• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I want Hot/Beard Ryu.
**** HOW DID I FORGET THAT AND GERUDO LINK
They still have Blue and Yellow. And Cyan is still Blue. It's made from Blue, so Cyan is still Blue no matter how much you twist it. Just like Gold is still yellow. No twisting your way out of this one.

And never said the original song was worse. But the Smash version is certainly not a butchering. Not like Iron Blue Intention. The Smash version of IBI is not bad, but damn it is so quiet, especially after the loud and triumphant Judgement version.
Yeah there is. Yellow Zamus boots are ugly as sin, even pink would work better

It is a butchering as I no longer feel that determination the original song gave me such strong feelings of.
To me, Iron Blue Intentions primarily needs to sound pretty sad. Then again I didn't like Divine Bloodlines until we heard the full version

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So this has probably been brought up before but with the whole base roster out, if they were to release DLC costumes for characters, what would you like to see realistically? (Basically model changes similar to legendary skins in Overwatch)

My vote for OoT and TP Link~
I really really want this costume:

Luminario

Smash Lord
So this has probably been brought up before but with the whole base roster out, if they were to release DLC costumes for characters, what would you like to see realistically? (Basically model changes similar to legendary skins in Overwatch)

BotW Zelda, Cheerleader/Zelda dress Toon Link, Isabelle's fluffy green dress from that Kyary ad, Brittany over Olimar, classic Daisy, wedding Peach, Villager costume pack (with the witch outfit, the Zap outfit, Bunny suit, etc)

Ivander

Smash Legend
It is a butchering as I no longer feel that determination the original song gave me such strong feelings of.
To me, Iron Blue Intentions primarily needs to sound pretty sad. Then again I didn't like Divine Bloodlines until we heard the full version
Which versions of Iron Blue Intention have you been hearing? None of them, not even the Sega Genesis version, sound like they are meant to be sad.

But whatever...I just hope your sense of what's bad didn't extend to Cross your Heart.

Last edited:

Blueant22

Smash Rookie
If they did DLC costumes I'd want Brave Roy so I could at least sorta pretend I'm being Eliwood.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

TP Princess Zelda to boot as well.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What's the latest in leak/rumor/datamining world since Saturday?

I'm hearing about new Vergeben comments, some (fake?) website leak, certain characters being conspicuously absent as spirits and data being found in the files that points at certain characters. Anything else beyond those, or anything to add as updates to those particular findings?
Apparently the new Style Savvy track, Ring! Dong! Dang! has blank stage data associated with it. It could be a coding error or it could point to a scrapped or upcoming stage.

There are a few big names missing from Spirits, including Adeleine from Kirby, Sylux from Metroid, and Porky from Earthbound.

A disgruntled playtester leaked a few months ago Incineroar moveset details, Pirahna Plant's existence, and says there's a day one patch with new modes.

Home Run Contest music and stage was found in the code.

That's major stuff.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Continually.
As in going forward in the future.
As in us seeing ARMS 2 and ARMS 3 and Twintelle becoming the mascot of ARMS when Springman exists.
Its weird people push him to the side a lot but I guess it CAN happen like with Darkstalkers I guess.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Which versions of Iron Blue Intention have you been hearing? None of them, not even the Sega Genesis version, sound like they are meant to be sad.

But whatever...I just hope your sense of what's bad didn't extend to Cross your Heart.
It just has such sorrow undertones on the Genesis to me

YOU ****ING DARE ACCUSE ME OF BLASPHEMY? I SENTENCE YOU TO SINGLE JOYCON CONTROL SCHEME FOR THE REST OF TIME

D

Deleted member

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Viridi.

Honestly, most of the KIU cast are pretty ****ty people. Fits with Greek Mythos I guess. Many of the "heroes" were jerks.

Except Pit. He's a good kid dealing with a bunch of D-Bags.
Magnus did nothing wrong
Unrelated subject but what's your favorite fake non-character leak you wish was real?

I really liked the sound of a song that was a remix of the Captain Toad theme but with a section of people chanting "Kacho! Kacho!". Maybe we can get that with a Captain Toad DLC.
That's a lie if I ever saw one.

Sometimes I can't tell whether your taste is a facade or horribly picky to the extreme. And that's coming from someone who is incredibly picky with food.
Ah yes, my favorite FE character, Bionicle
Half human, half bird and half jello monster. 100% Badass.
Add 1 up there and...
That adds up to 250%, Gwen!
:ultcloud:Miss Cloud
Thank you for sparing me the typing so I can do this:
:ulttoonlink: Zelda Dress

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

:ultmario: GIVE ME BACK FIRE MARIO YOU IDIOTS
:ultluigi: Mr. L and Gooigi
:ultbowser: Dry Bowser, Wedding Bowser
:ultfalcon: Design from GX, actual Blood Falcon
:ultsamus: Power, Phazon, Light, Dark, PED suits
:ultdarksamus: Prime 2 design, Prime 2 final boss appearance (with transparent armour and skull face)
:ultsonic: Adventure 2 gear, Riders gear, maybe Classic if they can stretch it over the model somehow
:ultlucina: Masked w/short hair, Great Lord armour, Bride outfit (it worked in Warriors it can work here)
:ultrobin: Grandmaster, Hooded
:ultmarth: Lodestar, Groom
:ultcorrin: Hoshido Noble
:4corrinf:Nohr Noble
:ultridley: I want his charcoal skin from E3 back dammit
:ultrichter: gimme that SOTN design
:ultyoshi: WHY DID YOU GET RID OF BLACK YOSHI
:ultganondorf: that mask he wears in OOT with no cape
:ultmegaman: dude has hundreds of different recolours, give me all of them
:ultmiifighters: missing suits + Shadow, Eggman, Infinite, Wily, Axl, Alucard, Shanoa, Lucina, Seliph, Dark Samus, Ridley, Magnus, Raiden, Falco, Guile, and do some extra fun collab costumes like Fate ones

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Oh, discussing potential DLC alts?

Most importantly:
:ultmario: GIVE ME BACK FIRE MARIO YOU IDIOTS
From there, I can really only offer my opinion on certain others:

Ganon/Link/Zelda/Sheik: their previous designs. TP Link especially.
FE characters: promotions. All the promotions. Marth has a myriad of good designs from other material to make "official", and Roy can be de-composited into his OG design and Awakening DLC outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom