• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A shame, since Smash Run is the best thing from the Smash 4 games.
Whenever someone says Smash For's single player mode sucks, I die inside a little.

Also, unpopular opinion but I still think 3DS version looks better than Wii U version.

D

Deleted member

Deep down, I accept the reality that LPS will never be in Smash. It's just that, in this case, the hopeful, illogical side of me takes precedence... :urg:
I also expect to never see the Fantastic Four or Jet Jaguar in Smash anytime soon.

But for some reason, i find it fun to talk about how they would handle Marvel and Kaiju stuff in Smash.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not surprising, considering fanbase acts like Smash for 3DS doesn't exist half of the time.
Every time I see people complaining about Smash 4's classic mode I'm like "well I thought the branching paths were a change but pretty fun, what was so bad- oh..."

I only ever owned the 3DS one. There's gonna be a lot of new content waiting for me in Ultimate which is cool. But man, Smash 3DS was pretty darn cool. I have a soft spot for it and sunk a solid amount of time into it.

I plan on mostly playing Smash in handheld mode because, like, that's just how I play my Switch 99% of the time.

D

Deleted member

Whenever someone says Smash For's single player mode sucks, I die inside a little.

Also, unpopular opinion but I still think 3DS version looks better than Wii U version.
I can say the same for some trophies, like Dr.Willy.

He looks better on the 3DS one.

D

Deleted member

Nah.. is ok.. yeah, i don't think is going to be a moving stage... oh and also XD

sometimes an image speaks for itself XD.. probably the 2 most iconic sephirot moments are the stab and the fire. City of ancients would also be cool.

Speaking of moving stage... if Crono is the one... at least him really could use a moving stage that moves between different time periods! :o
1) That image is epic; I love it
2) I didnt think of that; a Stage where the epoch flies through the different time periods (maybe with the Lavos one being a stage hazard) and seeing the different party members in the background (Robo in the Future, Marle & Lucca in Present, Ayla in Past, Frog in...Medieval (?), and Magus in...uh..Utopia future? would be awesome.

beans

Smash Lord

I'm always going to hold 3DS version over U but those can be some fighting words.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Nah.. is ok.. yeah, i don't think is going to be a moving stage... oh and also XD

sometimes an image speaks for itself XD.. probably the 2 most iconic sephirot moments are the stab and the fire. City of ancients would also be cool.

Speaking of moving stage... if Crono is the one... at least him really could use a moving stage that moves between different time periods! :o
Palutena, what did you do to Aerith?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'll be real I wanted an endless Smash Run. There was something fun about running around a big map with 400% damage and bouncing off the walls. Maybe it could've worked if there was an endless Stamina Mode Smash Run? Like with no free for all at the end, just the last to survive wins.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm always going to hold 3DS version over U but those can be some fighting words.
I mean, Wii U version had better graphics but I liked the overall designs and art direction in 3DS version better. Plus, I prefer less saturated models.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really wish the translator didn't mess up and say A Link Between Worlds. It's clearly A Link to the Past Zelda with minor bits taken from A Link Between Worlds.

Glad the Guidance got it right though.

beans

Smash Lord
That would be odd, especially since we've only really seen a trailer of gameplay. Those don't really portray characters run speeds all that well.
I dont know. You can make an estimate by seeing the speed of a fighter and comparing it with his confirmed speed, and identify if the video is slower or faster than normal, then ccompare it with Pirana Plant and determine its real speed if the video is altered

1) That image is epic; I love it
2) I didnt think of that; a Stage where the epoch flies through the different time periods (maybe with the Lavos one being a stage hazard) and seeing the different party members in the background (Robo in the Future, Marle & Lucca in Present, Ayla in Past, Frog in...Medieval (?), and Magus in...uh..Utopia future? would be awesome.
I think an Epoch stage would be the hardest but best stage for Chrono Trigger.
It shows best what the game is about and the possible details it can have are golden: random party menbers inside the Epoch, different time periods backdrops, heck it would be really cool if we got
that guy that I forgot the name, the one you fight on top the Epoch after you lose it, as an AT

Every time I see people complaining about Smash 4's classic mode I'm like "well I thought the branching paths were a change but pretty fun, what was so bad- oh..."

I only ever owned the 3DS one. There's gonna be a lot of new content waiting for me in Ultimate which is cool. But man, Smash 3DS was pretty darn cool. I have a soft spot for it and sunk a solid amount of time into it.

I plan on mostly playing Smash in handheld mode because, like, that's just how I play my Switch 99% of the time.
I pretty much can only play handheld, since my TV is Samsung and is a ***** with the Switch.
Not really a problem but I still wonder on how would it look.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
The 3DS version was always just Smash-lite for me. I used it to handle the hype for the month it was out before the main console version, and then haven't touched it since. Smash is best on a big TV (especially with friends).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That would be awesome too.
I don't have many particular FF wants cause... well, I haven't played too much of them, but Chocobo and Black Mage would be fun.

I think someone from Bravely Default would be a choice for me too (considering it's relation to FFIV (I think that's what it was)).
Ringabel, *****

beans

Smash Lord
The 3DS version was always just Smash-lite for me. I used it to handle the hype for the month it was out before the main console version, and then haven't touched it since. Smash is best on a big TV (especially with friends).
My neet nature values more the adaptability of being able to play Smash while typing this very message.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
That would be awesome too.
I don't have many particular FF wants cause... well, I haven't played too much of them, but Chocobo and Black Mage would be fun.

I think someone from Bravely Default would be a choice for me too (considering it's relation to FFIV (I think that's what it was)).
You clearly have very good taste friend~

No bias found here!

D

Deleted member

My idea for a possible Crash Bandicoot stage is the Warproom from Crash Warped. Not only i choosed it for the mechanics that i will explain, but also because of the fact that Warped is the most popular game of the franchise in Japan.

The mechanic would work similar to Kalos League, but with some differences: you start on the place itself, but you will also get warped during the fight to the boss stages from the game. On each one, you will find most of the time the enemies found on the stages based in the look of each boss section in the Warproom (the Colliseum where you fight Tiny would include enemies from the Medieval levels, N Gin’s mech the ones from the Egypt ones, etc...). But sometimes, you will find instead the boss found on each one acting as hazards.

The cool thing is that the layout of the stage changes everytime it warps you to each section, so it would be a bit more complex compared to Kalos League on that regard.

Being honest too, i wouldn’t mind the idea of the stage reussing the assets from the N Sane Trilogy: the artstyle fits enough for Ultimate.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I really wish the translator didn't mess up and say A Link Between Worlds. It's clearly A Link to the Past Zelda with minor bits taken from A Link Between Worlds.

Glad the Guidance got it right though.
Seriously, If you compare ultimate Zelda side by side with both Link to the past and Link between worlds, she clearly looks more like the former.

That being said, her in-game appearance in Link to the past looks a bit different, being a brunette, so maybe they said ALBW because in that game, she actually looks like her artwork.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Seeing all the dream rosters you guys posted made me think about something

What do you think is the upper limit of characters in smash?

I mean, this game's gonna have 80+ by the end of it's lifecycle, and that already feels pretty overwhelming, but what's the real limit? 100? 130? Over 9000?

D

Deleted member

Just to let you know that I can't see all 8 dolls on that pic, I can only see half of it in my post so I'm keeping my old sig to see them all but I do appreciate you making that for me, thank you once again.
Oh, I meant that your current sig is perfect! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I mean, this game's gonna have 80+ by the end of it's lifecycle, and that already feels pretty overwhelming, but what's the real limit? 100? 130? Over 9000?
It depends on the interest of the developers in regards to new DLC.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman

I can't see Smash ever going over 100 characters. We'll probably have a lot of cuts whenever the next game comes out.

Zeox

Smash Champion

Limit? I dunno... 100 sounds great, but for me there is no limit as long as they find a way to not make the characters so small that is super hard to select them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom