• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
1) No, I said the HD Remixes along with Kingdom Hearts III. KHIII is possible for Switch with some reworks, since SE was doing tests to see how Unreal ran on Switch, which KHIII is using for it Engine.

2) Doesn't matter if it's not a Crossover for Gaming or Animation, that wasn't the point. I said it's one of the most successful crossover series, that is a fact. Numbers will prove it along with common sense based on how often it's brought up in various places.
No, it's not a deciding factor, but why choose something less popular over something more popular essentially guaranteed to sell.

3) Nothing would have predicted Piranha Plant, he was Sakurai's oddball pick this time. They wouldn't do an oddball pick for a 3rd Party character.

https://youtu.be/CV76QegRezE
Watch that. Disney solely owns Kingdom Hearts. Further proof, Square Enix logo removed from merchandise, such as this Pop figure set...the Square Enix logo only appears on the logo when Square Enix had a hand in the product, such as games and play arts figures.
https://cdn.poppriceguide.com/guide...ydonaldtron3-packglowinthedark_1512688184.jpg
You know it's not just the engine that needs to work. The system is no that capable yet, it can but it's all a matter of worth.
Yes it doesn't matter cause it doesn't fit your wishes, good way of looking at things. (I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell).
Then don't say you have an educated speculation.

I watched, have you? have you heard what he said starting 1:56? Again, You're cherry picking, you keep listening to what you want only. You really need to be more truthful to yourself, not your desires. Look, the point of any arguments is to get something out of it. Both parties need to admit their misuderstandings when occured. You're on auto defense, you don't want to be convinced nor you will. So there's really no point in arguing here, so if you may, spare me. The only answer you need is the first DLC announcement. I'm done with this argument.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have no idea why we have to make this whole SE Rep debate like a war. We can speculate peacefully i feel.

I just hope everyone can calm down and respect each other at the end of the day right?
Yeah, that's generally what's been happening.
I don't think anyone here takes... any of this seriously.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yes the PS version of FF7 is coming to the Switch. I actually wouldn't mind getting FF7 and FF10 for the Switch. It would be nice to have those games portably. And believe it or not I bought FF15 pocket edition for the Switch despite owning the original already. I kind of regret it as its nowhere near like the original. Still because my love for FF15, I don't mind owning it a second time.

A user here by the name Polar Panda have communicated with Vergeben. According to them there is a list Vergeben received this list includes the following. Sephiroth, Crono, Erdrick, The Luminary, Slime, Geno and Sora. According to that list he said Vergeben had heard Geno, but not to take him too seriously. And that "Sora was not in the game".

Then someone spoke to Hitagi and he said he had heard the same list and according to Hitagi. He said Geno is most likely not coming and and said Sora is complicated. Hitagi also feels that the Luminary and Erdrick are redundant, but is not de confirming them. Hitagi's reasoning for Geno not being in is because "Mainly due to the fact that Nintendo bases a lot of their decision on profit and widespread attention. Using more well known names for DLC for smash 4 is what made DLC a success for that game. Geno simply doesn't have the following a Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or any mainstream SE game character would".

Finally PapaGenos has spoken to Polar Panda and agrees he has heard the same list of SE characters.

So the most likely in the running based on all this information from these different people is;

Sephiroth
Crono
Slime
Geno?
Already answered ;)

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Already answered ;)

I wanted to get your opinion on this buddy if it is a DQ rep. What two-three songs do you think will come with the DQ character. If its Sephiroth what two-three songs do you think will come with him and what would be his stage? Do you think Square would allow George Newbern to be his English VA? As far as I am aware George Newbern is not a union VA so it could be possible. Also if Banjo is in what songs would come with him?

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I literally checked their Twitter a ****ing hour ago.

I go to write a one page essay and then they release this ****. I better wake up to a mini-Direct announcement or something like that.
Knowing my luck, it would be when I'm in school x_*

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

I go to write a one page essay and then they release this ****. I better wake up to a mini-Direct announcement or something like that.
New direct featuring Bubsy's new switch exclusive game, Bubsy 4D (fuur'd)

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

Hmmm looks like Spawn Wave and BeatEmUps might be right about the second November direct after all.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I feel like they only put out that post to cover themselves, considering the month is over in a couple of days.
According to the tweet we will know in 6-24 hours. Also it is slightly possible we could still get a direct Thursday, so until then I wouldn't rule it out.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I kinda don't think there will be any direct for the rest of November, not unless they plan on doing nothing for the Game awards. Having two sets of announcement within about a week is kinda insane.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I kinda don't think there will be any direct for the rest of November, not unless they plan on doing nothing for the Game awards. Having two sets of announcement within about a week is kinda insane.
Nintendo themselves are insane. Remember: EVERYONE. IS. HERE.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So, based on what I'm hearing people say about DLC, I'm predicting the following at this point:

1. Dragon Quest character

I've been saying for a while that Dragon Quest has a good chance of being the second SE rep and at this point it's looking more and more likely to me. Sora comes with a lot of baggage, Geno doesn't really make a whole lot of sense financially speaking, and the Switch is still slated to get the quite popular DQ XI game. This is a pretty popular opinion now, but I've been saying it for a while. I think Crono would also be a fun choice, but I don't really see it happening.

2. Banjo

So, Banjo is my number one most wanted character at this point (was basically tied with Isaac, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for him given the circumstances). I had basically given up all hope for Banjo post Grinch leak disaster, but the new information that Rare properties already exist in the code ALONG with the fact that leakers have apparently begun backtracking on Minecraft Steve being a playable character have both given me hope that this may indeed be Banjo's time. Here's hoping.

3. Lloyd Irving

Not gonna lie this is purely a bandwagon answer. I don't really know anything about the Tales series, but people seem to like it and seem to think that he has a good chance at DLC as a Namco rep. Also he had the Mii costume and so far those have proven to be a pretty good portent to a playable future.

4. & 5. Nintendo reps

Now this is a bit of a cop out, but I predict that we will get at least 2 first party characters as DLC. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3/5 characters be third party, but I doubt we will see more than that. Nintendo needs its promotions too! I'm less confident about which characters those 2 (or more) slots will be though, given there are a fair number of candidates to choose from. My inclination is too lean towards them being 2 of Dixie Kong, Bandana Waddle Dee, Impa, and Rex. Those 4 seem most likely to me. Impa might stand out here, but Zelda has beena big deal for Nintendo this console generation (bigger than usual even) and we are about to get Skyward Sword HD on Switch (supposedly), a game which heavily features Impa. So her chance are higher than they might otherwise be. If I had to choose the two though, my guess would probably be Rex and Bandana Waddle Dee (with my want being Dixie and Impa).

I do believe that FE Three Houses, Pokemon gen 8, and Sylux also stand a chance. And on the off chance that we do see another series being repped I would hazard a guess that we'll see Rhythm Heaven, but tbh I don't think that's particularly likely. I'm hoping we don't see a FE or Pokemon character though, to be perfectly frank (even as an ardent Pokemon fan).

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
According to Spawn Wave he said the first Smash DLC will be revealed at the game awards. So following if he is right about that and the DIrect. It could be they reveal all Nintendo related content in the 2nd November Direct. And reveal the first Smash DLC character at the game awards. In this case they would have content for both situations. Im not saying its going to happen, only that it may be a possibility even if its a small one.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The direct could be used for smaller stuff no really cares about, while Bayo 3, Prime 4 and DLC #1 are Game Awards stuff

Last edited:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
the new direct may announce skyward sword HD on the switch
Didn't think of that until you pointed it out...

That actually makes a whole lot of sense tbh, I wonder what other things they could announce though? I mean, it's almost a given we're not getting any new smash info considering we just had the smash direct and from the datamine and streamers know that they really showed us everything on v1.0

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Nintendo themselves are insane. Remember: EVERYONE. IS. HERE.
Please don't use this logic, not after the Grinch leak.

According to Spawn Wave he said the first Smash DLC will be revealed at the game awards. So following if he is right about that and the DIrect. It could be they reveal all Nintendo related content in the 2nd November Direct. And reveal the first Smash DLC character at the game awards. In this case they would have content for both situations. Im not saying its going to happen, only that it may be a possibility even if its a small one.
I guess that makes some sense. But the whole thing does seem a bit like a pipe dream at this point.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Galleom
Giga Bowser
Galleem
The dark dude
Dracula
Marx
Rathalos
Baldur
Metal Face
Werewolf
Ganon
I think that's it?
Have Balder, Werewolf, Metal Face been confirmed? I thought Balder was just a spirit, and the latter two stage hazard bosses not boss fight bosses

And if they are confirmed than so is King Bulblin

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
You know it's not just the engine that needs to work. The system is no that capable yet, it can but it's all a matter of worth.
Yes it doesn't matter cause it doesn't fit your wishes, good way of looking at things. (I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell).
Then don't say you have an educated speculation.

I watched, have you? have you heard what he said starting 1:56? Again, You're cherry picking, you keep listening to what you want only. You really need to be more truthful to yourself, not your desires. Look, the point of any arguments is to get something out of it. Both parties need to admit their misuderstandings when occured. You're on auto defense, you don't want to be convinced nor you will. So there's really no point in arguing here, so if you may, spare me. The only answer you need is the first DLC announcement. I'm done with this argument.
Yes, I'm aware. This is why I said it would need to be reworked to fit, much like how Doom was made to work on the Nintendo Switch, which no one thought would be possible prior to its announcement and release. If Square-Enix wanted Kingdom Hearts III to be ported to Nintendo Switch, they would likely be able to do so. Is it particularly likely? No, probably not, but that does not mean its not possible.

No, that's incorrect. It doesn't matter because I was simply saying that Kingdom Hearts is one of the most popular crossover titles, likely just under Super Smash Bros. and maybe Marvel vs Capcom. The fact that it isn't a video game crossover is wholely irrelevant to the argument..it literally has nothing to do with the comment I made about its popularity as a crossover title.
Also, sarcasm is a rather emotional response for one claiming I am 'letting my emotions' dictate my views.

It is Educated Speculation since I am trying to use logical reasoning for my views. If I was going with my emotions and personal wants, I would be championing Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, 2B from NieR Automata, Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI, Tharja & Camilla from Fire Emblem, Morrigan from Darkstalkers, and Gardevoir from Pokémon..none of whom I feel have that high of chances to appear in playable roles in Super Smash Bros. Popular characters sell better then niche characters and Sora is a popular character that has been highly requested, as shown by various fan polls and the fact that he is talked about quite often in speculation.

No I'm not. As he said, Disney completely owns Kingdom Hearts, but they defer to Square-Enix when they want to use him for things as a courtesy and sign of respect. This is exactly what I'd said previously. From a legal standpoint, Disney can do whatever they want with Sora and all original Kingdom Hearts content, but because they have respect for the creators of that universe, they defer to them. As such, while Sora is still not a Square-Enix representative, Square-Enix would still be consulted by both Disney and Sakurai were Sora to appear in Super Smash Bros.
If Sora does appear in Super Smash Bros, proof of this will be seen on his amiibo figure as it would only say (C)Disney under it and not (C)Disney (C)Square-Enix, similarly to how Bayonetta's amiibo figures only say (C)SEGA and not (C)SEGA (C)PlatinumGames despite Sakurai still consulting with Platinum Games on how to incorporate Bayonetta into Super Smash Bros. due to them being the character's creators.

Sorry, I'm not really one to let a response go unresponded to, especially when I have counterarguments I can still make to anything said.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Galleom
Giga Bowser
Galleem
The dark dude
Dracula
Marx
Rathalos
Baldur
Metal Face
Werewolf
Ganon
I think that's it?
That is wrong I believe.
-Master Hand
-Crazy Hand
-Master Hand and Crazy Hand
-Galleom
-Marx
-Rathalos
-Dracula
-Ganon, the Demon King
-Giga Bowser
-Galeem
-Dharkon
-Galeem and Dharkon

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Who wants to bet we are going to get a new Fi amiibo with SS HD? WW HD came with a Ganondorf figure didn't it? Majora's Mask 3D came with a Skull Kid figure, and TP HD came with a Midna amiibo. So I think it would make sense.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Who wants to bet we are going to get a new Fi amiibo with SS HD? WW HD came with a Ganondorf figure didn't it? Majora's Mask 3D came with a Skull Kid figure, and TP HD came with a Midna amiibo. So I think it would make sense.
Nah, Groose Ghirahim. He's more popular

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
When I see support to upgrade Waluigi, Isaac, Ashley, and Shadow to playable characters but nothing for the far superior Demon Lord Ghirahim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom