• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've been playing Richter Mode in SotN. It's kinda weird he's become my most hyped newcomer to play as when I didn't even know he existed before August 8th.
This makes me so happy. Between the Netflix show and Smash a whole new group of Castlevania fans are being made.

It's funny, during Smash 4 all I wanted for Castlevania representation was Simon. I never dreamed we'd get a stage, tons of music, an item, an assist trophy of my favorite character, and my favorite Belmont as an echo. Castlevania was made for Smash and it's just plain wonderful.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What you guys are playing while waiting for SSBU?

Right now just bought n sane trilogy on a sale, and Im playing that on my switch.

Good game to remember my childhood, i think they did a great job remaking those games.
40 hour job and school, my favorite two games.

...That and some Porkymen in between.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Right now just bought n sane trilogy on a sale, and Im playing that on my switch.

Good game to remember my childhood, i think they did a great job remaking those games.
I've got a five page essay due tomorrow that I'm halfway finished with and five-six page essay due next Wednesday that I still have yet to start. And I've got finals in three classes that I have to study for. I barely have time to slack off here, let alone play video games.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

FInished Symphony of the Night not too long ago, it was a game I had been planning to get through for ages, and Richter getting into Smash was the final push I needed to get it done. Fantastic game aswell, and not that long either (I completed it in 7 hours iirc), so I can definitely recommend it. I also replayed Metroid Prime for the millionth time, can never get enough of that game.

Atm I'm going through the Spyro Reignited Trilogy 100%, and other than that I'm just playing Melee with my brothers. We'll switch to Smash 4 when we get to the last week stretch, just so we get a better feel of the transition to Ultimate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am also getting good marks recently.

I have a 10 on everything related to english, a 9,1 in my latest History test, and a lot of sevens and sixs on everything else.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I have a 10 on everything related to english, a 9,1 in my latest History test, and a lot of sevens and sixs on everything else.
That's good to hear. To be honest I kinda miss getting high grades.

D

Deleted member

This makes me so happy. Between the Netflix show and Smash a whole new group of Castlevania fans are being made.

It's funny, during Smash 4 all I wanted for Castlevania representation was Simon. I never dreamed we'd get a stage, tons of music, an item, an assist trophy of my favorite character, and my favorite Belmont as an echo. Castlevania was made for Smash and it's just plain wonderful.
The Netflix series was my first exposure to the series but I didn't actually get around to playing the games until after Simon and Richter were announced. I was planning on starting with SotN but I started first with CVI and CVIII since those were shorter but I did eventually play SotN and I loved it.

D

Deleted member

Nothing wrong with doing that sure.

I dunno if doing that qualifies as "remxing" something if youre just changing the soundfont and not touching the actual notes of the midi.
I'd say it does. That's just me though.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Clearly posting on Smashboards is helping you with English. Who said we aren't educational?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Castlevania IV is an underrated gem. Played for the first time a couple weeks ago.
The controllers are so smooth and on point!
Same here, have it on my SNES Classic.
Prior to this, I only played Order of Ecclesia, Symphony of the Night, and Harmony of Dissonance.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm in a similar boat lol. I had interest in the series due to it's legacy, bought Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate which I did enjoy, played the original years later, saw Somecallmejohnny/SGB's videos on the matter and got more interested. I told a friend of mine about the rumours about Simon and he, a Castlevania nut, squeed and after hearing I wanted to get into the franchise more, snagged me a copy of Portrait of Ruin which I adored. Then the Belmonts actually got in and I got Super CV4, Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia, which is now one of my favourite games of all time

D

Deleted member

Can anyone educate me on the Lords of Shadow series? It's such a big collective "didn't actually happen" from the CV community(hell, even Smash seems to have a total of 0 references to it) that I have no idea of what it's actually like in terms of gameplay and lore.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

My 1st semester has been... OK-ish.
I've got As in both my elective classes, Philosophy and Music Theory.
Linear Algebra I'm constantly switching between A- & B+. The final will pretty much determine that.
Computer Science (my major) has been... rough recently. I failed my 2nd midterm (not by much but it's still failing) so I'm somewhere int the B-/C+ range.
But if all goes well for the final programming project and the final exam, I could still end up walking away with a B/B+ (or A- if enough people influence the curve).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Lol here I am seeing everyone talk about their grades, and i’m a teacher.

Yeah, a teacher who HAPPENS TO HAVE TAKEN A DAY OFF NEXT FRIDAY! Muahahaha!

D

Deleted member

Red Dead Redemption 2 still has me sucked in and I've gotten back into The Binding of Isaac, but I've also been considering buying the Spyro remaster.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm in a similar boat lol. I had interest in the series due to it's legacy, bought Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate which I did enjoy, played the original years later, saw Somecallmejohnny/SGB's videos on the matter and got more interested. I told a friend of mine about the rumours about Simon and he, a Castlevania nut, squeed and after hearing I wanted to get into the franchise more, snagged me a copy of Portrait of Ruin which I adored. Then the Belmonts actually got in and I got Super CV4, Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia, which is now one of my favourite games of all time
Order of Ecclesia, Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night are my favorites. I used to play Simon's Quest a ton as a kid and Order is basically the ideas from that game except, y'know, good. As much as my head knows that if we got another Castlevania rep it should be Alucard or Soma Cruz, I would die on the spot if it was Shanoa. So happy OoE has two remixes in Smash.

Zeox

Smash Champion

Kirby Star allies, and in 3 days is my BDay and I'm pretty sure my brother is gonna get me Mario Odyssey, so that will do too.

D

Deleted member

oh my ****ing god smash ultimate comes out next friday

I'm so. ****ing. HYPED

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Can anyone educate me on the Lords of Shadow series? It's such a big collective "didn't actually happen" from the CV community(hell, even Smash seems to have a total of 0 references to it) that I have no idea of what it's actually like in terms of gameplay and lore.
It's more a God of War-ish hack and slash with a reboot storyline. It's alright for what it is but it's a radical departure in gameplay and the established lore. Mirror of Fate tries to mash that new formula into a Metroidvania style castle to mixed results.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Order of Ecclesia, Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night are my favorites. I used to play Simon's Quest a ton as a kid and Order is basically the ideas from that game except, y'know, good. As much as my head knows that if we got another Castlevania rep it should be Alucard or Soma Cruz, I would die on the spot if it was Shanoa. So happy OoE has two remixes in Smash.
Actually it doesn't, both Order of Ecclesia songs are taken from Harmony of Despair. Although those are still phenomenonal remixes

Untouch

Smash Master

I have about 800 things to do for university this week, then next week I have finals.
At least it's serving as a distraction.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Some people are into it. I'm not. They're fine in a vacuum, I guess, but they're not really in the main timeline and I just didn't find the whole God of War vibe very inspired.

Castlevania has a beauty to its horror. Lords of Shadows felt kinda mindless I guess and nothing about the revamped story grabbed me. I'd rather just take the main series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what are you guys gonna do first when you boot up Ultimate?

For me there are 4 things:
Press Start
Turn off tap jump
Go into WoL and unlock Villager
Finish Villager's classic mode to unlock my Monado Boi

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Thank God I'm finished with classes at 1 pm.
My friends and I are dedicating the rest of the day to Smash Ultimate.
We meet up every Friday to play Smash 4, in preparation for Ultimate.
We're probably spending most of the day unlocking people though.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lords of Shadow was far from the worst 'reboot' an established series tried to have, but it's still pretty bleh. The first game just felt like a mediocre amalgamation of games that were popular at the time and was an "okay I guess" hack and slash at best. Took itself a bit too seriously (Even though I actually think the story is pretty okay), and just kinda took what made Castlevania unique and just reduced it to textbook, by the books medevil fantasy.

Mirror of Fate was okay, and I hear Lords of Shadow 2 was pretty fun from a gameplay perspective, but at the end of the day it just wasn't what people wanted or expected from Castlevania and it suffered because of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom