• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
So I'm just curious.... what would be your Square Enix list of priority when it comes to Smash?

My priorities would be Erdrick > Sephiroth > Sora > Chrono > Geno > Slime
my list of absolute bias and who I want

Neku > Geno > Sora > everyone else

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
So I'm just curious.... what would be your Square Enix list of priority when it comes to Smash?

From the list?

I guess that Crono > Sephirot > Sora > Slime > Luminary > Geno > Erdrick >>>>>>>>>> whatever Arthur is

now withouth the list,

Black Mage > anything Final Fantasy VI > 2B/A2 > 9S > anything FF XII > anything FF IV > Anything Octopath > Crono > Anything FF IX > Anything FF XV > Chocobo > Sephirot > Lara Croft > Sora > Slime > anything else >>>>>>>>> what the hell is an arthur?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

If we're going by the leaked list:

Sora > Crono > Sephiroth > Million Arthur (ha never gonna happen) > Slime > Geno > Erdrick > Luminary

Overall:

Agnes/Edea > Tifa > 2B > Sora > Noctis > the rest of my list

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
With the list mixed with my personal pipe dreams:

2B > Neku > Crono > Geno > Erdrick = Slime > Sephiroth = Sora > Luminary

I'd be excited for any of them but that top three would be another level.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Lara Croft >>>> Sephiroth = Tifa Lockhart >>>>>>> Slime >> Crono = Sora >>2B > Erdrick > Geno

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Lara Croft >>>> Sephiroth = Tifa Lockhart >>>>>>> Slime >> Crono = Sora >>2B > Erdrick > Geno
mine is basically yours except for slime
Laura>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sepiroth>>Tifa>> Crono>2B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slime>(x100)>geno

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...this is odd. The Mr. Game and Watch blog post update hasn't been applied to the West yet. The other update from yesterday was, but not that one.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hey guys, sorry i having been posting as often, mind if i leave my DLC predictions here?
1. 2B/Erdrick/Slime/Sora
2. Joker/Arle/Reiko Nagase/Heihachi
3. Tibby/Style Savvy/Porky
4. Edelgard/Sylux/Outer
5. Banjo Kazooie/Steve/Crash Bandicoot
No one from 3 has a chance tbh

D

Deleted member

What if Sephiroth wasn't considered because of his sword size, but it wasn't Nintendo's fault? Like Sakurai could definitely make it work while still representing him right, but SE didn't have faith so they chose a different character? I'll be honest that's a very Square Enix thing to do

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What if Sephiroth wasn't considered because of his sword size, but it wasn't Nintendo's fault? Like Sakurai could definitely make it work while still representing him right, but SE didn't have faith so they chose a different character? I'll be honest that's a very Square Enix thing to do
Yep. I can definitely see it happening.

With Sephiroth, even with the reduced sword, it may not please Square.
And considering that we barely have any FF7 content now, I don't think they'll be too concerned with adding more when they can pull from more accessible franchises.

D

Deleted member

Given that list (and if Im allowed to be a little more creative with it), I'd go with
Erdrick/Luminary -> Crono -> Sephiroth -> Slime riding a Chocobo -> Sora -> Geno

If they can make a Piranha Plant work, I know they could make a slime work, but there's not a lot to that monster. It just kinda blorps into you with the only other attack being a bodyslam; but only if its a King Slime. I feel like he'd work better in conjunction with something else like a Chocobo so you have 2 'cute franchise mascot' characters as one to vary things up (since Chocobos have more of an actual body to use attacks with lol).

I could see that. I mean, I know the whole 'too big' thing is hard to use since Ridley finally made it in, but the stance sephiroth uses his sword with makes it awkward. They could use a regular Katana for him rather than Masamune....and maybe still make it look good, but you're right, they probably have to have faith that it would work.

I think the character they give depends on their plans. If any leaks out there come out talking about a Switch port of Chrono Trigger, then Crono is likely the DLC character from Square. Dragonquest XI will be coming for the switch, so if a release date announcement is to be made, I could see it also including the Luminary (with an Erdrick alt) as a DLC character (not sure on when its supposed to actually release). FF 7 remake won't be coming to switch; I dont think the Switch is capable of handling it. If Sephiroth were to make it in, it would be due to Square wanting to have an antagonist in Smash and he's the most recognizable. Sora I could see being announced if it's said that KH III will be hitting Switch along with ports of the earlier 'Mix+' games. I wouldn't know how Slime would be announced other just saying 'to celebrate the newfound SquareEnix library being brought to Switch, introducing Slime!'. And Geno? I know there's love for Geno and I know its possible, but I dont see it happening. His game is already on the SNES Classic; the anniversary of the release has come and gone; and short of a 'remaster' or a 'paper mario style' remake being announced, I don't see his chances being good. There's too many other Square characters that appeal to the masses a lot more than Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty shook right now
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I’m literally screaming last night I was playing Mario kart w my friends and ****talking about Isabelle saying how she looks cute but def has an evil side and THIS proves that correct I believe

Begging for her to be top tier

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
mine is basically yours except for slime
Laura>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sepiroth>>Tifa>> Crono>2B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slime>(x100)>geno
Lara.

Laura is a completely different name.

Last edited:

culumon

Smash Apprentice

Crono = Slime = Terra > Geno > Erdrick >>> The Luminary > Sora >>> Sephiroth

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Dreams aren't allowed here. Go to 4chan and make a fake leak if you want to get some positive feedback. :p/s
Okay 4chan I'm a playtester for the Smash Ultimate DLC and I am PISSED at how they let me go. Bad hours, no pay, so I'm going to get even by LEAKING the FIVE FIGHTERS PACK characters and their stages.

-Edelgard from Fire Emblem. This **** is just like Corrin. Everyone knows Nintendo only picks Fire Emblem for their promotional picks. She's in with Castle Siege 2 as a stage.
-Bandana Dee. He has the stage from Planet Robobot with the city.
-Sylux. He controls a lot like Samus. They're bringing back Pyrosphere for this. **** Nintendo and their promotional picks!
-Stylist. You read that right. Stylist from Style Savvy or Girls Mode or whatever the ****. I'm a red blooded male but this character? ACTUALLY fun. Comes with eight totally unique costumes that reflect every brand in the series and reference several characters, including Sophie and Angelique. I've never played Style Savvy but this character is actually fun. Her stage is a salon.
-Banjo-Kazooie.

Believe me or don't! I'm just trying to do the right thing! That'll show Nintendo! Smash is a kids game!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Okay 4chan I'm a playtester for the Smash Ultimate DLC and I am PISSED at how they let me go. Bad hours, no pay, so I'm going to get even by LEAKING the FIVE FIGHTERS PACK characters and their stages.

-Edelgard from Fire Emblem. This **** is just like Corrin. Everyone knows Nintendo only picks Fire Emblem for their promotional picks. She's in with Castle Siege 2 as a stage.
-Sylux. He controls a lot like Samus. They're bringing back Pyrosphere for this. **** Nintendo and their promotional picks!
-Stylist. You read that right. Stylist from Style Savvy or Girls Mode or whatever the ****. I'm a red blooded male but this character? ACTUALLY fun. Comes with eight totally unique costumes that reflect every brand in the series and reference several characters, including Sophie and Angelique. I've never played Style Savvy but this character is actually fun. Her stage is a salon.
-Banjo-Kazooie.

Believe me or don't! I'm just trying to do the right thing! That'll show Nintendo! Smash is a kids game!
It's real guys, my uncle that works at Nintendo can confirm this is true. He also confirmed season 2 DLC with

-Waluigi
-Sans from Undertale
-Triple Goomba Stack
-Another Fire Emblem rep (undecided so far)
-Classic Dark Pit

AugustusB

Smash Champion

My Priorities?
Geno > Chrono > Sora > Sephiroth > DQ Protag > Slime

Will be happy with any Square Character.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle's rod is gonna make heavies cry like damn you see the range on that ****

osby

Smash Obsessed

-Banjo-Kazooie.

This only made me want a Style Savy character more...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish Sakurai got the chance to do the characters he personally wants. Not just Geno either. He’s personally shown interest in Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Ayumi Tachibana. I’d love the chance for him to just have fun with HIS favorite characters. Maybe as a-la-carte DLC like Piranha Plant.

D

Deleted member

I mainly look at these characters at the standpoint of "what impact have they had on the video game industry as a whole", and as much as I agree that Final Fantasy VII is a bit overrated, you can't deny that Sephiroth is one of the most recognizable villains in gaming on a worldwide scale.

Pretty much all of these characters don't really have the "gravitas" as he does, and honestly you can't blame him, he's got ****ing One-Winged Angel under his belt. Not to mention the whole Aerith Death Scene, too.

And he's also got an upper-hand against all the other Square reps - aside from possibly Geno, if it's true that they classify him under the "Super Mario series" - having his game being included in Smash on a roster-inclusion level, and even above the other Final Fantasy games. Just FFVII.

I also try to view it from the most broadest scale from the view of "who would know him enough that they would buy him?" People know Sephiroth vastly more than Dragon Quest characters, Chrono, Geno, etc. Thanks to Kingdom Hearts 3 hype, I would see Sora being on his level, but remember that Final Fantasy VII is in Smash, whilst Kingdom Hearts isn't, that good ol' upper hand.

Would I be shocked that he's in? Of course, it's ****ing Sephiroth and we have another Final Fantasy character.
Would I be shocked that he doesn't get in? Of course, expensive IP and all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wish Sakurai got the chance to do the characters he personally wants. Not just Geno either. He’s personally shown interest in Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Ayumi Tachibana. I’d love the chance for him to just have fun with HIS favorite characters. Maybe as a-la-carte DLC like Piranha Plant.
I think he already got a few. It's obvious he loves Castlevania and Incineroar has everything Sakurai likes in a character (fire, wrestling, dark looking but actually a dork).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think he already got a few. It's obvious he loves Castlevania and Incineroar has everything Sakurai likes in a character (fire, wrestling, dark looking but actually a dork).
I mean yeah. But the kicker is that those are characters that we want too. Every smash fan has those couple characters that they just want because they love them to death and nobody else does. And he’s the one who actually makes the game. I feel like there should be one or two characters who are only there because he likes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom