. and Doom twitter even told one fan to ask Reggie when being asked if doomguy was in smash, I'll consider it as not-sure DLC but it seems like its joke or just semi-serious at this point

Trust me on this ****, There's chance that we have to spin the DLC fortune wheel during VGA to see who they will reveal as first DLC character of fighter pass.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nov 2 was when Polar and I's Source obtained the information from NOA regarding Geno. He hasn't heard anything since.

As well. I'll gladly take the L for this and this is my personal opinion. Steve isn't happening.
Rummy can you clarify to me just what that info is?
Is it just murmurs of Geno among NOA elites, nothing about what he's in, but just that he's being discussed?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

beans

Smash Lord
Yeah, plus the shill character is competiton for one of the four characters (although most just agree on two) out of five total that are at the forefront at the moment. I mentioned this in the Geno thread.
So 2 are pretty much locked, and the shill character will get in over one of the other 2?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Just a quick question, are all the potential DLC characters 3rd party reps or is there some 1st party mixed in? I'd understand if this isn't a question you particularly want to answer at this time if that's the route you go with. I just want to satiate my curiosity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

To back this up, the evidence for Minecraft is super vague and the equivalent of believing your best friend no matter what. In other words, unless it's being totally withheld, the evidence is the trusted word of Vergeben's most reliable source. That's it. No pictures. No videos. Just "you just have to trust me on this one" from someone with a great track record and a long-standing relationship with Verge.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
...heck happened on November 2nd?

Why ya still so confident in Steve TPC? I'm worried about that boy.
I'd guess that's when Panda was contacted by his Nintendo source about the Geno rumor going around their office.

As to why I'm confident in Steve, it's Steve for Sakurai's sake. Nintendo and Microsoft are all buddy-buddy, and to pass up on Minecraft would be idiotic business-wise.

Untouch

Smash Master
To back this up, the evidence for Minecraft is super vague and the equivalent of believing your best friend no matter what. In other words, unless it's being totally withheld, the evidence is the trusted word of Vergeben's most reliable source. That's it. No pictures. No videos. Just "you just have to trust me on this one" from someone with a great track record and a long-standing relationship with Verge.
Is that the one who said the Minecraft content is just a boss?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>Layton is being discussed as a genuine possibility
holy **** i never thought i'd see the day

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And seeing as the source never said it was a character...hm!

D

Deleted member

That would explain what Ryce said. Makes the entire situation more curious. hmmm

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
because Sakurai listens to ME and ME ONLY, the shill pick has to be a Toad

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
To put it, Verge was told by his trusted source long time about steve but with no evidence that supports it. There's chance that the source may hear mention of Steve or Minecraft content in general, am I right?

Given few months that Verge revealed there's minecraft content in but we haven't see any reference to it in leaked ultimate's game files unless it was picked long time to be DLC.

D

Deleted member

Elma out here shilling a Wii U game
Not unless they port it to Switch. :4diddy:
Which they totally should because it was a great game with the misfortune of being put out during an unpopular console's death throes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really hope it is Lloyd. I mean the stars are aligning!

- Mii Costume in 4 released alongside Chrom & K. Rool, meaning he did well enough in the ballot.
- The Tales of Symphonia Producer wanting a Tales character in Smash and thinks Symphonia's Director would agree.
- Avoided being a Spirit or AT.
- Tales of Vesperia HD on Switch releasing in January, also a still unknown Tales Switch game
- Sakurai expliciting mentioning Lloyd as the ideal Tales rep over other characters like Cless.
- MysticDistance and one of papagenos's sources claiming he's in
- Tales Broadcast celebrating the anniversary of the Tales series is December 8th. 2 days after TGAs and 1 day after Ultimate's release. Normally these are done around the 15th, the actually anniversary date. And Lloyd's Japanese VA is a guest. Alongside Rita and Raven's for Vesperia HD, Mileena(Tales of The Ray Mobile game and one other mobile VA.
-The coffee I had was hot. Wait I think it was cold instead! WTH!

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Where is this L thing coming from? I'm so confused.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has come forward with information, claiming that a DLC character not linked to Square Enix is on the table, but they are a "boomer pick," so to speak. They had a sizable support thread in the past, but their fanbase has died down, and they have limited recognizability to younger Smash fans. Then LetterO LetterO mentioned that PolarPanda—the one who leaked the list of SE characters that Vergeben had—said that the character's name begins with L. Thus, the current discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom