• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Such is the nature of emotions such as happiness.

When are we getting a pure emotion as a fighter in Smash?
I think Existential Dread would be OP
I would main ED, but his matchup is just so terrible against Therapy that he just isn’t viable competitively :ohwell:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The main problem people have with a DQ rep is that music from the game would be a given, and the composer is a living ****stain.
It's true that he has toxic beliefs. But I still see it as a silly reason to not want a DQ rep.

You have to realize that because we are all unique human beings with free will that we all think differently and have different beliefs. So its statistically inevitable that some humans are going to have garbage beliefs. And it's highly likely that atleast one person with garbage beliefs contributed to something we like. Hell, it's likely that someone who worked on Smash in Sakurai's team is a racist or homophobic. What are you going to do? Not play Smash? If there's one thing I learned about life, it's that nothing goes untainted.

D

Deleted member

The stage list is:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • City and Town
  • Vila de Smash
  • Smashtown
  • Smashville(Battlefield version)
  • Smashville(Final Destination version)
  • Smashville(Smashville version)
  • Smashville(Night version)
  • Lylat Cruise
Hazardless Smashville is banned btw
Mark my words, users of Smashboards:

Modders will make clone stages of the ones seen on this list, and we will only get a few that are original.

It happened with Smash 4 and Brawl, so you better have a lot of patience when searching stuff... Because you will swim on the Smash Ultimate section of Gamebanana looking for a creative custom stage in the middle of 9000 Battlefield/Final Destination/Smashville clones...

Unless you only mod skins and characters. Those are generally decent or neat.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
SpongeBob no doubts was the most hype newcomer.
And no, Bayo got so nerfed that now she is lowtier, now the most broken character is Baby Bayonetta.
Of course! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that time that during the middle of a regular SpongeBob episode a splash screen showed up! People say Piranha Plant was a surprise? Just wait until they see THAT!

Zeox

Smash Champion
No, she's not. The last 75 characters on the roster are the DLC. There are no more characters than those on the roster.
There are promotional DLC characters but selected by McDonalds, its promotional stuff, you get a Mcmenu and you recieve a ticket with a code, you put the code in the game and you get a DLC character for free.
Is gonna start next week in 2068.

D

Deleted member

Smash 9 is the only game where you can fight alongside the Fantastic Four, Samus Aran and Crash Bandicoot as Jet Jaguar.

That’s why it is the best game ever.

Also, i am looking at some custom stages for Smash U at Gamebanana... And there’s one called “Better Woolly World” that made me smile after seeing how fake the title was.

According to it, a original and dynamic stage is worse than the 200nd clone of Kalos League

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Of course! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that time that during the middle of a regular SpongeBob episode a splash screen showed up! People say Piranha Plant was a surprise? Just wait until they see THAT!
The sixth Grinch movie, made by the Illuminati, revealed The Grinch is in Smash! Ohh, the nostalgia...

yvngfoxtrot

Smash Cadet
NNID
CharlesFoxtrot
Switch FC
SW 2846-8790-7007
Technically if you get the game digitally every character is DLC

Because you have to download the game, making them....

Downloadable content. :4pacman:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Smash 9 is the only game where you can fight alongside the Fantastic Four, Samus Aran and Crash Bandicoot as Jet Jaguar.

That’s why it is the best game ever.
Don’t forget ending the “Infinity War vs Smash Bros - which is the most ambitious crossover in history?” argument... by adding everyone from those movies! “Every Superhero Is Here!” You can now finally do a free-for-all battle pitting Goku, Black Panther, SpongeBob, and Goomba against each other!

D

Deleted member

Don’t forget ending the “Infinity War vs Smash Bros - which is the most ambitious crossover in history?” argument... by adding everyone from those movies! “Every Superhero Is Here!” You can now finally do a free-for-all battle pitting Goku, Black Panther, SpongeBob, and Goomba against each other!
Too bad that Deadpool ended up being an assist trophy.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Too bad that Deadpool ended up being an assist trophy.
Eh, no one really wanted him anyway. The real crime was relegating Thanos to a Spirit. “He would be too good, he could just snap and kill you instantly” isn’t a good argument when Waluigi can win instantly if he T-poses! IT’S A DISGRACE!

At least Isaac fans finally got their guy in this time. It was long overdue.

D

Deleted member

Aww how cute!! Thank you very much for this!
I'm guessing that this is how my sig should look?
That's perfect! :3
Eh, no one really wanted him anyway. The real crime was relegating Thanos to a Spirit. “He would be too good, he could just snap and kill you instantly” isn’t a good argument when Waluigi can win instantly if he T-poses! IT’S A DISGRACE!

Thanos is a Fortnite Battler Echo Fighter tho... did any of you guys look at the actual roster?
The Final Battle Roster.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I was glad that Doctor Doom was done right in regards to moveset, so i can get over the lack of Thanos.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's true that he has toxic beliefs. But I still see it as a silly reason to not want a DQ rep.

You have to realize that because we are all unique human beings with free will that we all think differently and have different beliefs. So its statistically inevitable that some humans are going to have garbage beliefs. And it's highly likely that atleast one person with garbage beliefs contributed to something we like. Hell, it's likely that someone who worked on Smash in Sakurai's team is a racist or homophobic. What are you going to do? Not play Smash? If there's one thing I learned about life, it's that nothing goes untainted.
I agree. There's really no point in getting worked up over this. This guy is just one of many who are involved with DQ, and I don't think it's fair to punish the fans and everyone who works on the franchise just because of one man's controversial opinions. You can either hold on to what he says and boycott DQ forever, or you can simply enjoy the franchise for what it is while continuing to express your disapproval of the composer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes.
Apart of Namco and Square, every third party company has included on Smash Ultimate two of their franchises for playable picks (Capcom with Street Fighter and Megaman, SEGA with Sonic and Bayonetta and i always expected Konami to do the same).

Konami is also trying to give the public a better look for the company after the stuff with Kojima and Metal Gear Survive. Super Bomberman R was a nice way to start that supposed change, and the amount of Konami stuff in Ultimate is probably related to this objective.

I just hope that the problems that Castlevania Requiem had were just a mistake from their part that they will try to prevent from happening again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh my. I went to sleep and now you’ve all descended into madness.

Anyway, I posted my PlayStation All-Stars roster for anyone who was interested. It’s in the off topic section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom