• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know haha, but at the time of SM4SH's release it hadn't been released yet.
EDIT:
Actually it released 2 months before Smash 4.

And even earlier in PAL regions, coming out in May.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Let's do an exercise and assume that there are only going to be thirty characters in the game. Who do you pick? You have to include Mario, Link, and Inklings since they are confirmed. Transformations, if you choose to include them, counts as one character.
My list:
  • Mario
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Junior
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus
  • Ridley
  • Kirby
  • Meta-Knight
  • Marx
  • Star Wolf
  • Krystal
  • Pikachu
  • Greninja
  • Marth
  • Little Mac
  • Inklings
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Bomberman
  • Rabbid Mario

I was actually going to leave out Mario before I remembered I had to include him.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Did the 30 character roster thing myself, but I but on some extra requirements since I already did at least one 30 character roster before. Those requirements/ rules include:

1: No franchise other than Mario can have more than three characters.
2: At least two third party characters.
3: Each Pokémon had to be from different generations.
4: One Pokémon had to be from Gen 7.

And thus this thing came into existence.

30 Characters.png

:094:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
5) please, no, such a waste!
nowadays we have so many characters that end of production clones simply doesn't have reason to exist: even if not developing a clone grants to save up just few time, always better use that time to do everything else, even just fix a couple of hitboxes or improve 10-20 animations. And overall, since Sakurai's terrible way of thinking in this reguard, having a character as a last minute clone means that character will be a clone in his/her/its entire Smash life. Almost all characters we could want that bad to be in even if just clones, are characters who deserve a better fate

3) it's very unlikely SE wouldn't want to do a deal this time too. But, just in case: Sakurai's bias towards his characters isn't either that strong... on the contrary, sometimes it looks like he refrains himself from adding his own characters maybe to not being disrespectful towards others game developers, or maybe to avoid harsh accusations of bias.
Moreover, well, really we would need a substitute to take Cloud's moves? actually Cloud is very loved because he is Cloud. But his moveset surely isn't so great or special, and it's more often hated than loved.
And we still have Ike as a big sword bringer...
5) Honestly, I like clones. They can be fun twists. and animations and tweaks that you’re talking about are sometimes even handled through game updates. Clones don’t tend to be DLC.

But what about Lucas and Roy you say?

Yeah, fair point. Okay, Dark Samus could be DLC. So I guess maybe the development time could be better spent... but I could see it going to Dark samus. Especially when a lot of variety can come from the assist trophy.

3) I didn’t mean a 1/1 clone of Cloud. I just meant he overlaps by a big sword.

And while Ike’s is big. It’s not really anime big. Magnus and Cloud’s swords are.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
5) please, no, such a waste!
nowadays we have so many characters that end of production clones simply doesn't have reason to exist: even if not developing a clone grants to save up just few time, always better use that time to do everything else, even just fix a couple of hitboxes or improve 10-20 animations. And overall, since Sakurai's terrible way of thinking in this reguard, having a character as a last minute clone means that character will be a clone in his/her/its entire Smash life. Almost all characters we could want that bad to be in even if just clones, are characters who deserve a better fate
I don't think you understand how video game development works. You are not the arbiter of what characters have a reason to exist. And the time to make clones is not better spent on over polishing insignificant aspects of the game. The whole reason the clones exist is because of polish. Giving Dark Pit his staff is polishing. Giving Dr. Mario his original traits is polishing. You think clones are lazy? Leaving them as costumes is what's lazy. AND offensive.

You're talking about characters having a better fate? Well, that's the whole reason Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are separate characters to begin with. That's why there are people who think ALPH deserves a better fate. People care way more about having Dr. Mario as a playable character then they care about "fixing" some vague animations and hit boxes. Like, what character are you referring to with this animation and hitbox issue?

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Let's do an exercise and assume that there are only going to be thirty characters in the game. Who do you pick? You have to include Mario, Link, and Inklings since they are confirmed. Transformations, if you choose to include them, counts as one character.
Well, this sounds fun!

1. :4mario:
  2. :4luigi:
  3. :4peach:
  4. :4bowser:
  5. :4yoshi:
  6. :4dk:
  7. King K. Rool
  8. :4wario2:
  9. :4link:
  10. Pig Ganon
  11. :4zelda:
  12. :4samus:
  13. Ridley
  14. :4kirby:
  15. :4dedede:
  16. :4fox:
  17. :4marth:
  18. :4robinm:
  19. :4pikachu:
  20. :pt:(Newcomer, summoner character, uses other veteran Pokemon in moveset)
  21. :4mewtwo:
  22. :4falcon:
  23. Inklings
  24. :4duckhunt:
  25. :4villager:
  26. :4olimar:
  27. :4pit:
  28. :4shulk:
  29. :4sonic:
  30. :4pacman:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I don't think you understand how video game development works. You are not the arbiter of what characters have a reason to exist. And the time to make clones is not better spent on over polishing insignificant aspects of the game. The whole reason the clones exist is because of polish. Giving Dark Pit his staff is polishing. Giving Dr. Mario his original traits is polishing. You think clones are lazy? Leaving them as costumes is what's lazy. AND offensive.

You're talking about characters having a better fate? Well, that's the whole reason Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are separate characters to begin with. That's why there are people who think ALPH deserves a better fate. People care way more about having Dr. Mario as a playable character then they care about "fixing" some vague animations and hit boxes. Like, what character are you referring to?
i'll try to not sound how much rude as you sounded to me :)
giving dark pit his... literally nothing of different from pit is a waste of dpit's potential: now, in switch, dpit could become again a mere alt skin (it would make sense, since I don't think they would put a last minute clone in their initial project -it's a complete antithesis) / completely cut; OR could be declonized (a là luigi: I don't think it would worth the effort); OR could be, again, added during last weeks of development. But it's very likely he won't be a completely new character, with completely different moveset from Smash4's one, and so he will be ever condamned to be a low original character.

Same for Lucina.

The fact is: the thing had sense in melee: the characters were really few, and the entire development lasted too little time to be able to add several other completely new characters.
But now, without counting completely useless addition like dpit and lucina (smash4 versions, I mean!) we still would have about 60 characters. With Smash Switch it's likely we will touch the 70th, ONLY made by completely original characters or at least semiclones (very different from last minute totally copypast clones)

if you consider fixing broken hitboxes an insignificant particular, you aren't playing the game: you are looking the css and sweeten your eyes by watching so many Nintendo icons it contains.
But I want to play the game.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1. Mario :4mario:
2. Luigi :4luigi:
3. Peach :4peach:
4. Bowser :4bowser:
5. Wario :4wario2:
6. Yoshi :4yoshi:
7. Donkey Kong :4dk:
8. Diddy Kong :4diddy:
9. Link :4link:
10. Zelda (Has Sheik as a transformation) :4zelda:
11. Ganondorf :4ganondorf:
12. Olimar :4olimar:
13. Kirby :4kirby:
14. King Dedede :4dedede:
15. Shulk :4shulk:
16. Pikachu :4pikachu:
17. Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff:
18. Mewtwo :4mewtwo:
19. Ness :4ness:
20. Captain Falcon :4falcon:
21. Samus :4samus:

22. Ridley
23. Pit :4pit:
24. Fox :4fox:
25. Ice Climbers :popo:
26. Marth :4marth:
27. Ike :4myfriends:
28. Villager :4villager:
29. Sonic :4sonic:

30. Inklings

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ok, how would you guys react if this roster happened for Smash Switch:

This is not a prediction roster yet, but I swear to Mila that this roster feels SSSOOOO sound. It feels like it hits the right notes, but I am not sure why.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
1. Mario :4mario:
2. Luigi :4luigi:
3. Peach :4peach:
4. Bowser :4bowser:
5. Wario :4wario2:
6. Yoshi :4yoshi:
7. Donkey Kong :4dk:
8. Diddy Kong :4diddy:
9. Link :4link:
10. Zelda (Has Sheik as a transformation) :4zelda:
11. Ganondorf :4ganondorf:
12. Olimar :4olimar:
13. Kirby :4kirby:
14. King Dedede :4dedede:
15. Shulk :4shulk:
16. Pikachu :4pikachu:
17. Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff:
18. Mewtwo :4mewtwo:
19. Ness :4ness:
20. Captain Falcon :4falcon:
21. Samus :4samus:

22. Ridley
23. Pit :4pit:
24. Fox :4fox:
25. Ice Climbers :popo:
26. Marth :4marth:
27. Ike :4myfriends:
28. Villager :4villager:
29. Sonic :4sonic:

30. Inklings
So with a 30 character roster, you'd want the Inklings to be the only newcomers? Sounds boring.

This is not a prediction roster yet, but I swear to Mila that this roster feels SSSOOOO sound. It feels like it hits the right notes, but I am not sure why.
Sora, Dixie, Rex, Pokemon Trainer, and Cloud+Dark Pit+the rest of the FE crew not being cut would be more than enough for me to get over Napoleon Bonaparte and the transformations being put back together (if that is what you are implying here).
:061:

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sounds like fun. :)

Mario series:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, and Captain Toad (6 total)

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong (2 total)

Legend of Zelda series:
Link, Zelda/Shiek, Mipha (3 total)

Kirby series:
Kirby, King Dededee (2 total)

Pokemon series:
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mimikyu (4 total)

Fire Emblem franchise:
Marth, Robin (2 total)

Single rep series:
Samus/ZSS, Inkling, Yoshi, Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, Pit, Shulk, Olimar, Isaac, and ROB (11 total)

Sadly, I had to limit this to first party choices. It was already going to be hard enough narrowing it down.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord

It's not a bad roster, but there are certainly some things that do not feel quite right to me.

Firstly, and I know many people have mentioned this before, but there is no way Sakurai is going to bring transformations back, especially the Samus --> Zero Suit one as there is no way for that to occur without using a Final Smash.

I also doubt we will see Pokémon trainer return, instead having the Charizard, Greninja Decidueye trio would make more sense, even if Charizard was one of the Pokémon he would use.

In regards to your Animal Crossing characters we will either get Tom Nook or Isabelle, very unlikely we will see both. Form the sounds of it here, and based on her popularity in Japan and on the whole, it seems like Isabelle is the more likely of the two.

I like that you have characters like Dixie and Celica on your roster, but the way those characters work it would make little sense for them to be clones, they are just too distinct in character and play style for that to work.

I'm guessing the card deck thingy next to Little Mac is the WTF retro thing on your roster, base on nintendo's playing cards, which is great, but I am unconvinced how they would translate to being a character. I could be wrong, it just does not work in my head.

Overall its a pretty decent roster with some problems that bring it down for me. It is not unrealistic, but transformations, certain clones makes it seem less likely. On a personal, and kinda insane personal note, it also needs more Ridley.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I also wanted to do the 30 character roster, but I also wanted to follow these rules as well

1: No franchise other than Mario can have more than three characters.
2: At least two third party characters.
3: Each Pokémon had to be from different generations.
4: One Pokémon had to be from Gen 7.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My 30 character roster:

1. Mario
  2. Peach
  3. Bowser
  4. Luigi
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. DK
  8. K. Rool
  9. Link
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Zelda
  12. Samus
  13. Ridley
  14. Kirby
  15. King Dedede
  16. Fox
  17. Pikachu
  18. Mewtwo
  19. Jigglypuff
  20. Captain Falcon
  21. Ness
  22. Marth
  23. Mr. Game & Watch
  24. Pit
  25. Olimar
  26. Duck Hunt
  27. Villager
  28. Little Mac
  29. Wii Fit Trainer
  30. Shulk

sweeten your eyes by watching so many Nintendo icons
My new favorite saying

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I mean I like King K. Rool, but it's more interesting to have new villains instead of focusing on nostalgia. I like the Tikis and the Artics.

How about a DKC game where you team up with K. Rool and the Kremlings to fight a bigger foe?
DK and Diddy: K. Rool's Inside Story

Skyloft...

Isabelle...
Speaking of Skyloft...

Skyloft is probably one of the least memorable new stages in Smash 4, at least IMO.

For me, when picturing Skyloft, it's basically a boring Isle Delfino. Of all the new stages added in Smash 4, for me it is neither fun to play on, nor is it at all that unique.

If anyone likes Skyloft, that's fine, but personally I hope it doesn't return. I feel that Smash 4 has better stages that could return.
Also, yes, this does include the 3DS version.

If we get a new Zelda stage for this Smash, I'd say we should either get Divine Beast or Corrupted Hyrule Castle. I feel like there is a lot of potential for a good stage in there

Danpal65

Smash Lord
If we get a new Zelda stage for this Smash, I'd say we should either get Divine Beast or Corrupted Hyrule Castle. I feel like there is a lot of potential for a good stage in there
Totally agree. If we don't get the corrupted castle the music for that place absolutely needs to be in the game, it is so epic.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So with a 30 character roster, you'd want the Inklings to be the only newcomers? Sounds boring.
I added Ridley too but yeah, they're the only ones and I agree that it is a pretty boring (and terrible) roster, I wanted more but I didn't feel comfortable cutting any more characters lol.

I'd be disappointed, I don't personally care for any of the newcomers (I think most of them deserve to get in and I'm actually not opposed to most of them, they just don't appeal to me) and Celica getting in before Bandana Dee would really rub me the wrong way (although I'm kind of expecting something like that to happen anyway), I like the returning veterans you brought back though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
i'll try to not sound how much rude as you sounded to me :)
giving dark pit is... literally nothing of different from pit is a waste of dpit's potential: now, in switch, dpit could become again a mere alt skin (it would make sense, since I don't think they would put a last minute clone in their initial project -it's a complete nonsense) / completely cut; OR could be declonized (a là luigi: I don't think it would worth the effort); OR could be, again, added during last weeks of development. But it's very likely he won't be a completely new character, with completely different moveset from Smash4's one, and so he will be ever condamned to be a low original character.

Same for Lucina.

The fact is: the thing had sense in melee: the characters were really few, and the entire development lasted too little time to be able to add several other completely new characters.
But now, without counting completely useless addition like dpit and lucina (smash4 versions, I mean!) we still would have about 60 characters. With Smash Switch it's likely we will touch the 70th, ONLY made by completely original characters or at least semiclones (very different from last minute totally copypast clones) if you consider fixing broken hitboxes an insignificant particular, you aren't playing the game: you are looking the css and sweeten your eyes by watching so many Nintendo icons it contains.
But I want to play the game.
If I sound rude it's possibly because I'm sick and tired of people complaining about the same thing everyday. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are in the game and the game is fully playable.

The reason I said the broken hit boxes are insignificant is because they don't exist. You're just sitting here saying "There's broken animations and hitboxes in the game!"

Where? I certainly haven't noticed them. Probably because Super Smash Bros 4 is a very well polished game. I don't have unrealistic expectations for every tiny little aspect of every part of the game to be 100% perfect. That's impossible!

If there are really broken animation and hitboxes like you claim, that's what updates are for!

You're the one being rude. It's clear by the way you talk about these characters that you have an unhealthy and overly harsh hatred for them. "They're useless! The lowest of the low! Get rid of them! They have no reason to be here!"

Nobody cares. People like these characters. They are just as much characters as Mario, Pit, and Marth. If you don't like them then don't play as them. Better yet, don't play the game. Let people who can actually enjoy the game, enjoy the game. There's nothing wrong with proposing improvements, but instead you're trying to take stuff away from them because YOU don't like it. Their presence literally does not affect you AT ALL.

There are people who WANT to play as these characters and don't take kindly to your unwarranted cynicism. Like you know what's best for the game better than director. Because you have irrational biased hatreds for things that people either like or are indifferent to.

You care more about putting your hatred for stuff above people's enjoyment of it. That's why I'm so irked. Especially because you're not the first.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Here's my opinions on this
++Isabelle
+Takamaru makes sense
+New clone choices are pretty good, especially if they are more like how Lucas or even Falco were handled. I like specifically the Octoling choice.
+Professor Layton is my jam.

-TWO more animal crossing characters and NO new Kirby characters? (although knowing you you'd probably put in Gooey for Kirby or something)
-semi-clone characters being put together in the roster space.
Ew. It doesn't really bother me that you have some, but having them grouped together like that bothers me, especially since you put Lucas and Wolf there but not Luigi or Ganondorf. What makes those ones special? Lucas and Wolf definitely have more thought and differences put into their moves, so that's not the reason. I doubt the clones would be put there unless they decide to put ALL NINE of them in within the last month of development. I don't see that happening.
-Deck of Cards man isn't happening.
-Transformations? I don't see them coming back unless there's a newcomer who does it. Zero Suit Samus works well separate, and BOTW Zelda becoming Shiek won't make sense.
-Again, a sorry lack of Kirby characters. I wanna stress that I feel like this game is going to have a 4th. I feel it in my bones.
-Pokemon Trainer won't return, although I would like to see an actually playable pokemon trainer if that's what you are going for.
-Sora.... Are you sure you are working towards a prediction roster here?

TLDR: I like some newcomers, I think your clone choices make sense, but Transformations are dumb, there's a couple newcomers that shouldn't be on a prediction roster, and the lack of a new Kirby character irks me.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Captain Toad
  6. Yoshi
  7. Wario
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Link
  11. Zelda
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Kirby
  14. Dedede
  15. Meta Knight
  16. Pikachu
  17. Charizard
  18. Mewtwo
  19. Pokemon Trainer of current gen
  20. Meowth
  21. Inklings
  22. Little Mac
  23. Isaac
  24. Samus
  25. Fox
  26. Duck Hunt
  27. Villager
  28. Isabelle
  29. Dillon
  30. Fire Emblem Summoner(can summon other FE characters to battle. Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin and Corrin all come back via the summoners special abilities)
My roster is very unbalanced in favour of the most popular franchises. Ah well.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Who is the guy between Wario and Little Mac?
Also, this roster is alright, but it has a few flaws, such as recombining Zelda/Sheik and ZSS/Samus
Also, why are Lucas and Wolf all the way down there?

This roster would satisfy me, personally, but that's because I'm not really vying for any new characters. Given what I know about Smash speculation, it would probably be pretty disappointing to a lot of other people.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If I were going to do 30 character roster I think I would have two franchises versus each other.
(I know this violates the include Link and Inklings rule of the game)

MUSHROOM KINGDOM VS POKEMON

15 each

Spatman

Smash Ace
If I sound rude it's possibly because I'm sick and tired of people complaining about the same thing everyday. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are in the game and the game is fully playable.

The reason I said the broken hit boxes are insignificant is because they don't exist. You're just sitting here saying "There's broken animations and hitboxes in the game!"

Where? I certainly haven't noticed them. Probably because Super Smash Bros 4 is a very well polished game. I don't have unrealistic expectations for every tiny little aspect of every part of the game to be 100% perfect. That's impossible!

If there are really broken animation and hitboxes like you claim, that's what updates are for!

You're the one being rude. It's clear by the way you talk about these characters that you have an unhealthy and overly harsh hatred for them. "They're useless! The lowest of the low! Get rid of them! They have no reason to be here!"

Nobody cares. People like these characters. They are just as much characters as Mario, Pit, and Marth. If you don't like them then don't play as them. Better yet, don't play the game. Let people who can actually enjoy the game, enjoy the game. There's nothing wrong with proposing improvements, but instead you're trying to take stuff away from them because YOU don't like it. Their presence literally does not affect you AT ALL.

There are people who WANT to play as these characters and don't take kindly to your unwarranted cynicism. Like you know what's best for the game better than director. Because you have irrational biased hatreds for things that people either like or are indifferent to.

You care more about putting your hatred for stuff above people's enjoyment of it. That's why I'm so irked. Especially because you're not the first.

hello? all this came out from a post where I said that Dark Samus as a last minute addition clone would be a big waste. In fact I hope that, if Dark Samus goes in, it will be a completely original character as it should be intended to be (well, of course it could still have some similarities with Samus dued to their similar physical appareance).
I don't hate the characters in theirselves. It's the opposite! I have a feeling for characters (or at least for people who like them) so I want they are completely new characters filled with the same quantity of love Sakurai granted to the whole rest of the roster.
If it's impossibile to do it for all characters, well, I'd prefer salve their inclusion for better times with more development time available.

Listen, my top1 in the wishlist is Dixie Kong. I wanted Dixie in smash4 too, or at least in dlcs. But if she was in but as a blatant last minute clone, if she was the dark pit of Diddy Kong, I would have been very disappointed, and I would have preferred if she wasn't in the game at all in that time. Because in this way I would still have had the hope she would make the cut in a sequel of smash, as a completely new and fresh character (well, again, some similarities with Diddy for their physical similarities are still acceptable).
And all this just because last minute clone addition remains very clone character for all their life. Heck, after 3 games Ganon and Falcon have still the same moves (leaving aside the technician twerks they have), same for toon link and link, and in a minor extent Falco and Fox

at the end of day, I'm happy Dixie isn't yet in smash. Because now I hope she will make the cut and will be a much more interesting character than she would have been if she was in Smash4 as a last minute clone addition

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Transformations could return in a modern Pokemon Trainer.

I just dont see why that feature coming back means :4charizard::4sheik::4zss: will be compromised and return as part of another character. It would make no sense to me.

We could have NEW transformations AND those three seperated, you know.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I always questioned how "last minute" Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit actually were. The big hint is that despite being last minute, the animators for the trailers still had the time in advance to produce animation mentioning them, especially for the Robin trailer. Animation takes time, and those specially animated trailers were likely commissioned in advanced.

The big problem is that we have no idea what the production history for those two trailers were.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If I were going to do 30 character roster I think I would have two franchises versus each other.
(I know this violates the include Link and Inklings rule of the game)

MUSHROOM KINGDOM VS POKEMON

15 each
Interesting...

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Rosalina
7. Wario
8. Waluigi
9. Captain Toad
10. DK
11. Yoshi
12. Paper Mario
13. Geno
14. Fawful
15. Dr. Mario

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo
4. Greninja
5. Lucario
6. Pokemon Trainer (Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur)
7. Gardevoir
8. Mimikyu
9. Decidueye
10. Chandelure
11. Zygarde 10%
12. Vanilluxe
13. Aegislash
14. Lycanroc
15. Scizor

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Transformations could return in a modern Pokemon Trainer.

I just dont see why that feature coming back means :4charizard::4sheik::4zss: will be compromised and return as part of another character. It would make no sense to me.

We could have NEW transformations AND those three seperated, you know.
Custom moves are probably a big thing keeping transformation characters from coming back. It's just too complicated.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I always questioned how "last minute" Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit actually were. The big hint is that despite being last minute, the animators for the trailers still had the time in advance to produce animation mentioning them, especially for the Robin trailer. Animation takes time, and those specially animated trailers were likely commissioned in advanced.

The big problem is that we have no idea what the production history for those two trailers were.
Keep in mind they were all going to be alt costumes before they became clones. They may have just had all of that prepared for the costumes.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Custom moves are probably a big thing keeping transformation characters from coming back. It's just too complicated.
If custom moves return, yes.

Based on how the DLC characters got none of them, I do wonder.

D

Deleted member

@PushDustIn Is a good boy and so are the other Source Gamers. Thank you for piling in the evidence.

I am not against Takamaru. I think he would be a cool edition, but why are people putting them in their prediction rosters? Takamaru was not added in due to not enough fan support, and I do not think Takamaru has enough fan support as of now.

I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom