• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
We're getting another direct!?!? That's awesome!
I have to wonder what this means for the game awards DLC character announcement. Will they be shown in the direct instead?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

What am I supposed to be looking at, exactly? Can't mourn in that way over a dead link.
I was gonna laugh about how you posted a dead link too. But for some reason I can see your image perfectly fine when it is in my reply box.

EDIT: It appears to be some kinda of robot Xenomorph with red eye and red forehead?

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I saw it, but they still haven't confirmed it. I thought they were celebrating it being confirmed.
Sorry, I'm just getting excited a little early. I should probably temper my expectations, but it's like 3:00 am so whatever, I'll deal with disappointment tomorrow :p

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll be able to sleep until that link is fixed. It'll keep me up all night, just tossing and turning over what it could be. It could be a screenshot of the Sans and Papyrus reveal trailer for all I know. The suspense will haunt me in my dreams, and maybe even in the morning. I can't go on like this

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So I went back and tried to watch a certain boss fight through a reply link, and it was taken down by Ninty.

Don't judge me, this was the only one I could find.
It's good for Nintendo to keep tabs on the fanbase like this. I doubt we'll be hearing from even Profasia for a good long while.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So I went back and tried to watch a certain boss fight through a reply link, and it was taken down by Ninty.

Don't judge me, this was the only one I could find.
It's good for Nintendo to keep tabs on the fanbase like this. I doubt we'll be hearing from even Profasia for a good long while.
Well excuuuuuuse me, Princess

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'll be able to sleep until that link is fixed. It'll keep me up all night, just tossing and turning over what it could be. It could be a screenshot of the Sans and Papyrus reveal trailer for all I know. The suspense will haunt me in my dreams, and maybe even in the morning. I can't go on like this
"hacking" (lol) the forum revealed that the original link of that image was this, it's still a 404 though
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1543303470143s.jpg

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
It's literally just a joke image I posted, jeez. You guys take everything so seriously.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Scrooge McDuck is more deserving and would be a better rep than Sora, change my mind
Real talk: if non-video game characters could get into Smash, Scrooge McDuck with a pogo-based moveset would be one of my first choices. It'd be pretty fun to try to imagine non-video game characters who are important to gaming history in the context of Smash, actually. I might turn that into a thread or forum game at some point.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Real talk: if non-video game characters could get into Smash, Scrooge McDuck with a pogo-based moveset would be one of my first choices. It'd be pretty fun to try to imagine non-video game characters who are important to gaming history in the context of Smash, actually. I might turn that into a thread or forum game at some point.
He would certainly have an intereting moveset. I can’t think of anyone who would play like him other than Shovel Knight, and well, that’s not gonna happen

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
He would certainly have an intereting moveset. I can’t think of anyone who would play like him other than Shovel Knight, and well, that’s not gonna happen
Cranky Kong would be the only other I could think of, given his control style in Tropical Freeze.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong would be the only other I could think of, given his control style in Tropical Freeze.
Ah yes true. He would be a fun character but if we get another DK Rep it better be Dixie. Otherwise I will complain on the internet for sure

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, how much content in Ultimate comes from 2018 titles, apart from the Labo costume?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
My boi's Crafted costume and the accompanying Crafted Yoshi Spirit are from a game not even out yet
The new Yoshi tradition of getting a stage from a unreleased game

Edit: Er content that is lol

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Nintendo needs to chill with these Kirby games like we just got one this year
There's never enough Kirby in this world, we always need more.
Especially if that game is a revamped remake of Kirby 64 with modern gameplay and ability mixing.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
There's never enough Kirby in this world, we always need more.
Especially if that game is a revamped remake of Kirby 64 with modern gameplay and ability mixing.
If they're good Kirby games that are creative and inventive like Epic Yarn or Triple Deluxe, sure.
If they're more of the same stuff we've had again and again, like Star Allies, then no thanks. Take a year off of Kirby, give us a good game to play.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If they're good Kirby games that are creative and inventive like Epic Yarn or Triple Deluxe, sure.
If they're more of the same stuff we've had again and again, like Star Allies, then no thanks. Take a year off of Kirby, give us a good game to play.
I have to agree with you.
Triple Deluxe is IMO the best modern Kirby game, even though people usually dislike it because Hypernova is boring (I don't think so, but it would have been cool to be able to skip that annoying cutscene at the beginning of each Hypernova section) or Pyribbit (I never had problems with it).
It's simply more creative, it has a better art style, more variety in stages and those in-game events like bringing light to the haunted house by opening the window, or the Waddle Dee fortress, etc.; the level design is the best of all the modern-era Kirby games.
It only gets boring near the end when they start rehashing old levels and using dimensional portals as an excuse for it, but all the modern Kirby games are kinda the same in that regard, they always get boring near the end.

Anyway, I think they saved Star Allies with the DLCs: not only they are pure fanservice, but they bring in some creative movesets, when the Kirby series was getting stale, reusing the same abilities over and over save for those 2 or 3 new ones each game. The level design is still weak though.
That's part of why I want a remake of Kirby 64, because it doesn't use the traditional abilities, and it would be an opportunity to create new original movesets for the mixed abilities who were mostly 1 move each in the original game.
The other part of the reason is because of the art style and the environments (especially the better use of 3D prespective and actual 3D environments despite the 2.5D gameplay), and a certain character being a main character in the game XD (but unlike what it seems, that's just a minor part of the reason).

And I think that HAL farms Kirby games at the speed of sound because that's pretty much all what they do and they got fast at making more. That's not even Nintendo's fault... though waiting a bit longer in order to increase the quality of a game would be cool.
Even when they were working on Boxboy, they still managed to make Kirby games pretty fast; that's the result of having a decently big company with more than 1 development team mostly working on just 1 series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly it's probably a new spin off game, Kirby loves getting spinoffs and it's only spinoff it's getting lately is an Epic Yarn port, before that it was just 3DS download titles which were the minigames from the main games. Before that was Rainbow Curse and then Mass Attack

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*talking to friends about that whack K.Rool bull**** where he kills you in 2 hits*
"Oh you can DI it"
Thank god, still going to be a huge problem for low level players
"Though he can follow DI with it"

Can we all just agree that a guaranteed kill at 38% with just 2 moves is the most ridiculous ****ing thing in this franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom