• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Who’s gonna be your Spirit icon?

I wonder how many Isaac/Geno/Shadow fans will use them as a possible outcry.
Alright this shouldn't too hard.

I got my 8 main playable characters, Ashley, Lyn, Shadow, Bandana Waddle Dee, Pyra, Mythra, Anna, Camilla...

Take that back, this is harder than I thought.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
the opposite of good
HE HAS NO STYLE
HE HAS NO GRACE
THIS ORANGUTAN IS OUT OF PLACE
Got a good laugh out of both of these, not gonna lie.

It's a tough pick when I have Mega Man Volnutt AND Mega Man.EXE to pick from. And I think Roll Caskett? And Alucard?? And Meryl?! And-

Ahem.

There are way too many choices but I'm probably going for either MegaMan.EXE or someone from Mega Man Legends. Not sure who yet.
I think for the character tags, Mega Man, Protoman, Bass, Mega Man X, Wily, Zero, Dr.Light, Roll, Mega Man EXE, Geo, Volnutt, Light Armor Mega Man X and Yellow Devil are the ones you can pick.

There's a ton of Robot Masters, Tron, Roll Caskett, and Sigma who are Spirits, but I don't know if you can use those as online icons along with them.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Geno getting a Spirit AND an icon throws me off.

Makes me think he's a bit less likely to be DLC.

Then he already was, lol. Which was, not likely.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I hope Gardevoir isn't a super hard end of WOL spirit to obtain

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
GUYS

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THE SMASH UNLOCKABLE FAMILY TREE FOR A MOMENT?

There's too many gaps and I want to figure everything out. Like how can I unlock Marth in classic mode and which fighter would it take to get him? What about Pit, Mewtwo, Wolf, Villager, Zamus, Bowser, Corrin, and Meta Knight?
well for Mewtwo, Sakurai decided to make you play one consecutive smash ulimate match for a month straight.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Got a good laugh out of both of these, not gonna lie.

I think for the character tags, Mega Man, Protoman, Bass, Mega Man X, Wily, Zero, Dr.Light, Roll, Mega Man EXE, Geo, Volnutt, Light Armor Mega Man X and Yellow Devil are the ones you can pick.

There's a ton of Robot Masters, Tron, Roll Caskett, and Sigma who are Spirits, but I don't know if you can use those as online icons along with them.
I’m glad you liked that. I only just realised my clever rhymes were mostly just the actual lyrics lol

KiwiK

Smash Rookie
A lot has been happening since I stopped lurking a few weeks ago, so I thought now would be time for me to write some thoughts on DLC.

I know the "spirits deconfirm characters" argument has been tried and done for a good while now, but I decided to revisit this idea now that the entire list of base game Spirits was datamined. One thing I've started noticing about spirits is that whenever there is a spirit that is one of the playable fighters that isn't a fighter spirit, it's an alt. costume or form version (the one exception to this IIRC is Cloud, with his Advent Children alt. as a second fighter spirit).

Mario, for example, despite having a fighter spirit with his default self, has a handful of spirits with him on costumes from other games, such as the Wedding and Tennis outfits from Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Tennis Aces respectively, as well as power-ups. Same for Luigi.

I think it should be obvious that it wouldn't be feasible to move primary or support spirits onto fighter spirits if they turned out to be DLC fighters later on, as it would probably cause a whole set of problems that could have been easily prevented by not including the spirit in the first place.

If this holds any validity, this means any character shown as a primary or support spirit that has their default appearance is basically not going to be DLC. With Verge's recently leaked list of SE reps, this especially hurts Geno's chances.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Belmont combos are gonna be the most unnecessarily complicated **** and I love it.
"Richter?" More like "Rekter" amirite?

Heh, heh. I'll be here all week...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Last update on grazien for now:

F to our agumon friend, it was good time to talk with him here. I talked to him in the pm after this and he said that he will stay away for some time.
I got the same message after checking on him. I really feel bad for him putting up with all of this

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nintendo:
"Snake can't have realistic guns. That's going over the line."
Also Nintendo:
revolver ocelot.png

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Uh, okay. Am I missing a joke here?
-We're still talking about who the hell the Square Enix rep is supposed to be, and licensing problems have been brought up. Sephiroth is mentioned too
-The usual 4chan screenshots to try and jumpstart a shady rumor
-Briefly spoke about the Fate series and its success, and how it's big enough to warrant a presence in Smash
-Graizen feeling defeated because the 4chan bullies got to him
-Hypothetical stuff about "what if this happened" and "how would you go about this?", etc.
-And so on...

Izzat better?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
A lot has been happening since I stopped lurking a few weeks ago, so I thought now would be time for me to write some thoughts on DLC.

I know the "spirits deconfirm characters" argument has been tried and done for a good while now, but I decided to revisit this idea now that the entire list of base game Spirits was datamined. One thing I've started noticing about spirits is that whenever there is a spirit that is one of the playable fighters that isn't a fighter spirit, it's an alt. costume or form version (the one exception to this IIRC is Cloud, with his Advent Children alt. as a second fighter spirit).

Mario, for example, despite having a fighter spirit with his default self, has a handful of spirits with him on costumes from other games, such as the Wedding and Tennis outfits from Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Tennis Aces respectively, as well as power-ups. Same for Luigi.

I think it should be obvious that it wouldn't be feasible to move primary or support spirits onto fighter spirits if they turned out to be DLC fighters later on, as it would probably cause a whole set of problems that could have been easily prevented by not including the spirit in the first place.

If this holds any validity, this means any character shown as a primary or support spirit that has their default appearance is basically not going to be DLC. With Verge's recently leaked list of SE reps, this especially hurts Geno's chances.
Wait

So the Wedding Outfit has a Spirit

The Wedding Outfit you can play as

In this game?

Wow

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Funny, All I wanted is Ice Climbers, and didn't care about Simon too much. But he's lookin' really fun. plus i'm weak to buff arms.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Holy **** that clip of Kirby dying despite touching the ledge during up b isn't a Lylat glitch
It's a Kirby glitch period, he can't grab the ledge with up b anymore
Oh goddammit, twitter already got Lylat banned from a few tourneys thanks to that gif, lmao.

D

Deleted member

I will miss Graizen a lot... He was a nice user to talk with.

I hope that i don’t gain infamy in any form... Because Graizen didn’t deserve most of the stuff that they told to him.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo:
"Snake can't have realistic guns. That's going over the line."
Also Nintendo:
View attachment 180349
Nintendo's pretty weird about their Guniphobia.
-We're still talking about who the hell the Square Enix rep is supposed to be, and licensing problems have been brought up. Sephiroth is mentioned too
-The usual 4chan screenshots to try and jumpstart a shady rumor
-Briefly spoke about the Fate series and its success, and how it's big enough to warrant a presence in Smash
-Graizen feeling defeated because the 4chan bullies got to him
-Hypothetical stuff about "what if this happened" and "how would you go about this?", etc.
-And so on...

Izzat better?
Nah, still don't get it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Last update on grazien for now:

F to our agumon friend, it was good time to talk with him here. I talked to him in the pm after this and he said that he will stay away for some time.
He didn’t deserve the **** he got.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Geno isn't the SE rep, then I'm gonna say it's actually Sora or Crono. Maybe Slime or DQ Protagonist, but DQ still has the whole licensing nightmare around it; SE, Armor Project, and Bird Studios all having to cooperate, plus a composer with...issues, all or some probably making it hard to work with them. It could be Sephiroth, but from what I've seen said of the FF7 composer's situation, then we're very likely not gonna get any new FF7 music tracks, so it'd have to be from another FF game.

I'd also find it strange that they would use Geno of all characters as leak bait, but oh well I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 180334

HEH...KATALINA TALK HUH? TRADEMARK TALK EH?
HEH...AAAAHAH
Remember when we saw Golden Sun get trademarked again? I did.
Worst part is I ain't even an Issac fan, and that still hit the feels when I saw him.

Also uh, looks like I missed some stuff while I was away.

Uhhhh, King K. Rool best heavy babyyy. "The leaks were real." - Joel Vinesauce

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

Tough choice between Anna, Megaman.EXE, Red (Male Pokémon Trainer), Leaf/Green (Female Pokémon Trainer), Ivysaur and Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom