• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Thinking in terms of game development, I should probably entrust this all to someone, but I haven’t really found that someone yet…"

Interesting.

D

Deleted member

> sees people talking about the number of FE characters yet again
Fire Emblem deserves all the characters it has right now and several more on top of that.

I'm being serious, too. At least Hector and maybe Celica would be nice, so we can cover another weapon type besides swords, and have another magic user too. I wouldn't complain if we got dozens more besides them, though :p
Careful, my friend. That's blaphsmey on this board. :p

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fire Emblem deserves all the characters it has right now and several more on top of that.

I'm being serious, too. At least Hector and maybe Celica would be nice, so we can cover another weapon type besides swords, and have another magic user too. I wouldn't complain if we got dozens more besides them, though :p
At least with Fire Emblem, I can trust them mostly adding new games.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Thinking in terms of game development, I should probably entrust this all to someone, but I haven’t really found that someone yet…"

Interesting.
Guy needs to clone himself so he can have a suitable successor.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Many Japanese players didn't touched Metroid but you don't see them whining because of it got four characters.
I have a friend in Japan who claims that quite few people are upset by how much attention Metroid has gotten in this game. I don't know how many people are actually complaining, but it sounds like they're handling it the same way we did with FE in the previous game.

Can't blame them though. Metroid is virtually nonexistent there.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
But you know the saying: "Trust no one, not even yourself." Sakurai needs to find the secret to eternal life.
Transferring his consciousness into a Mii and living forever in Nintendo systems sounds like a reasonable reaction.

I have a friend in Japan who claims a quite few people are upset by how much attention Metroid has gotten in this game. I don't know how many people are actually complaining, but it sounds like they're handling it the same way we did with FE in the previous game.

Eh, so people are same in everywhere.

D

Deleted member

I always find it so ****ing weird people get legit mad at seeing their characters as Assist Trophies. Like, it's literally the highest honor a character can get besides being a fighter yet people go "Sakurai hates us!" and ****. You guys wanna trade? Because I really want to put Wonder-Red in there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I always find it so ****ing weird people get legit mad at seeing their characters as Assist Trophies. Like, it's literally the highest honor a character can get besides being a fighter yet people go "Sakurai hates us!" and ****. You guys wanna trade? Because I really want to put Wonder-Red in there.
I never understood it either.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the Shovel Knight supporters?

They've been taking their boy's appearance as an assist trophy very well...
Then again, it's a wonder that he's even in the game in the first place

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, apperiantly KOS-MOS is am attractive, badass kung-fu, laser blasting robot.
Zoe Trent fans are friendly :troll:
But yeah, that is a bummer. So much for joining the Isaac support thread for next game. :(
Well, guess that's what happens when people don't get what they want for...8 or so years. They go insane.
I have a friend in Japan who claims that quite few people are upset by how much attention Metroid has gotten in this game. I don't know how many people are actually complaining, but it sounds like they're handling it the same way we did with FE in the previous game.

:urg:
I understand the frustration. I'm not about to go ape**** because of it, but I can understand the frustration that some of those people have.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the Shovel Knight supporters?

They've been taking their boy's appearance as an assist trophy very well...
Then again, it's a wonder that he's even in the game in the first place
I've been a Shovel Knight supporter since the ballot, and I'm overjoyed that he's in the game!
And thanks for the compliment!

D

Deleted member

I wonder how all 5 Goku supporters are taking his being a spirit. They must be furious that he's not playable.

:4pacman:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Haven't seen this posted: https://www.gameinformer.com/interv...lant-spirits-and-20-years-of-super-smash-bros

Choice quote from it:
"Also, unlike some main characters from some (not widely known) franchises, Piranha Plant is a character everyone knows well."

Straight from Sakurai himself.
"There will be people who might feel disappointed if fighters that appeared in a previous title are not included. I didn’t want any players to feel that way, so we worked really hard to make this happen.

But what I learned is that regardless of doing our utmost, no matter how hard we try, and no matter how many fighters we include, there will always be people who feel that way."

Thankfully he does later say that he's surprised at how positive the overall reaction to Ultimate is, but that quote did sting a bit. I'm never going to bemoan people for being passionate about characters they want in the game, I fully understand and encourage that, but I also hope they can still appreciate just how ridiculous Ultimate is, it really is a miracle that a game like it exists.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If they want, they can be like Layton and get a song, albit a dinky menu song, that sounds like Professor Layton music but isnt at all, get no fighting music, get no trophy, no AT and so far no spirit
Its pretty fun

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sounds like me with Phosphora. I'm disappointed, yes, but she's at least still here, and in in HD in greater detail than Smash 4, and I can take snapshots. I got over it in no time.
Though even now I'm wondering about Medusa's chances to be DLC as a backup, not that I care as much now, because there's so many features in the game to try out and discover. It isn't all about the roster after all.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Is Magnus from KI still MIA?
I respect your opinion, though, I'm pretty sure that she's not obscure anymore thanks to Star Allies, and anyway she appeared in 2 games before, having a pretty relevant role in the first one (she was one of the 5 bosses in Kriby's Dream Land 3 and had the staff roll all dedicated to her), and a main character in Kirby 64. So I think that she's just as deserving as characters such as Taranza and Susie.

Anyway, even in case she's considered obscure, the thing is that her summons aren't obscure at all. She can summon some of the most iconic enemies from the series, including Kracko who has been in almost every Kirby game (when he's not in he's usually replaced by a mechanical clone or something).
It all depends on who they will make her summon in the moveset.
And funnily enough, it wouldnt be Sakubias since he isnt the director for those games.

So it's Zoe, Graizen and who else?
OK. I Will give the full list.
We are getting:
GothFluttershy with a Zoe Trent Mii costume. There splash pictures are "GothFuttershy starts a Trent"
Graizen with an Agumon Mii Costume. "Graizen heats the leaks."
Sniper_Fox with a Chocobo Mii Costume "Sniper_Fox shows at Chocobo"
Zinith with a Boshi Mii Costume "Zinith yoshies in"
and NineS with a 2B costume "NineS shows his face"

If you buy all 5 dlc characters, you will receive a unique SmashBoards stage. In there, you can see Noipoi painting the background, ToasterBrains eating pizza pants while looking at a pic of Goemon, osby looking fabulous with his avvy and Vaanrose analyzing at fake leaks. As stage hazards, we Will have tehponycorn, Cosmic77 and Scoliosis Jones deflecting bad arguments taken from the discussion thread. The stage will slowly deteriorate until the mods arrive and ask everyone to go back to topic and then this will return to its original shape.

I have also heard that a grinch assist trophy is in the making. He will throw our favorite characters out of his bag. Are you happy now?

D

Deleted member

"There will be people who might feel disappointed if fighters that appeared in a previous title are not included. I didn’t want any players to feel that way, so we worked really hard to make this happen.

But what I learned is that regardless of doing our utmost, no matter how hard we try, and no matter how many fighters we include, there will always be people who feel that way."

Thankfully he does later say that he's surprised at how positive the overall reaction to Ultimate is, but that quote did sting a bit. I'm never going to bemoan people for being passionate about characters they want in the game, but I also hope they can still appreciate that Ultimate is a miracle in itself.
Some people will never be satisfied. That's how it is. I for one appricate that Ultimate is a thing. Now, I am dissapointed that some characters like Skull Kid and Isaac didn't happen. Yes. But is it the end of the world? No. Besides, we got Snake, Ridley, Castlevania, K. Rool, to some Incineroar, and new Adventure Mode in Ultimate. I dunno about you, but I'm pretty damn happy with what we got.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Thankfully he does later say that he's surprised at how positive the overall reaction to Ultimate is, but that quote did sting a bit. I'm never going to bemoan people for being passionate about characters they want in the game, I fully understand and encourage that, but I also hope they can still appreciate just how ridiculous Ultimate is, it really is a miracle that a game like it exists.
The way Sakurai says that felt more like "Regardless of how many new characters I add, people will still miss the old ones"

monadoboy

Smash Lord

I really want Fjorm as DLC. Ice, lance, cute, cool, she's got it all. And Ice Mirror can be interesting in Smash if they make it so she gets buffed for a while when she absorbs a projectile or something.

D

Deleted member

OK. I Will give the full list.
We are getting:
GothFluttershy with a Zoe Trent Mii costume. There splash pictures are "GothFuttershy starts a Trent"
Graizen with an Agumon Mii Costume. "Graizen heats the leaks."
Sniper_Fox with a Chocobo Mii Costume "Sniper_Fox shows at Chocobo"
Zinith with a Boshi Mii Costume "Zinith yoshies in"
and NineS with a 2B costume "NineS shows his face"

If you buy all 5 dlc characters, you will receive a unique SmashBoards stage. In there, you can see Noipoi painting the background, ToasterBrains eating pizza pants while looking at a pic of Goemon, osby looking fabulous with his avvy and Vaanrose analyzing at fake leaks. As stage hazards, we Will have tehponycorn, Cosmic77 and Scoliosis Jones deflecting bad arguments taken from the discussion thread. The stage will slowly deteriorate until the mods arrive and ask everyone to go back to topic and then this will return to its original shape.

I have also heard that a grinch assist trophy is in the making. He will throw our favorite characters out of his bag. Are you happy now?
That would be a great DLC set
10/10 would buy

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really want Fjorm as DLC. Ice, lance, cute, cool, she's got it all. And Ice Mirror can be interesting in Smash if they make it so she gets buffed for a while when she absorbs a projectile or something.
I've been playing FE Heros, because I want to get into FE, and yeah! Fjorm would be great! Shame people would be upset cuz it's another FE character though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, as Dixie Kong fan, I feel so good that she's not deconfirmed and possible for DLC for... uh, four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom