• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wanted to get your opinion on this buddy if it is a DQ rep. What two-three songs do you think will come with the DQ character. If its Sephiroth what two-three songs do you think will come with him and what would be his stage? Do you think Square would allow George Newbern to be his English VA? As far as I am aware George Newbern is not a union VA so it could be possible. Also if Banjo is in what songs would come with him?
If it's a Dairy Queen rep then it's vanilla and choco.. XD Ok seriously, umm of course a DQ rep must have the DQ theme regardless of who it might be (Overture), You know, that track alone would be a huge leap for Smash. My second guess goes to the battle theme. Those two are the most recognizable.
Here are some examples. Orchestral, as I hope that's the case.
Overture (I'd love if they had Dai's though ;) )
Battle theme

Sephiroth, well definitely his theme. You know of it, The One Winged Angle. I know of no other, and this one fills the list tbh. As for the stage, either Planet's Core or Nibelheim. George, I have no clue. If you haven't mentioned him, I wouldn't even know of his existence. Is there's a reason that might stop Square from doing that?
Umm, Banjo... Definitely Spiral Mountain. Most of the rest sound similar, and honestly to the annoying side. So I'd go for Click Clock Wood.

D

Deleted member

Leakers out there finding stupid bs before the game even releases so they can be oatched out asap are the true heroes.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My Ethernet adapter for my switch should be arriving today.
Gettin' geared up to take you fools down

(please play with me :( )

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
K. Rool has a ton of potential as is, but I feel like he'll get progressively worse through patches. I just don't think think they balanced him properly, especially when they decided to give him one of the best recoveries for a heavy.

Ridley is someone who I really want to pick up, but how he moves forward is a big question mark. Feels like he's been underestimated a lot lately because of his glaring flaws, and I'd like to see if him picking up a few buffs could change that.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Guys, we finally did it, Mario is now confirmed for Smash! Even though he is an obscure character, Mario is finally recognized by Nintendo and he is now in Smash! I congratulate his supporters, Mario truely deserved it!

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

Guys, we finally did it, Mario is now confirmed for Smash! Even though he is an obscure character, Mario is finally recognized by Nintendo and he is now in Smash! I congratulate his supporters, Mario truely deserved it!
Fake leaks, this "Nintendo UK" guy got a lot of things wrong in the past, I don't trust him.

Graizen

Smash Champion
If we have Crono, Sephiroth and DQ rep.
I think we get Crono for sure.
Square in my opinion will not put another FF rep.
DQ is very unlikely, thats what Hitagi and Verge sources said.

So this gives us a 90% of Crono for Smash.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
If we have Crono, Sephiroth and DQ rep.
I think we get Crono for sure.
Square in my opinion will not put another FF rep.
DQ is very unlikely, thats what Hitagi and Verge sources said.

So this gives us a 90% of Crono for Smash.
They said DQ were very unlikely? This is the first time I've heard this.

That sucks for me, if true.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
*talking to friends about that whack K.Rool bull**** where he kills you in 2 hits*
"Oh you can DI it"
Thank god, still going to be a huge problem for low level players
"Though he can follow DI with it"

Can we all just agree that a guaranteed kill at 38% with just 2 moves is the most ridiculous ****ing thing in this franchise?
Wait what how?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Huh. Did he give any reasons for DQ being unlikely, or did he just leave it at that?
Not reasons, he just said their chances are low compared to the others.

Now im working, later i can post i screenshot if you want

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Reminder that Hitagi has backpedaled multiple times and has yet to have done anything that indicates he actually knows who could be DLC.

You can choose to believe him if it makes your favorite character seem more likely. Otherwise, huge grain of salt with everything that comes out of his mouth.

Calane

Smash Ace
Not reasons, he just said their chances are low compared to the others.

Now im working, later i can post i screenshot if you want
I see. Well, I guess it was fun believing while it lasted. I won't entirely give up on DQ, but I now fully expect another Takamaru-tier disappointing experience. I have terrible luck when it comes to Smash characters, so I should have expected such.

I'd appreciate a screenshot later, but you don't have to. Thanks for the info.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I love crono but honestly i want sephiroth more so we can get more than 2 ff tracks. Hopefully...

But i love crono music too. Why we cant get both :(

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
don't nerf anyone, just make everyone else broken
i said it for Smash 4 and I'll say it again

give little mac a ladder combo

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Down throw buries them. Wait till they pop out and ladder them with Up B. Killed Peach at 38 percent
I saw that footage - looks incredibly situational.

She jumped directly into him. She could have jumped out any direction but she went directly above him. Also, only works on an elevated platform to ladder them high enough.

I am of the opinion that most ladders should be out, so I’d fix this by having the upB be a single hit and not a stunlock, but I don’t think this combo will see much use.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Is it weird I am not interested in really watching any competitive people play Ultimate, but I will be all over any and all Amiibo tournaments that are made for it? There is just something interesting about the whole thing, kind of like an AI Pokemon battle in a way. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
unrelated but Curious Villager Curious Villager

Level-5 aint listening to me when I tell them I dont have money, they are teasing the **** out of me
Okay at this point Level-5 GOT to be teasing an HD collection for the original Layton trilogy for Switch.... Just getting the mobile versions out of the way first. Thanks for letting me know, I'll notify the rest of the Layton support thread once I'm back at my PC.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Of course! :)

It's not like I have anyone else to play with, anyway...
I have a few friends that I can play with but I don't particularly like having people over too often (I've been isolating myself, which is something I need to work on not doing so much), but I'm down to try and have a little group of friends to play with each other online to keep things regular and interesting.

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay at this point Level-5 GOT to be teasing an HD collection for the original Layton trilogy for Switch.... Just getting the mobile versions out of the way first. Thanks for letting me know, I'll notify the rest of the Layton support thread once I'm back at my PC.
14bfd54161b5cf424ed14f81034575e40d81085b_00.jpg

Layton in HD on switch would me me scream. And no prob, Its nice us Layton fans are still gettin stuff, even better its HD versions of the games

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Also i think we will get 2 third party characters and 3 nintendo characters. I think getting info about nintendo dlc characters are somehow more difficult. Vergeben did not know about King k. Rool. Also minecraft und square enix infos are known for long already and still nothing about nintendo characters...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Took way too long for Red Luigi to make it in
GUYS
WAIT

(it's true :()
I’m more sad by the lack of new songs from :ultpit: and no extra :ultsonic: songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom