• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So what are you guys gonna do first when you boot up Ultimate?

For me there are 4 things:
Press Start
Turn off tap jump
Go into WoL and unlock Villager
Finish Villager's classic mode to unlock my Monado Boi
Press start, turn off tap jump, head for Link's classic mode, unlock the King.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Something something news:
Sony recently made a new patent for the Sony console from I dunno.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...eveloping-a-new-kind-of-game-cartridge.83426/

Seems like Sony is following a similar formula as the Switch!
It's just for a kid's toy that's currently only in Japan.
Can anyone educate me on the Lords of Shadow series? It's such a big collective "didn't actually happen" from the CV community(hell, even Smash seems to have a total of 0 references to it) that I have no idea of what it's actually like in terms of gameplay and lore.
They're the only good 3D Castlevania games.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait, you can unlock characters from classic mode? Can I see a source for this?
Can't grab it right now, but multiple streams from people who got the game early have them being challenged after each classic mode run. If someone hasn't found it already, when I can I'll grab a source.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Actually it doesn't, both Order of Ecclesia songs are taken from Harmony of Despair. Although those are still phenomenonal remixes
I see! I only really used Harmony of Despair as my "I want to go fight some enemies as my favorite characters half an hour at a time" game so I don't think I ever heard those before.

More reason to add Shanoa. Let's go, Nintendo, let's go.

D

Deleted member

I hope the character who you can unlock after a classic mode isn't random. I really want my boy day one

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait, you can unlock characters from classic mode? Can I see a source for this?
Too lazy to pull up any source but I can definitely tell you it's true. It also seems to be the only "set" way to unlock characters besides WoL. Link's classic mode has consistently given people K. Rool, I believe Mario has consistently given people Sonic, etc.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I hope the character who you can unlock after a classic mode isn't random. I really want my boy day one
I know K. Rool is not random, one of the ways of unlocking him is beating Ganon. Which Link, of course, does.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What you guys are playing while waiting for SSBU?

Right now just bought n sane trilogy on a sale, and Im playing that on my switch.

Good game to remember my childhood, i think they did a great job remaking those games.
Funny, I just finished SoTN yesterday with Alucard and was surprised to see the amount of people saying the same thing. I've been aware of Castlevania for a long time thanks to SomecallmeJohnny (who also made me the Metroid fanatic I am today, love you my man) but it wasn't until it joined Smash that I decided it'd be a good time to start playing some of the games. Not disappointed so far, probably gonna play 1, 3 and 4 next cause after SoTN and Xenoblade 2 I need a break from RPG-style games lol.
So what are you guys gonna do first when you boot up Ultimate?

For me there are 4 things:
Press Start
Turn off tap jump
Go into WoL and unlock Villager
Finish Villager's classic mode to unlock my Monado Boi
After setting some things up, 8 player on Brinstar Depths because I must see HD Kraid with my own two eyes. Then Classic mode with Mario so I can unlock Sonic, and probably figuring out how to unlock the rest of my mains from there while starting WoL.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I think right now Im playing the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, My Hero One's Justice, Brawlout, Warframe, Warriors Orochi 4, Soul Calibur 6, and Destiny 2 at the moment myself

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So... to unlock Ridley I have to unlock Lucina... and to unlock Lucina I have to unlock Marth... oh godammit...
Marth is one of the first paths you can take in WoL. Unlock him in WoL, run through his classic mode for Lucina, then Lucina's for Ridley. Strat set. Just need to figure out DeDeDe and Mewtwo now.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
All this Castlevania Talk and I'm just here bothered that we don't have a full Richter mode game when it's the best things in every game that mode appears in a gameplay standpoint.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How has the game leaked and we still haven't had all the victory animations?

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Marth is one of the first paths you can take in WoL. Unlock him in WoL, run through his classic mode for Lucina, then Lucina's for Ridley. Strat set. Just need to figure out DeDeDe and Mewtwo now.
I have to play as Lucina to get Ridley?

Damn...the rounds method of getting the characters sounds like the better option just now. XD

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Dang. To unlock Bowser Jr. I have to:
Either unlock him through VS, which ain't happening, since he's the 3rd to last character.

Or Classic: Fox > Captain Falcon > Falco (3 times? Peach & Daisy come first) > Bowser Jr.
Or by playing DK's classic twice, since Pokemon Trainer comes first. (I don't know if this will work)

This is very confusing.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I have to play as Lucina to get Ridley?

Damn...the rounds method of getting the characters sounds like the better option just now. XD
No offense, but waiting 10 minutes only to unlock a random character you may not want doesn't sound nearly as good as going down a straight set path for your character.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Castlevania's Netflix series kinda made me want Sypha in Smash lol.

Also apparently Chrom and Lucario are both unlocked by Yoshi. Which one has priority though?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
No offense, but waiting 10 minutes only to unlock a random character you may not want doesn't sound nearly as good as going down a straight set path for your character.
You can reset the timer by closing the game and opening it again.

D

Deleted member

>202X
>Smash Infinity announced
>Newcomer trailer time
>Logo cuts the screen and we're greeted to Dracula's Castle
>Sypha is fighting Bayonetta, Trevor is on the ground
>Splashscreen: "Sypha Stones The Audience!"
>Smash fanbase lets out a big "WHAT!?"
>Gameplay segment
>Back to CGI
>Bayo kicking her ***
>Suddenly three fireballs appear out of nowhere and a pillar of flame erupts in the middle of the room
>Sypha: "W-what?"
>???: "Are you unhurt?"
>???: "Do not worry any longer."
>Splashscreen: "Alucard Backdashes Into Action!"
>Anyone with good taste celebrates
>Gameplay segment
>Trailer ends
>But Wait There's More
>We see Trevor in the ground as Sypha and Alucard fight offscreen
>Trevor: "I guess I'll get my chance... another day..."
>???: "It's okay, I'll take it from here!"
>Grant Danasty Castlevania Judegement™ is summoned as part of Alucard's Final Smash
>"PS.: Also enjoy the Trevor Spirit"
>Castlevania becomes the new Fire Emblem
Engrave this post on my tombstone, this is how I want to be remembered

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Dang. To unlock Bowser Jr. I have to:
Either unlock him through VS, which ain't happening, since he's the 3rd to last character.

Or Classic: Fox > Captain Falcon > Falco (3 times? Peach & Daisy come first) > Bowser Jr.
Or by playing DK's classic twice, since Pokemon Trainer comes first. (I don't know if this will work)

This is very confusing.
Was it ever confirmed that Amiibo will unlock characters too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom