• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Exactly.

They had that in the 3DS version of Smash 4 and it was so great. I can't comprehend why they'd remove it.
I think it has to do with how the 3DS version is like your own personalized experience, where as the console versions are designed with the party game factor in mind, my preferences won't be the same as my friends'. I suppose they could make it so you could tie skins to a name, but there might be issues with that if the game has to juggle 8 different names' preferences at once.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Music DLC Predictions

Super Mario RPG
  1. Beware the Forrest's Mushrooms
  2. Fight Against an Armed Boss
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
I don't think we know any of those tracks yet.

Tekken (Tekken 2 has the best soundtrack and every SF track comes from one single game)
  1. Iron Fist King
  2. Devil Kazuya
  3. Legendary Dragon Once Again
  4. Silent Assassin
  5. Wild Beast Fighter
  6. Hot Blooded Martial Artist
  7. Mechanized Space Ninja
  8. Inside Boss
Dragalia lost
  1. VS Greatwyrm
  2. 流星都市
  3. BANG!
  4. GIRL
  5. Dungeon 1
  6. Cinderella step
  7. VS Raid Boss
  8. VS Zodiark
Microsoft
  1. Overworld Theme (Minecraft)
  2. Banjo-Kazooie Remix
  3. Conker's bad Fur Day Remix
  4. Perfect Dark Remix
  5. The Champion of Sanghelios (Killer Instinct/Halo)
  6. Touch me and I'll break your face (Killer Instinct)
  7. For the Horde! (Gears of War/Killer Instinct)
  8. Enter the Battletoad (Battletoads/Killer Instinct)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That was my way of implying it. Less "happy" more "hmm, he's become SLIGHTLY more plausible in my perspective"
I gotta head out but I'll write up what I think if it's still relevant when I get home. But yeah, it's decently nice news.
Yay, I was the closest to reading what you were implying!

Back to what I was saying before though, man Fulgore really would be sick. He could turn invisible, he could fire laser beams, he could claw and uppercut people. You could give him an ultimate/no mercy final smash. You could give him a modern and retro costume. He could have a factory stage. It’d just be cool.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think it has to do with how the 3DS version is like your own personalized experience, where as the console versions are designed with the party game factor in mind, my preferences won't be the same as my friends'. I suppose they could make it so you could tie skins to a name, but there might be issues with that if the game has to juggle 8 different names' preferences at once.
I wish there'd be an option for it like for it.
Like even the oldest Fire Emblem games had "reset to default cursor position" or "remember last cursor position" so I don't know why implementing the option is out of the question for a console experience.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
We should also be able to change his voice to his joke voice.
I already can hear him saying the names and doing jokes.
Each time you launch someone into the blast zone and the stock count pops up on screen, he would either make a noise or just make some dumb joke about the person who died

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Can't we just work out a deal where Nintendo gets SMRPG rights in exchange for some favor like letting SE make a Theatryhtm Nintendo or something?

Let's make it work.

....btw, rights issues like this are the reason I believe a second round of DLC is realistic. Maybe the angry creator gets SE to reverse it's rejection? Maybe a 3rd party decides they can make a deal. You think if Sakurai gets a yes on a character he wants after the Fighter's pass that he'd just say "Nah, too late"?

beans

Smash Lord
Each time you launch someone into the blast zone and the stock count pops up on screen, he would either make a noise or just make some dumb joke about the person who died
"Astroboy just died again right there"
"Cloud is going to meet worst girl"
"this is not melee fox"
"each time greninja dies he gets nerfed"

Mario's victory jingle: "SUPAH MARIO BROTHARS 2 GOTY"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can't we just work out a deal where Nintendo gets SMRPG rights in exchange for some favor like letting SE make a Theatryhtm Nintendo or something?

Let's make it work.

....btw, rights issues like this are the reason I believe a second round of DLC is realistic. Maybe the angry creator gets SE to reverse it's rejection? Maybe a 3rd party decides they can make a deal. You think if Sakurai gets a yes on a character he wants after the Fighter's pass that he'd just say "Nah, too late"?
"We" can't do anything because we're just consumers. It's up to both Nintendo and Square Enix.

And yeah, right, "Hey Square Enix, in exchange for one of your IPs, we're going to let you make a game with our IPs for us."
The **** kind of logic is that?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"We" can't do anything because we're just consumers.

And yeah, right, "Hey Square Enix, in exchange for one of your IPs, we're going to let you make a game with our IPs for us."
The **** kind of logic is that?
It's not like Square is currently on the 15th installment of Super Geno RPG or anything. The character at this point really only has value to them as it relates to Nintendo.

Nintendo can just give them a ton of money for it or something. Then they can work them into the plot of the next Mario & Luigi or something.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Let's make it work.

I don't think it's nearly that easy to get video game rights. The idea of Square Enix turning down Sora doesn't necessarily make sense though, considering he's owned by Disney and they would be the ones negotiating with Nintendo, not Square Enix. Either Sora's leakbait or was never seriously considered.

Either DQ or Geno is the turned down character, and I could easily see either starting out a Fighter's Pass 2 for hype's sake.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think we might be possible that we get a dual announcement of both Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie at The Game Awards.

What do you guys think?
I'd think that sounds like one hell of a trip right there buddy.
Nah. We're only getting Geno at the game awards.

Banjo should ideally be revealed around Christmas. As Microsoft's special Christmas present.
This is more like some bad LSD right here.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I think we might be possible that we get a dual announcement of both Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie at The Game Awards.

What do you guys think?
Sorry, fam not happening, it's single DLC announcment and second DLC announcement is later in early 2019.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

What do you guys think?
I only expect one character announcement at the Game Awards,
I'd expect another character announcement in a January/February Smash DLC Direct alongside more info on the Game Awards character

D

Deleted member

Nintendo should allow Sakurai to make a game on the Murasame Castle franchise, even if it was a remake.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
MMMMMM-

Chrom feels so good already

I love it.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I only expect one character announcement at the Game Awards,
I'd expect another character announcement in a January/February Smash DLC Direct alongside more info on the Game Awards character
If I'm being honest, I'm not expecting a DLC reveal in the slightest at the Game Awards. I feel like we're not going to know until :ultpiranha:comes out next year.
I think Nintendo is just going to show off Metroid Prime 4, or maybe something else they have in the works.

Unless I'm an idiot and completely missing something that's been leaked or brought up.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If I'm being honest, I'm not expecting a DLC reveal in the slightest at the Game Awards. I feel like we're not going to know until :ultpiranha:comes out next year.
I think Nintendo is just going to show off Metroid Prime 4, or maybe something else they have in the works.

Unless I'm an idiot and completely missing something that's been leaked or brought up.
Nintendo usually has two announcements at the Game Awards...
Last year, they had the Champion's Ballad DLC expansion for Breath of the Wild, and Bayonetta 3...

I can easily see both a Smash DLC announcement and a Metroid Prime 4 trailer

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Haven’t played Walking Dead.

Infinity War didn’t, but The LEGO Movie managed to.
Lego Movie?
this is objectively correct
of course it is
I used to use Pit a lot in Brawl, but after they got rid of that one move (Yes, likely the first one that popped into your head), I just lost interest in him. Dark Pit is also meh for me. That being said I feel meh about them equally. I don't really like one over the other...
When you go through the entire in-game life of Pit, you’ll quickly and easily prefer him no matter what...
931E4B27-0BB4-477F-BAB1-D8B944596051.jpeg

You know who would make a great Echo?

Carol from Walking Dead for Snake
Clementine or Lee as a unique fighter would be better

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

What do you guys think?
Meh, i'm betting on only one character reveal.

Kinda going off topic here, what Sega characters (That aren't from Sonic) would you like to see in smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom