• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
HOLY **** THERE'S A MAPPY MEDLEY!?

I need this in my life now.
I love Mappy, it's one of my favorite arcade games.

I read through the leaked milestones and it does.
"\0㿿テ촀\0\0＀ joined the battle!"

Oh yeah, \0㿿テ촀\0\0＀ is my favorite Smash character.

Do you remember when \0㿿テ촀\0\0＀ first appeared in SSE? Man, that made my heart flutter.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Scrooge McDuck is the absolute best Disney rep they could have tbh. One of his victory animations better be him swimming in the money bin.
I've said it a few times in this thread (but it's a big thread) but the only media characters I'd not only accept but welcome with open arms in Smash are Scrooge and James Bond in his GoldenEye 007 form.

Scrooge would be my favorite, though. It's part of why I'd enjoy Cranky Kong with the pogo cane. Nothing beats the original but at least I could pretend.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Why not Popeye?
Popeye would be acceptable but outside of "wow, it's Popeye!" I wouldn't have as much fun as I would with Scrooge. Scrooge would bring great music (The Moon theme alone, c'mon), a fun moveset, an interesting stage, and DuckTales is an important game in gaming history as well. Plus, honestly, I'm biased because I love DuckTales.

Popeye would be interesting for historical reasons but I feel would bring less.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Too lazy to pull up any source but I can definitely tell you it's true. It also seems to be the only "set" way to unlock characters besides WoL. Link's classic mode has consistently given people K. Rool, I believe Mario has consistently given people Sonic, etc.
Anyone still find it slightly hilarious that it requires Link, of all characters, to unlock King K Rool?

So who so you guys think will be the last unlockable characters for everyone to get? Because my boy, Roy, is unlocked by Little Mac

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Anyone still find it slightly hilarious that it requires Link, of all characters, to unlock King K Rool?

So who so you guys think will be the last unlockable characters for everyone to get? Because my boy, Roy, is unlocked by Little Mac
Doc is last on the VS. match list so probably him for me TBH.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
HOLY **** THERE'S A MAPPY MEDLEY!?

I need this in my life now.
I love Mappy, it's one of my favorite arcade games.

"\0㿿テ촀\0\0＀ joined the battle!"

Oh yeah, \0㿿テ촀\0\0＀ is my favorite Smash character.

Do you remember when \0㿿テ촀\0\0＀ first appeared in SSE? Man, that made my heart flutter.
Yǎtechyess (from google translate) is top tier

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I like how a lot of the changes to Dr. Mario just amount to him looking a lot more intense when he attacks.

I enjoy the idea of Doc just being a much more brutal and intense fighter than Mario, I think that's pretty funny.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So for me to get Roy, I'd have to unlock Little Mac who is unlocked by Bayonetta, who is unlocked by Sonic, who is unlocked by Mario

lmao wut I'd have to deal with a character that I enjoy but too fast, then a character I dislike, then a character that I may struggle with?

Okay that's quite an interesting combination of love and hate here. Sakurai probably knows my way of fighting

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Dang. To unlock Bowser Jr. I have to:
Either unlock him through VS, which ain't happening, since he's the 3rd to last character.

Or Classic: Fox > Captain Falcon > Falco (3 times? Peach & Daisy come first) > Bowser Jr.
Or by playing DK's classic twice, since Pokemon Trainer comes first. (I don't know if this will work)

This is very confusing.
Hes not really 3rd to last, the spreadsheet is still missing ~13 characters

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys. I found an image that breaks down who unlocks who in Classic. It's not complete, but it should give you a general idea on the best route.

JwZNUgx.jpg

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey guys. I found an image that breaks down who unlocks who in Classic. It's not complete, but it should give you a general idea on the best route.

Aw man, someone did what I was trying to do yesterday and made it 100x better than what I could do. Major props to them!

Edit: oh, one error I found, you can get Lucario by beating classic with Yoshi.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's just people who want them all off the bat or to have a specific character.
(May be worth it in some cases too where you just want the roster for a tourney or something)
But yeah I think it's worth playing through with what's there and steadily get new ones to play with :)
Yeah. I was gonna do everyone’s classic mode anyway too. I’ll probably do that first then play through WoL.

Still wish we had a more Subspace Emissary esque campaign though (not just because you could unlock everybody through it either)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah. I was gonna do everyone’s classic mode anyway too. I’ll probably do that first then play through WoL.

Still wish we had a more Subspace Emissary esque campaign though (not just because you could unlock everybody through it either)
Oof, everyone? That's a lot of classic modes :O

WoL seems interesting. I'll probably only do classic mode once in a while. I'll mostly play versus matches to unlock, I think.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yǎtechyess (from google translate) is top tier
Honestly, Yatechyess sounds like a pretty cool name.

It seems like they're tying a lot of the Newcomers and returning cuts to each other, because:

K Rool unlocks ICs
ICs Unlock Simon
Simon unlocks Young Link
Young Link unlocks Richter
Snake unlocks Richter
Isabelle unlocks Pichu
Ridley unlocks Chrom

Pakky

Smash Hero
So this is a dumb fanfic thought but imagine her with dual flint-lock pistols

1543348235148.jpeg

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's just for a kid's toy that's currently only in Japan.

They're the only good 3D Castlevania games.
:glare:
Castlevania's Netflix series kinda made me want Sypha in Smash lol.
Sypha and Alucard are gonna make it in before Trevor. You heard it here first, folks.
That ***** better have a Charlotte echo or something considering she stole Charlotte's best spell
More reason to add Shanoa. Let's go, Nintendo, let's go.
Nah Charlotte's WAY cooler.
She can like, summon **** from her books and Sypha just does generic mage garbage.

Plus we all know we have to have a switching mechanic with JONATHAN, CHARLOTTE, JONNATHAN, CHARLOTTE
*sees no Soma Cruz or Maria Renard, and Trevor getting shafted*
cje45.jpg

*remembers that they're the only non-Player/Assist/Stage Hazard/Boss characters with Smash Icons*

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’m not paying extra for online and have no friends. How else am I gonna get time out of this game.
Oh. Well, I suppose if you're only going at it single player, then sure. It's possible to unlock with the other modes too.

Considering that it's just 20$ for a year of the online, I think it's worth it to play with others. There's bound to be a few people around that want to find others to play too tho, so keep your eye out, maybe there's an fb group in your region. Feel free to disregard what im saying tho. Play how you like :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom