• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wasn't the only thing going against Sassy Geno the fact that it looked like a Project M mod??

Then again, Geno DLC must be pretty close to done if it actually looks like that.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
SHEESH, here I am replying to Alastor and you guys are rapid-firing those keys like the Robot Devil. Slow down, lmao.
Alex_Concerned.png

Oh boy. What the hell is happening this time?
-Square-Enix rep debate
-4chan posts
-FGO being the FGOAT
-Sad Graizen
-Hypotheticals
-The whole wazoo

Also, change your sig to

Not allowed to put faith in anything. Always backfires.

Especially on your Mega Buster. A fat Italian man will ruin everything.

The **** I just get home to
Wait, since when did you leave your house? :vvv

Listen you psychopathic sack of ****, if he actually does have these issues irl look you're saying. WHY DID YOU NOT TRY TO STEP IN AND GET HIM HELP? I refuse to believe people think what the **** you're doing is deemed acceptable by ANY means. You can call their family and express concern! But NOPE LOL WE GOTTA GIVE EM A DEATH THREAT BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET HUGGED ENOUGH AS A CHILD APPARENTLY. **** off. Worms are above your level
This is my current stance with all the Digi-Drama:

Ignore please
Ehh, the usual. Refer to the above post beneath Alastor's quote.

Drama aside......

Did anyone talk about the Hitagi Granblue thing? So originally she made a mistake and said Katalina was coming to smash but.... then she said that Katalina was mistaken for another Granblue game and we just got a Granblue trademark yesterday

So maybe there is truth to Hitagi saying all dlc characters are false but Steve and well we know Verg says a supposed SE rep is coming and we got new "details" on that. I didnt really want to give her the time of day again but..... yeah.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/japanes...ce-from-sega-and-slash-field-from-square-enix
Here's the run-down so far:
-Some of us think Verge might be wrong about DLC in general as well, not just Hitagi
-Something-something "Square is a party pooper!"
-DLC is a whole different monster atm so no one knows what's coming

If we get a character who's big on phones, I think Arturia has better odds in that regard anyway. Comes from a bigger franchise, has games on the Switch, is more well known, isn't strictly gacha-based per se, etc.

D

Deleted member

Reaction: Banjo Mii Costume.

No playable Steve or any Mircosoft content, Rare is silent about it, Sakurai says nothing about or any collaboration on making it.

A Banjo-Kazooie costume just simply exists in the game and nothing more, how do you feel about it?
Better than Madden Player, but dissapointed at the lack of a Minecraft stage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Belmont combos are gonna be the most unnecessarily complicated **** and I love it.
You say that and I want to make a PSA
ATTENTION EVERYONE
I propose we call a sharking Belmont upsmash that kills a Tribute. Because he stole Pikachu's soul and made it his slave

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

No playable Steve/MC or any Microsoft content, Rare is silent about it, Sakurai says nothing about or any collaboration on making it.

A Banjo-Kazooie costume just simply exists in the game and nothing more, how do you feel about it?
I would like that

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Belmont combos are gonna be the most unnecessarily complicated **** and I love it.
Lol, if someone manages to set this up on you, at that point you just unplug the controller and go home.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Cool. Kid Buu's also pretty fun. Goku Black's simple, but for some reason I haven't gotten into the groove with him like I did Gohan and Vegeta. His Down-H is that real good **** too.
I swear Goku Black can literally connect anything from like... across the screen. I'm shocked with how well his Lvl 3 connects with pretty much any setup combo.

I also use Teen Gohan and the Blues as anchors sometimes, in case I wanna save my meter up for a Lvl 5 super.

Drama aside......

Did anyone talk about the Hitagi Granblue thing? So originally she made a mistake and said Katalina was coming to smash but.... then she said that Katalina was mistaken for another Granblue game and we just got a Granblue trademark yesterday

So maybe there is truth to Hitagi saying all dlc characters are false but Steve and well we know Verg says a supposed SE rep is coming and we got new "details" on that. I didnt really want to give her the time of day again but..... yeah.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/japanes...ce-from-sega-and-slash-field-from-square-enix
Thank god they dropped the colon. Always looked weird to me. Looking forward to Granblue Fes to see what new info comes out.

As for DLC in general, we really don't know... anything. Verg is now coming in and saying that a Minecraft boss might be in the game, which could qualify as Minecraft content.
The only reason we keep talking about Steve and a Square rep is because those are the only things that can really be speculated on without taking a complete shot in the dark.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I prefer Chunky Kong.
That's fine. Though I think he's probably my 2nd least favorite after Kiddy Kong.

Lol, if someone manages to set this up on you, at that point you just unplug the controller and go home.
It's not quite Galaxy Brain as Pac-Man's shenanigans, but it looks fun. I just hope to enjoy getting decent K.O.s with Flame Sword.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

No playable Steve/MC or any Microsoft content, Rare is silent about it, Sakurai says nothing about or any collaboration on making it.

Refer to my post with the triggered Geno except it's Banjo-Kazooie.

D

Deleted member

-Square-Enix rep debate
-4chan posts
-FGO being the FGOAT
-Sad Graizen
-Hypotheticals
-The whole wazoo

Also, change your sig to

Not allowed to put faith in anything. Always backfires.

Especially on your Mega Buster. A fat Italian man will ruin everything.
Uh, okay. Am I missing a joke here?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
You say that and I want to make a PSA
ATTENTION EVERYONE
I propose we call a sharking Belmont upsmash that kills a Tribute. Because he stole Pikachu's soul and made it his slave
Thanks alot, now I am imaging the "How to play Simon/richter 101" by alpharad with laughing track from johnny test thrown in everytime whenever Simon/Richter got kill with their whips.

Johnny Test in cowboy outfit mod for Simon/Ricther when?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

As someone who doesn't feel strongly one way or the other about Banjo?

I'd feel pretty good for the fans.

...until I remember we're going to have to listen to an onslaught of "BANJO IS A LOCK FOR NEXT GAME BECAUSE MII OUTFIT" like we did with the Geno, Ashley and Takamaru fanbases and watch the painful crash and burn when it turns out Banjo is inevitably far from a lock.

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We're immediately looking into the situation. No more reports are needed about the drama. Thank you for the reports though.

Please move on and just resume normal conversations.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Even if I felt constant character shilling was annoying, I can guarantee you that as an observer I find pages upon pages of people yelling at someone to be infinitely more annoying.

Anyways, I basically dislike most of the leaked SE character choices. I'm not thrilled. The ones I like best are Sora and Geno. The rest? Meh.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Who’s gonna be your Spirit icon?

I wonder how many Isaac/Geno/Shadow fans will use them as a possible outcry.
It's a tough pick when I have Mega Man Volnutt AND Mega Man.EXE to pick from. And I think Roll Caskett? And Alucard?? And Meryl?! And-

Ahem.

There are way too many choices but I'm probably going for either MegaMan.EXE or someone from Mega Man Legends. Not sure who yet.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Here's an interesting question: in that Gaming tweet deconfirming a 2nd direct, it mentions "nintendo live" . Have we gotten anything like that yet?
For context
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
GUYS

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THE SMASH UNLOCKABLE FAMILY TREE FOR A MOMENT?

There's too many gaps and I want to figure everything out. Like how can I unlock Marth in classic mode and which fighter would it take to get him? What about Pit, Mewtwo, Wolf, Villager, Zamus, Bowser, Corrin, and Meta Knight?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Simon is looking fun as hell. He's easily the second most hypeworthy newcomer for me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
When you're one of the Squenix 7 and they say

• Sephiroth would promote the FF7 port and possibly explain why there's so little FF7 content
  • All the DQ reps would promote DQ in the West and for Japan bring two iconic characters or Luminary into the battle
  • Chrono Trigger had more of an impact than your game did

but you just

don't

CARE
ljP9uCi.gif

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is Skull Kid an icon...?

If yes; Skull Kid, Absolutely Safe Capsule, Geno, etc.

If not; take Skull Kid out of the list :(

-

New FF music is very unlikely because of the composer's situation, so idk if we're getting Sephiroth unless the new music wouldn't be from FF7.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Last update on grazien for now:

F to our agumon friend, it was good time to talk with him here. I talked to him in the pm after this and he said that he will stay away for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom