• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Huh. Well, nice to get an official confirmation that WoL is darker than SSE, like that trailer didn't traumatized me enough.
SSE was dark enough with its ROB genocide and Lucas hanging round an abandoned zoo. Kind of getting worried about WoL now if a disintegrated Duck Hunt is only the tip of the iceberg

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Netherlands, where everything's nice and fine until it gets close to December because of old racist traditions
I thought so...

"Old man yells at Dutch Woman"

I was thinking you were Dutch, then I second guessed myself and thought: "hmm... no, maybe she's Danish? Swedish?" and the joke was ruined.

D

Deleted member

I'm really digging the theory that Galleem is actually Dragon King, the original fighter snd he's unlocked as Fighter 00 by beating WoL but I know it's way too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm really digging the theory that Galleem is actually Dragon King, the original fighter snd he's unlocked as Fighter 00 by beating WoL but I know it's way too good to be true.
I thought Captain Falcon was the Dragon King.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've been in there, isn't it the place where literally everyone rides a bicycle?
...Fun fact.

On one of the Channel Islands, Sark. Cars are banned; only Tractors, Horse Drawn Carriages, and Bicycles are allowed.

I know this because I live in the Channel Islands myself, specifically Jersey.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
...Fun fact.

On one of the Channel Islands, Sark. Cars are banned; only Tractors, Horse Drawn Carriages, and Bicycles are allowed.

sounds like hell

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Fun fact.

They should implement that here so that old **** who nearly ran me over because his dumb face was focused on the goddamn parking lot instead of where his ****ing car was going

osby

Smash Obsessed
remind me not to visit, riding a bike is far too much exertion.
I like riding them but I was afraid someone is going to run over me because everyone goes so fast and they have priority over pedestrians if I recall correctly.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wtf does that even mean?

People don't just buy games because companies need them to.
Rising came out during a time Konami needed a game to sell to keep them in the black. The original plan for the game was Metal Gear Solid: Rising, and it took place during the period between 2 and 4, but when the team Kojima entrusted the project to couldn't get the gameplay right Platinum was brought on board and at this point Kojima was basically removed from the project so the game could be completed. The team at Platinum that took over the game completely shifted the timeline the story took place (in a manner I highly disagree with as it actively goes against the Raiden character and his arc) but then it was released during a time where people were thirsty for Metal Gear content, myself included, because the HD collection was popping and V was a speck on the horizon. Konami then marketed the hell out of it as much as they could, releasing tons of figures, putting Rising Raiden in PSABR, etc, just so they could get back in the black again as a company.

I'm not saying it's bad that a game sold. I am annoyed that a game that should be occupying a similar place in the collective consciousness as Ghost Babel due to the lack of real Kojima involvement and his later disavowment of its place in the timeline has as much publicity as it does because it was forced to be completed and released in a state completely far away from its original vision because the public wanted Metal Gear. And yes, on a personal level, I don't enjoy the game because the script feels like it was written for people who don't actually like Metal Gear and think it's all "weird and wacky" and hated 4.

And also, just, I hate that janky blocky look. His 4 white look was so much more elegant so I just prefer it aesthetically as a whole.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I like riding them but I was afraid someone is going to run over me because everyone goes so fast and they have priority over pedestrians if I recall correctly.
No, we THINK we have priority over pedestrians. Especially those assholes who look like they're ready for the tour de french. Those guys don't know what traffic laws are

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Can I get an update on which characters still don’t have a blog post? I predicted Yoshi would be last, I wanna see who else is left.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I thought Captain Falcon was the Dragon King.
His moveset likely originates somewhat from the old Dragon King game, being a stock moveset overall. I'd assume that hypothetically there were a Dragon king character, the character would have been completely reworked, as Captain Falcon was never acknowledged to have the Dragon King moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Luigi ever gets an echo fighter it's final smash better be a chiseled football

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
How does this prove Hitagi is fake?

It just means that the info Hitagi has been trying to get FOR US is fake and he's taking more time to confirm that what he has is true.

Look, I'm not saying ya'll should treat him as a god, but have some respect for the guy and stop being so desperate to "expose" him or whatever. Here's an actual application of the misinformation idea that was misrepresented during the Grinch hoax, so be patient for the real information to come.
I'm not trying to expose him, and I'm not saying he is a fake. All I'm saying is this is what this guy said, and this is their message, and I'm just getting this info out to people

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How does this prove Hitagi is fake?

It just means that the info Hitagi has been trying to get FOR US is fake and he's taking more time to confirm that what he has is true.
If the information they convey is fake, it doesn't really matter where the info comes from. There's no functional difference between some creating fake information or someone passing on fake information. Their information is still fake.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm not trying to expose him, and I'm not saying he is a fake. All I'm saying is this is what this guy said, and this is their message, and I'm just getting this info out to people

Honestly, I hope it resets all picks to zero. It's why I only believe Vergebens claim of "Minecraft content", which could be anything and a Square character. The fact that Verg is so vague on Minecraft but somehow more specific on Square (to an extent) leads me to believe its not a character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fire Emblem Heroes Rep for Smash cause Book 3 nonsense

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308

Good morning everyone! I'm extra bouncy and energetic today! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I'll be making sure to stuff my face completely, haha.
So what's going on friends? Anything new or crazy?~

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Good morning everyone! I'm extra bouncy and energetic today! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I'll be making sure to stuff my face completely, haha.
So what's going on friends? Anything new or crazy?~
how tf did you make me support Chocobo in smash with just this gif

i really like birds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom