• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. At this point I'm betting on Geno, Banjo, Lloyd, and 2 Nintendo reps. No idea who they are as my previous picks (Euden and Edelgard) were shill picks and we've been told there's only one and they aren't that bad. I have no idea who they are or what until someone can give me more info.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok. At this point I'm betting on Geno, Banjo, Lloyd, and 2 Nintendo reps. No idea who they are as my previous picks (Euden and Edelgard) were shill picks and we've been told there's only one and they aren't that bad. I have no idea who they are or what until someone can give me more info.
As much as I want you to win this bet, you're gonna lose it, sadly.

D

Deleted member

When you talk about Namco Rep, to this days and before Pac-man reveals?
Either Pac-man or Heihachi.
Llyod was always looked over and said like "Eh. Not happening, Tekken first."
Sure, but there’s a difference between thinking a character is less likely than others and thinking a character is never gonna happen. People still seriously considered Lloyd. The hint was exaggerated.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm pretty into the idea of the promotional pick being someone not tied to promoting a specific game and is a "hey, cool" pick. Someone like Poochy comes to mind and amuses me, but at the same time would be tied to Yoshi's Crafted World. Funky and Cranky Kong seem likely. Musashi from Sushi Strikers also comes to mind. If they want to get really crazy we could look at Hollow Knight, who has been a big success on switch. Or I was right and Omega Dr. Kawashima is on their way.

Wait.

Wait wait wait wait.

L.

Old school pick.

Seen as impossible.

Has just been given a surprising amount of spotlight in Ultimate.

...Lip?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I can see the possibility that Chrono Trigger would be used as a Back-up selection if DQ's Music rights fell through. Both series have the same three owners after all.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Outside of my knowledge with Polarpanda, I still have a lot of hope for Geno. But i wouldn't disregard the other possibilities. Geno's got a good shot.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Chrono Trigger being used as a Back up for DQ just make me wish that DQ's composer is indeed an asshole and make the Negociation fails

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Outside of my knowledge with Polarpanda, I still have a lot of hope for Geno. But i wouldn't disregard the other possibilities.
"Outside of my knowledge"? WYM by that Rummy? Something contradicting Geno, or you just personally hope for him disregarding the info we got?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I'm pretty into the idea of the promotional pick being someone not tied to promoting a specific game and is a "hey, cool" pick. Someone like Poochy comes to mind and amuses me, but at the same time would be tied to Yoshi's Crafted World. Funky and Cranky Kong seem likely. Musashi from Sushi Strikers also comes to mind. If they want to get really crazy we could look at Hollow Knight, who has been a big success on switch. Or I was right and Omega Dr. Kawashima is on their way.

Wait.

Wait wait wait wait.

L.

Old school pick.

Seen as impossible.

Has just been given a surprising amount of spotlight in Ultimate.

...Lip?
That isn't possible at all, she already got mii costume at least and even listed as spirit. so that isn't happening now.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
A shill pick honestly could be Porky. He was a semi-popular pick during Melee/Brawl days that died once Brawl put him in as a boss. Not saying it would happen, but his spirit conspicuously missing is pretty suspect and has been.

And if these people are saying that DLC will have a pretty down there character that nobody has a problem with, then it could be him.

The L character, I'm expecting to be Lloyd if it has nothing to do with the "shill" pick. Bamco needs a pick, and if not Heihachi, whom was seemingly scrapped for 4, then probably Lloyd.

beans

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger being used as a Back up for DQ just make me wish that DQ's composer is indeed an ******* and make the Negociation fails
Oh man I so want him to during his talks to nintendo just drop all his controversial spaghetti on the floor and Nintendo going "nah stay with you music, were going to get Chrono Trigger music"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A shill pick honestly could be Porky. He was a semi-popular pick during Melee/Brawl days that died once Brawl put him in as a boss. Not saying it would happen, but his spirit conspicuously missing is pretty suspect and has been.

And if these people are saying that DLC will have a pretty down there character that nobody has a problem with, then it could be him.

The L character, I'm expecting to be Lloyd if it has nothing to do with the "shill" pick. Bamco needs a pick, and if not Heihachi, whom was seemingly scrapped for 4, then probably Lloyd.
There is nothing Porky could be shilling.

There is no way Nintendo is going to release Mother 3 anytime soon, and they aren't going to continue the series

Untouch

Smash Master
I can see the possibility that Chrono Trigger would be used as a Back-up selection if DQ's Music rights fell through. Both series have the same three owners after all.
I was wondering who the third was, but according to wikipedia Horii WAS involved in CT, I genuinely did not know that.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Again, we haven't heard anything new regarding Geno since Nov 2.
Basically, I guess it's something like
>Heard nothing about Geno since november 2
>But heard new information about others Square-Enix characters and the deals that could have happened
>Thus making Geno's chance along the others possibilities even

right?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Finally Lanky Kong stretches his arms out...just for you.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Wait, so it's Lloyd? Not Layton or Leon? But I thought Lloyd was a semi-popular pick? I'm confused.

When you talk about Namco Rep, to this days and before Pac-man reveals?
Either Pac-man or Heihachi.
Llyod was always looked over and said like "Eh. Not happening, Tekken first."
I actually think Tales is more likely than Tekken because of the "comes with a stage and music" thing, and Tales definitely has more iconic locations and music that would be seen as being worth the price (and Sakuraba is already composing for the game), and also because Heihachi's voice actor died and they usually take a while to officially replace notable voice actors.

D

Deleted member

I love how this thread has gone from "Which characters would make sense to have based on overall relevancy and upcoming games?" to "Is Lloyd old and obscure enough to potentially qualify as a Boomer character?"
Never change, Smash speculation.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Why? What's going on! It feels like I'm only hearing half the conversation.
Maybe because a few of your picks are dreams

It’s usually the lame stuff we end up with

For this case the safest bet characters as of right now are

Steve
Sylux
Poochy
Edelgard
Square rep

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There is nothing Porky could be shilling.

There is no way Nintendo is going to release Mother 3 anytime soon, and they aren't going to continue the series
Except that is with that limited mindset that DLC has to sell a game outside of smash. Porky joining the roster doesn't have to promote anything. Even if Mother 3 came to the west, it does nothing for Japan. Porky is not only a mother 3 villain, he's also from Earthbound.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If I had to make a guess at speculation knowing all of this, here's what I'd have to say:

Season 1:
  • Erdrick/DQ Hero (reveal at VGAs)
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve
  • DOOM Slayer
  • Phoenix Wright (promotional pick for a new Phoenix Wright game)
I'm most confident in the first three. I guess I'll hope for a Season 2 with Sora in it, but his chances are almost nil at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love how this thread has gone from "Which characters would make sense to have based on overall relevancy and upcoming games?" to "Is Lloyd old and obscure enough to potentially qualify as a Boomer character?"
Never change, Smash speculation.
Oh the places this thread will go

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Basically, I guess it's something like
>Heard nothing about Geno since november 2
>But heard new information about others Square-Enix characters and the deals that could have happened
>Thus making Geno's chance along the others possibilities even

right?
In simple terms yes, In longer terms. It's hard to say who is actually "Leak Bait" or not. It's just a messy ordeal with all the names.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Except that is with that limited mindset that DLC has to sell a game outside of smash. Porky joining the roster doesn't have to promote anything. Even if Mother 3 came to the west, it does nothing for Japan. Porky is not only a mother 3 villain, he's also from Earthbound.
That's the definition of "shilling" though

An important character in a fan favorite franchise isn't a shill character

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Again, we haven't heard anything new regarding Geno since Nov 2.
...heck happened on November 2nd?

If I had to make a guess at speculation knowing all of this, here's what I'd have to say:

Season 1:
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve
  • DOOM Slayer
I'm most confident in the first three. I guess I'll hope for a Season 2 with Sora in it, but his chances are almost nil at this point.
Why ya still so confident in Steve TPC? I'm worried about that boy.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Season 1:
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve
  • DOOM Slayer
If DLC is really all third parties I don't think I'd get any of it :^(

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I was wondering who the third was, but according to wikipedia Horii WAS involved in CT, I genuinely did not know that.
Yuji Horii/Project Armor purchased the Story rights to Chrono Trigger around the time of the DS port/remake.

Last edited:

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
L is clearly L from Death Note.
For his final smash he goads his opponent into killing him so someone else can win.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Where did you come from? This is the first time I've ever seen you. Didn't you read the post from the guy who said the DLC ISNT going to be lame?
Yea but that’s Nintendo’s opinion remember we were dredging the incineroar thing well hate is now more toward love same goes for the piranha plant

Everybody has their own different opinion

Besides geno and banjo are long shots at this point

But I would love love love to be proven wrong

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I just want to say that regarding the "shill pick," it may be a character we don't expect, because there may be some upcoming release we're not privy to, and we don't know how many hypothetical shill-type characters there are on the table.
I'd say don't worry about it too much. We just don't have enough info for even a reasonable guess about this character right now.

beans

Smash Lord
In simple terms yes, In longer terms. It's hard to say who is actually "Leak Bait" or not. It's just a messy ordeal with all the names.
Would it be possible that Geno information stopped because they just went "**** it lets reset the deal and talk this over again" keeping the other SE character but excluding Geno?
Explaining how theres still word of other SE reps but no Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom