• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Grazien was bashed by two people for making fake leaks and being big about agumon which forces him to stop posting in this thread for now.
He got bullied by two users here for constantly bringing up Augmon and Smash. I don't think he should've left because of it, but it is what is sadly.
He got harassed by some users because of Agumon.
One even created an account here today just to jump on him in any form.
He won’t be here for a long time...
Oh, wow... That's a huge bummer
He was super passionate about Agumon, and I can appreciate that. It's not everyday you'd see someone like him supporting their most wanted character that much... I liked him... And his passion towards Agumon worked. He's the reason I'm now an Agumon supporter...

I'll miss ya, Grazien
You did nothing wrong...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think that the whole "no realistc guns" thing comes basically from this principle.
"is an actual kid able to be subject to this weapon violence outside a war enviorment?" which is understandable why stuff like hand guns, or colts, or basically the kinda of stuff parents actually buy for protection may be banned from smash (including Knifes), but feet guns are ok.

Also why i think thay changed Snake Land mine smash, cause i'm sure that nintendo wants to reach the bigger ammount of people they can, and you know.. in some places in teh word,people actually minding their own business loose legs or relatives due to landmines.

But to be attacked by an RPG... well, thats not exactly something a civilian may be subjected under normal conditions

may be wrong though...
I'm gonna buy an arm cannon like Samus's to protect my homestead when I have a family.
Take that, Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Ay yo, can we put this post on top of the literal ****ing website. We need more vibes like this.
Even if your character looks bleak, look at it this way.

****ing Ridley and Snake got in, and we all considered them never to happen again after Smash For. Sky's the limit.
I also had to deal with scummy people back when Crash and Metroid didn’t get new games, Godzilla had Final Wars as his latest movie and the Fantastic Four were globally hated during the 2015 movie.

A lot of people IRL and online jumped on me in any form for even believing that any of those four franchises would make a comeback in any form (the worst coming from Saselandia, Federation Force and Fox).

But in the end, i won over those harassers: Crash got a great comeback with a cool level in Skylanders and the N.Sane Trilogy, Metroid got two new games in development (Samus Returns and Prime 4), Fox is now owned by Disney with the Fantastic Four having their main series of comics back... And Godzilla got the wonderful Shin Godzilla, surprisingly decent American movies and even an anime trilogy.

If i had to take a lesson from all of these things... It would be to never give up, and keep fighting for my dreams.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Have we seen footage of Shadow’s Assist Trophy in the English version yet? I keep hearing people say he got new lines and want to check for myself.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Looks like Konami twitter got in as well!
Now what's next for day 8?
Betting Sega or Capcom

monadoboy

Smash Lord
No, it comes from a PotD where Sakurai said they made the blaster less realistic and people rode that as meaning "NO REALISTIC GUNS" ever since.
I think it comes from this

Said plainly, Snake in Smash Bros. would have to be able to do things he couldn’t normally do. For example, in the Metal Gear Solid games, Snake doesn’t jump. He doesn’t have Smash attacks, and there are no midair battles. However, it wouldn’t be Smash Bros without those elements, so we developed certain moves just for him. Also, we could incorporate heavy weapons like bombs and rocket launchers as jokes, but things like knives, automatic weapons, and realistic guns were off-limits. Since this also affected the other characters, even though I decided on Snake myself, I needed to receive permission from their original creators.
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/06/16/solid-snake-joins-the-brawl-translation/
-

D

Deleted member

I also had to deal with scummy people back when Crash and Metroid didn’t get new games, Godzilla had Final Wars as his latest movie and the Fantastic Four were globally hated during the 2015 movie.

A lot of people IRL and online jumped on me in any form for even believing that any of those four franchises would make a comeback in any form (the worst coming from Saselandia, Federation Force and Fox).

But in the end, i won over those harassers: Crash got a great comeback with a cool level in Skylanders and the N.Sane Trilogy, Metroid got two new games in development (Samus Returns and Prime 4), Fox is now owned by Disney with the Fantastic Four having their main series of comics back... And Godzilla got the wonderful Shin Godzilla, surprisingly decent American movies and even an anime trilogy.

If i had to take a lesson from all of these things... It would be to never give up, and keep fighting for my dreams.
Man, Crash really has to be the character comeback story of this decade, because MAN DID HIS GAMES BEFORE N. SANE TRILOGY ****ING BLEW LMAO

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think that the whole "no realistc guns" thing comes basically from this principle.
"is an actual kid able to be subject to this weapon violence outside a war enviorment?" which is understandable why stuff like hand guns, or colts, or basically the kinda of stuff parents actually buy for protection may be banned from smash (including Knifes), but feet guns are ok.

Also why i think thay changed Snake Land mine smash, cause i'm sure that nintendo wants to reach the bigger ammount of people they can, and you know.. in some places in teh word,people actually minding their own business loose legs or relatives due to landmines.

But to be attacked by an RPG... well, thats not exactly something a civilian may be subjected under normal conditions

may be wrong though...
Are you saying that a Colt Single Action Army the greatest handgun ever made that can chamber six shots, more than enough to kill anything that moves, while also having the unique sensation of slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased chamber, isn't dangerous?

If you can challenge that, well... you're pretty good.

D

Deleted member

Man, Crash really has to be the character comeback story of this decade, because MAN DID HIS GAMES BEFORE N. SANE TRILOGY ****ING BLEW LMAO
The reveal of the Skylanders content and the remasters at E3 2016 was a dream that became true for me back then.
With the music and all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reaction: Banjo Mii Costume.

No playable Steve/MC or any Microsoft content, Rare is silent about it, Sakurai says nothing about or any collaboration on making it.

A Banjo-Kazooie costume just simply exists in the game and nothing more, how do you feel about it?
I think I'd go through all 5 stages of grief.

Seriously though, If Nintendo didn't care what we wanted, then 2 of the dlc characters from the last game wouldn't have been relativly obscure characters that only the smash fandom cared about. I feel that Geno and Banjo are going to be the Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy of this DLC roster. The characters we've been begging for. Then we'll get other characters that will be the Ryu, Corrin, and Cloud/Bayonetta.

D

Deleted member

and yoshi isn't beginner friendly enough? not to be rude to the yosh, but he is one of the easiest characters to play i mean, misus recovery
My idea for her was to just remove all the jank from Yoshi's moveset lol. Basically just get rid of the flutter jump, tether grab, and up b (probably in lieu of Elwind but with an egg. The grounded version would just have her spit an egg forward) to make her easier to control, because I just cannot get used to Yoshi no matter how much I play as him. Plus Birdo has that LGBT representation going for her, and normalizing our community in digital media can go a long way towards pushing acceptance at large.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
and yoshi isn't beginner friendly enough? not to be rude to the yosh, but he is one of the easiest characters to play i mean, misus recovery
to play yoshi you literally have to abandon the rules you've learned about getting back on stage, and having an up b as a projectile is a lot different than the rest of the cast as well. He's a fairly odd character fundamentally.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In relation to characters like Mario, Bayonetta and Kirby? Not really...
Wait....do you think Bayonetta is easy to play?

Like effectively?

Because there's actually quite a bit of skill required to do those zany ass combos of hers just like in her game.

Sure you can button mash, but it's not gonna really get you anywhere, once again, just like in her source game.

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
That 1 game has gone on to garner a huge cult following
emphasis on cult

cult following defoniton:

A cult following is a group of fans who are highly dedicated to a work of culture, often referred to as a cult classic. A film, book, musical artist, television series or video game, among other things, is said to have a cult following when it has a small but very passionate fanbase.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally feel that, while trying my best to act nice and respectful to every user on the website, i have made a few mistakes from time to time that made some users here look at me in a strange way.

Maybe my hyperactivity got the worst from me at some moments, but i feel that i may be on time of fixing those mistakes.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I just realized, if grazien stopped posting in here and then that means we can't have new screenshots of haighi confirming something new anymore

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY THE WORLD BE SO CRUEL TO US?
Meh, Hitagi isn't exactly reliable atm. I could give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's been duped with his information, but even so, this tells us that we won't have any concrete information until something official is out first.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
My idea for her was to just remove all the jank from Yoshi's moveset lol. Basically just get rid of the flutter jump, tether grab, and up b (probably in lieu of Elwind but with an egg. The grounded version would just have her spit an egg forward) to make her easier to control, because I just cannot get used to Yoshi no matter how much I play as him. Plus Birdo has that LGBT representation going for her, and normalizing our community in digital media can go a long way towards pushing acceptance at large.
okay so idk if you consider birdo trans representation but I am pretty sure that birdo is just a dude wearing a bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom